By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Now could be an awesome service if it wasn't for Sony.

We need to give Sony more time. PS Now gets better every year. It'll keep getting better.

Personally, my PS Now subscription is worth more than having a second console like a Switch. I've played so many good games there.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network

Wow, had no idea they won’t even add most of their exclusives, even years after they released. You’d think after 2 years the system selling potential dried out so PS Now would be a natural fit. Looking from the other side this is kinda funny to see a clear disparity.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

twintail said:
sales2099 said:
Wow, had no idea they won’t even add most of their exclusives, even years after they released. You’d think after 2 years the system selling potential dried out so PS Now would be a natural fit. Looking from the other side this is kinda funny to see a clear disparity.

Considering how well Sony games are selling, and how much money they are making already off download purchases, unlike MS, there's no rush to push their titles onto the service.

I imagine the competitive MP segments of their PS5 games launch day 1 on the service though .

I mean not even Uncharted 4? That’s like 4 years ago. The name PS Now sounds a little more ironic to me then a day ago before I read this thread. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Sony has made good progress with PS Now. They just need to keep building up their game offerings, if they do that PS Now could become a great value at only 60 bucks a year.

sales2099 said:
twintail said:

Considering how well Sony games are selling, and how much money they are making already off download purchases, unlike MS, there's no rush to push their titles onto the service.

I imagine the competitive MP segments of their PS5 games launch day 1 on the service though .

I mean not even Uncharted 4? That’s like 4 years ago. The name PS Now sounds a little more ironic to me then a day ago before I read this thread. 

Uncharted 4 is still selling a health amount every month.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Considering how much the games Sony publishes are selling even year after release and how PS4 is still selling compared to the number of subs on PSNow I would say their focus right now is to not impact the sales of HW and SW while on PSNow they work on the service and quality itself because adding content would be the "easier" part after that either by putting their full backlog of 1st party or signing deals. But that would make sense after the service is mature enough to be a money bringer instead of impacting what is currently bringing major money (PS+, PS4 sold at good profit, and 1st party record breaking sales... gamepass type service would create a big impact on it).

Simple question, do you think better 1st party support on PS Now would hurt PS4's output and/or performance? I think the obvious answer if not really if at all.

We actually agree Sony is afraid PS4 sales could be affected if Sony gave PS Now better support. However, there is plenty of PS4 content Sony could add that's 3+ years old and isn't moving much if any hardware. I made a list of numerous titles, I even forgot to mention Infamous:SS.

If the concern is PS Now could steal any sales from PS4, maybe it shouldn't have any PS4 content. It certainly shouldn't have Uncharted Lost Legacy and Horizon:ZD. I really don't think Sony adding 1st party games that are 3-4+ years old on PS Now would hurt PS4 at all. In fact, many PS Now users may have a PS4 and use it download PS4 games.

It seems PS Now suffers as a Netflix/Gamepass type of service because Sony doesn't want PC users getting too much access to PS4 content. So people using PS Now exclusively on their PS4 get a underwhelming service because Sony is too concerned about what PC users can access.

In a nutshell, I believe PS4 could continue its success and PS Now being a better service wouldn't impact that.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

yea, Sony should consider having a fixed time at which their own games "have to" appear on PS Now, like for example:

- they have to be on the service for at least 6 months in the first 24 months after release and be a permanent part of the archive after 36 months at most

obviously the smaller/more obscure titles should join the archive much quicker than that

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

Uncharted 4 is still selling a health amount every month.

I'm sure it does fine, but I am also confident PS4 sales won't nose dive if it came to PS Now.

Frankly, there is plenty of content that's about 4+ years old Sony content that should be on PS Now. Much of which is not very active based on the PS Store's Top Games List.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

0D0 said:

We need to give Sony more time. PS Now gets better every year. It'll keep getting better.

Personally, my PS Now subscription is worth more than having a second console like a Switch. I've played so many good games there.

Time isn't the issue, the service is like 6 years old.

I agree the service has improved over the years, but its not because time passed. Its because Sony has allowed it be better.

I'm not sure if the price cut was done to stimulate subscriptions or an admission the service was too expensive for what it is.

Recently Completed

Lafiel said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Oh really? I didn't know that. Certainly makes it a more interesting service then. If you download them can you play without an internet connection though?

I think you need to connect once in 24h to verify your licence

btw many PS2 games on the service are downloadable to play on a PS4 aswell

You can download PS2 games given they're the emulated versions available on PS4. However, its a small and underwhelming list. Only 21 games and none are notable PS2 releases per se. In comparison I see 456 PS3 games and 360 PS4 games.

It's a very respectable list of games you get access to for $60. The problem Sony is afraid to use much of their own PS4 content to bolster it.

In fact, I just noticed PS Now does have Gravity Rush 2, but it's exclusive to the PS4 console. I can't access it on my PC. The game was a fucking flop, why are they making it exclusive to PS4 users?

Recently Completed