By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA: "There isn't much room for other titles than 1st party on Switch"

EA being embarassing again http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/01/ea_has_more_planned_for_the_switch_but_is_still_conscious_of_first-party_dominance

(From Nintendolife.com)

"In the company's latest conference call for its Q3 2020 quarterly report, COO Blake Jorgensen said EA has more plans for the Switch and was "always" talking to Nintendo about what else it could bring to the system. At the same time, it's conscious of "the fact" the best-selling software on the system is first-party and uses this information to help measure the "realities" of how big its market can be.

as the platform grows, our interest in adding content grows for that platform

But we're also conscious of the fact that the top selling titles, by a long shot, are all Nintendo software. Which is fabulous software, but it helps us balance the realities of how big our markets could be there. But trust that we're looking at that, you will hear more things in the future about what we're putting on the platform.

Around the Network

How strange!!! You can't buy what doesn't exist.

You reap what you sow EA.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Vgchartz Switch Numbers in database:
Minecraft - 1.89 million
Skyrim - 1.15 million
Crash Bandicoot trilogy - 1.11 million
Fifa18 - 1.10 million
Octopath Traveler - 1.02 million

How many does EA need to sell to think it's profitable? If a million isn't enough then that's sad. I'm sure if they released all their games on Switch they'd sell enough to profit and save their company some face.

Why does it matter for them if the top selling titles are Nintendo’s? Whether or not Mario Kart sells 30M is irrelevant for whether or not they make a game that sells 10M (as an example). Nintendo could make ten Mario Karts that sell 30M and it still wouldn’t matter. They should look at themselves. If Fifa 20 sold worse (if it even did) than last years version its not because Nintendo sells a lot of games, its because they stupidly put the degrading “Legacy Edition” front and center on the box. But EA is EA and EA is incompetent.

So they need to have the top seller for it to be worth it for them? Pathetic

Around the Network

Third party games do perform very poorly on the Switch compared to other platforms. Doesn't mean it can't be profitable though.

They would make money on the switch, Call of Duty would make money on the Switch. It won't sell 10 million units but it can sell 1-2 million units. There should be profit. Maybe they are lazy at optimizing games for the hardware. Maybe they are looking for that 10 mill number...I suspect that if the Switch keeps selling at the pace that it is selling at...we will see Madden and eventually some remaster of last gen CoD on it.

Not even a full month into 2020 and EA is already hard at work for that award of worst company of the year.

Last edited by Nu-13 - on 31 January 2020

EA: we cant sell loot shit boxes on the switch, so theres no room for our worthless garbage. Fuck you EA, nobody noticed you werent there any fucking way. This is the only company that's shittier than crapcom. What an achievement.

SwitchUP said:
EA: we cant sell loot shit boxes on the switch, so theres no room for our worthless garbage. Fuck you EA, nobody noticed you werent there any fucking way. This is the only company that's shittier than crapcom. What an achievement.

Activision Blizzard says hi. I fully agree on everything else, though.

But trust that we're looking at that, you will hear more things in the future about what we're putting on the platform.

That sounds like a threat to me, lol You can keep your garbage, EA.