By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 GDC Reveal and PS5 specs/performance Digital Foundry Video analysis : 3.5 Ghz 8 core Zen 2 CPU along with 10.3 TF RDNA 2 RT capable and 16GB GDDR6 RAM and also super crazy fast 5.5 GB/Second S

How do you feel

My brain become bigger su... 21 30.00%

I am wet 6 8.57%

What did he talked about??? 5 7.14%

I want some more info 9 12.86%

Total:41
trunkswd said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Yeah, now's a bad time to upgrade anyway. New GPUs coming this summer/fall. 

Yeah. I could upgrade my CPU, memory, mobo and SSD, without upgrading my GPU, but I don't see the point. 

Yep. No GPU = pointless upgrade. 

Another good reason to not upgrade. SSD prices are pretty high right now. I was able to get a 2TB M.2 drive for $170 last year. Now, prices are something like $210. The 2.5 format has gone up in price too. And I think PS5 might make mechanical drives a joke for PCs. 

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
trunkswd said:

My PC is outdated and it would cost me well over $1,000 to upgrade it. I generally wait for sales on the Xbox / PS Store before buying most games. Plus Game Pass means I don't need to buy all the Microsoft first-party games. 

Yeah, now's a bad time to upgrade anyway. New GPUs coming this summer/fall. 

This is a bit off-topic, but because of COVID19 and the many fabs that have had to shut down, there are a lot of parts that will go up in price in the coming months.

So yeah, maybe it's not really a bad time to upgrade, or at least get some parts like RAM.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

CrazyGPU said:
Intrinsic said:

Lol yeah, I was right back then, was also right about them using SSDs... though I wasn't expecting 5.5GB/s. And yes I am fully aware that the XSX is just flat out faster. I am super stoked thought about how close and powerful they both are. I am kinda bummed out that the greatest strength of the PS5 is something that we are likely not to see 3rd party devs fully take advantage of, but well... Thank God for Sony worldwide studios.

You and me both sir...

Ok, now I need to make a thread about how fast is going to be the hardware of PS5 pro and Xbox series X2. Lol. 

Are you happy with the next gen consoles specs? 

Yup... I think they are both very capable machines. I have my concerns with regards to memory bandwidth though, but we can't have it all can we? I think a lot of time and energy is being wasted arguing about the power difference between the two, being that this is the smallest gap in performance difference that we have ever had between a PS and Xbox console ever.

More importantly, though, it would be near impossible to spot the difference between both consoles. The reasoning for this is pretty easy and straightforward (maybe even obvious), but I think people wanna argue about hat a 15%/17% (depending on how you calculate it) GPU difference would make lol.

EricHiggin said:
Intrinsic said:

Lol yeah, I was right back then, was also right about them using SSDs... though I wasn't expecting 5.5GB/s. And yes I am fully aware that the XSX is just flat out faster. I am super stoked thought about how close and powerful they both are. I am kinda bummed out that the greatest strength of the PS5 is something that we are likely not to see 3rd party devs fully take advantage of, but well... Thank God for Sony worldwide studios.

You were one of the pioneers of SSD talk if I remember correctly. I was a little skeptical of full blown SSD, but a smaller amount however on board seemed within reason back then. I did not think we'd see NVMe, at the speeds they are claiming, with around 1TB. User expandable third party NVMe as well? What? Out of all the ways I thought SNY would flex, this really caught me off guard.

I am really happy personally. I mentioned back then that I would much prefer they focus on super quick loading speeds, even if that meant a slightly weaker CPU and GPU. Slightly weaker GPU if they had to choose between either. Seems like that's darn near exactly what they're offering.

I'm going to have a hard time holding off for a couple years like I usually do this time around. I wasn't the biggest SIE fan until PS4, but after playing TLOURe and the Uncharted Collection, and seeing what they've done on PS4 with HZD, GOW, etc, the potential for PS5 has me drooling uncontrollably.

Yup...to me back then having an SSD was going to be a no brainer. And I also expected that by 2020 SSDs would cost as little as they do now. I guess my power prediction as spot on too, well at least if we do a GCN TFLOPsto RDNA2 TFLOPS conversion lol.

I am buying the PS5 day one. I have already sold my PS4pro (since around nov/December last year to be exact) so I am primed and ready for next-gen to begin and I have a number of games I would be playing for the first time on next-gen hardware (FF7R, RE3R, TLOU2, GoT, Cyberpunk). So I really can't wait.

Intrinsic said:
EricHiggin said:

You were one of the pioneers of SSD talk if I remember correctly. I was a little skeptical of full blown SSD, but a smaller amount however on board seemed within reason back then. I did not think we'd see NVMe, at the speeds they are claiming, with around 1TB. User expandable third party NVMe as well? What? Out of all the ways I thought SNY would flex, this really caught me off guard.

I am really happy personally. I mentioned back then that I would much prefer they focus on super quick loading speeds, even if that meant a slightly weaker CPU and GPU. Slightly weaker GPU if they had to choose between either. Seems like that's darn near exactly what they're offering.

I'm going to have a hard time holding off for a couple years like I usually do this time around. I wasn't the biggest SIE fan until PS4, but after playing TLOURe and the Uncharted Collection, and seeing what they've done on PS4 with HZD, GOW, etc, the potential for PS5 has me drooling uncontrollably.

Yup...to me back then having an SSD was going to be a no brainer. And I also expected that by 2020 SSDs would cost as little as they do now. I guess my power prediction as spot on too, well at least if we do a GCN TFLOPsto RDNA2 TFLOPS conversion lol.

I am buying the PS5 day one. I have already sold my PS4pro (since around nov/December last year to be exact) so I am primed and ready for next-gen to begin and I have a number of games I would be playing for the first time on next-gen hardware (FF7R, RE3R, TLOU2, GoT, Cyberpunk). So I really can't wait.

I wonder if there's an Intrinsic type user on a healthcare/medical site who had the same level of foresight? If only more people listened to both.

I'm still reading the 5th page of this thread, and really, shame on you who thought that it would be a full console reveal with games, device photographs and everything. C'mon is it VGC or Facebook?

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network
0D0 said:
I'm still reading the 5th page of this thread, and really, shame on you who thought that it would be a full console reveal with games, device photographs and everything. C'mon is it VGC or Facebook?

It is let's expect something that doesn't make sense and them get pissed for not receiving. Just like several reviewers do with games evaluating it not for what it is or supposed to be but what the reviewer wanted the game to be and taking away points from it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

We already got games that are +100GB, and when games become 200GB or more the PS5 is really gonna flex some muscle.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
We already got games that are +100GB, and when games become 200GB or more the PS5 is really gonna flex some muscle.

That is, if games reach those 200GB.

I've seen other discussions bringing the argument that game sizes could actually go down in size, at least at first, because some games duplicate part of the info several times, taking into account the time that traditional HDDs lose when searching for it, something that won't happen with the new ones.

Beyond that, we still have to see what kind of benefits does the faster NVMe drive of the PS5 bring to the table, other than faster loading times and texture streaming.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
deskpro2k3 said:

That is, if games reach those 200GB.

I've seen other discussions bringing the argument that game sizes could actually go down in size, at least at first, because some games duplicate part of the info several times, taking into account the time that traditional HDDs lose when searching for it, something that won't happen with the new ones.

Beyond that, we still have to see what kind of benefits does the faster NVMe drive of the PS5 bring to the table, other than faster loading times and texture streaming.

Also to remember that this gen because of Pro and X1X several games were already receiving textures and other assets in 4k, so I don't expect game sizes to go from 25-50 to 200Gb. I think 50-100 will be the range.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

deskpro2k3 said:

By running out of storage space almost immediately after launch?