By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: According to Polish insider Cyberpunk 2077 delay because Xbox One (current gen base console)

Tagged games:

What do you think

Developer should make thi... 11 31.43%

Developer should release ... 9 25.71%

I am okay waiting for another 5 months 9 25.71%

I am okay because i will ... 6 17.14%

Total:35
Mr Puggsly said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Remember when people were saying that the Lockhart model of the XB1SX wouldn't cause games to be delayed? Yeah, I'm starting to have second thoughts about that.

Also, why not just release this on PC first, and delay it for consoles? It's not as if plenty of developers don't massively delay their PC releases, while releasing said game on consoles a year earlier. Case in point, Nioh 2. Launching on PS4 in a few months. As for the PC release, there's not even a date yet.

If Lockhart is just less GPU, why would there be an issue? 1/3 of the GPU power could just be a lower resolution.

Cyberpunk is also heavily reliant on console revenue.

I don't know why there would be an issue. I just know that scalable graphics assets predict that Cyberpunk would not be delayed due to needing to be recoded specifically for a weaker console. And yet here we are, in a world where Cyberpunk has most likely been delayed due to needing to get it working on the base model XB1. 

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:
If games like Cyberpunk are basically unplayable on XB1, and possibly poor overall quality on PS4, then that would push some more people to jump into next gen asap. Especially if there was a highly affordable next gen console available.

I just don't understand what would make them unplayable. In theory they should just have to scale back the assets and/or resolution to a reasonable point. The idea that the game would get delayed due to a console not being powerful enough just boggles my mind. Yet here we are. 

I remember when PS3 fans were complaining because Final Fantasy 13 was scaled down because of Xbox 360 DVD capacity. Good times....this news feels nostalgic :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

People keep bringing up the witcher 3 on switch like if porting it was no more than copy paste and slide the resolution to the left. DONE. Im no dev but im pretty sure it took a decent amount of work to actually port a game. Im sure it took less cuz the witcher 3 is pretty old by now, it was also completed, so there was no simultaneous development with other consoles and pc. Still sure its not as easy as people here are making it out to be.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

If Lockhart is just less GPU, why would there be an issue? 1/3 of the GPU power could just be a lower resolution.

Cyberpunk is also heavily reliant on console revenue.

I don't know why there would be an issue. I just know that scalable graphics assets predict that Cyberpunk would not be delayed due to needing to be recoded specifically for a weaker console. And yet here we are, in a world where Cyberpunk has most likely been delayed due to needing to get it working on the base model XB1. 

Again, if Lockhart's only disparity is a weaker GPU than the work should simply be tweaking the resolution.

Anyhow, it doesent appear supporting PS4 Pro and X1X adds significant work.

I don't believe Cyberpunk is delayed for X1. I dont think the game is ready, period. Delays aren't rare.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
EricHiggin said:
If games like Cyberpunk are basically unplayable on XB1, and possibly poor overall quality on PS4, then that would push some more people to jump into next gen asap. Especially if there was a highly affordable next gen console available.

I just don't understand what would make them unplayable. In theory they should just have to scale back the assets and/or resolution to a reasonable point. The idea that the game would get delayed due to a console not being powerful enough just boggles my mind. Yet here we are. 

If the problem is specs, don't you think they should have determined this was too difficult maybe years ago? Especially when you consider its a custom engine designed to work on consoles.

UE4 games can feel unpolished, its kinda just expected with the engine. Cyberpunk doesent have that excuse.

I just cant believe this is a problem they stumbled into near the finish. Its just too stupid. Maybe they want more time to optimize and fix bugs. The Witcher 3 improved via many patches.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

eva01beserk said:
People keep bringing up the witcher 3 on switch like if porting it was no more than copy paste and slide the resolution to the left. DONE. Im no dev but im pretty sure it took a decent amount of work to actually port a game. Im sure it took less cuz the witcher 3 is pretty old by now, it was also completed, so there was no simultaneous development with other consoles and pc. Still sure its not as easy as people here are making it out to be.

I don't think people are suggesting otherwise.

The Witcher 3 is just used as an example of how games can be scaled back when specs are limited. The Witcher 3 seemed like an impossible port on Switch, but the final product is functional.

Recently Completed

If the problem is base Xbone, that is GPU issue with the game (as I believe XBO has 5% higher CPU clock than base PS4).
So it seems like the solution is just cut Xbone graphics back until it runs decently, with higher settings for S and XboneX.
Maybe less people will buy it, or wait until Series X, but probably won't make a difference for many if gameplay is same.
After all, anybody with base Xbone is used to worst graphics already, so it's not going to be a change of pace for them.
Atop that Xbone is less than 1/3 the install base of PS4, so minor underperformance on Xbone sales is less critical than PS4.
And people who delay for graphics are likely going to buy anyways with Series X, so it's not lost money, just delayed money.
Doesn't seem worth delaying ALL money from other platforms if they can be launched as is, or with less delay than Xbone.

Mr Puggsly said:
eva01beserk said:

I don't think people are suggesting otherwise.

The Witcher 3 is just used as an example of how games can be scaled back when specs are limited. The Witcher 3 seemed like an impossible port on Switch, but the final product is functional.

But that's an empty point to make if we're being honest. The whole point of the witcher is that it took specific time and effort to port to the switch. Infact it required a team to port it (saber interactive) and was being ported for at least 12months. 

Which really just supports the narrative a weaker console will take more time to optimise for.

Personally I'm indifferent to the news, obviously glad that if this is true CD Projekt probably want the Xbox S Version to be respectable. In recent years we've seen too many bad Xbox S ports, and it's quite distasteful when you consider the user base for Xbox S users is like 10x the user base for Xbox One X and were still part of the generation so they should be looked after.

Cerebralbore101 said:
EricHiggin said:

Bad performance (not unplayable but disruptive) will hurt reception and hurt sales and CDs repution. Obviously nothing crazy dramatic but its believable this would cause a delay for a team who isnt having their hand pushed by a big publisher. Several games in recent memory should have  been delayed a few months to deliver a solid experience for all user bases. Star Wars is one of them.

I don't necessarily believe this news. Particular because the length of delay doesnt sound like optising 1 version of the game, especially not with Xbox being so close to spec to the PS4. So for this to be true either both the OG  PS4/Xbox are struggling at sub 900p resolutions (the game can also be cpu bound) or the delay is unrelated to performance optimisation.