By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: According to Polish insider Cyberpunk 2077 delay because Xbox One (current gen base console)

Tagged games:

What do you think

Developer should make thi... 11 31.43%

Developer should release ... 9 25.71%

I am okay waiting for another 5 months 9 25.71%

I am okay because i will ... 6 17.14%

Total:35
Cerebralbore101 said:
Bandorr said:

People go from Console to PC all the time.  GTA V, RDR 2, Monster hunter etc.

I suspect not many would actually go PC to Console. By that I mean buying the PC version. Completing it. Then getting it for console the next year.

So in theory releasing for the PC could hurt sales.  No clue if that is actually true - but it is the first thing I thought.

Yeah, that would mean PC versions get delayed in order to force people to doubledip. The thing is though, that CDPR has never been that sort of company. They run GoG for christ's sake! They are currently the most honest western developer. Maybe even the most honest and fair developer period. 

And not many people double dip, on top of that, how on earth does this multiplatform game selling on PC first "hurt sales" exactly?. It's their game and they are selling it on multiple stores, as well as their own (GoG). We see many games releasing on PC first (like indie's and MMO's for some examples) and yet sales aren't "hurt" there. There are people excited for TemTem, but are waiting for a Switch version, and people like me who wait for a PC version of a game down the road. 

Getting people to double dip like Capcom is scummy though. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 24 January 2020

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
HollyGamer said:

I bet if The Witcher 3 was targeted with Switch in mind it will take longer than a year. The Witcher 3 on Switch was a  port rather then using the same assets and same code. They have to almost modified the entire assets to look like 7th gen games.  

Not necessarily. Switch ports often have another studio scaling it back even if launching around the same time.

Switch ports technically use the same engine and assets as well. Just better optimized for Switch.

Recently we've seen that with most recent Wolfenstein, MK 11 and its happening with the Doom Eternal.

And that require more resource on time, money and people. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
Remember when people were saying that the Lockhart model of the XB1SX wouldn't cause games to be delayed? Yeah, I'm starting to have second thoughts about that.

Also, why not just release this on PC first, and delay it for consoles? It's not as if plenty of developers don't massively delay their PC releases, while releasing said game on consoles a year earlier. Case in point, Nioh 2. Launching on PS4 in a few months. As for the PC release, there's not even a date yet.

If Lockhart is just less GPU, why would there be an issue? 1/3 of the GPU power could just be a lower resolution.

Cyberpunk is also heavily reliant on console revenue.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

HollyGamer said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Not necessarily. Switch ports often have another studio scaling it back even if launching around the same time.

Switch ports technically use the same engine and assets as well. Just better optimized for Switch.

Recently we've seen that with most recent Wolfenstein, MK 11 and its happening with the Doom Eternal.

Not necessarily time, Switch version could see a delay. But more money/people? Yeah, no shit.

That's why Switch ports are kinda rare. It does take extra resources to create.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Zoombael said:
Yet, there are still people who think it is viable to support "last gen" hardware for years to come.

Depends on the project and how ports are done. In theory they could make scaled back 9th gen games for 8th gen specs.

Kinda like current gen games running on Switch.

However, is there even going to be a viable audience using 8th gen consoles in 2026? Not really, maybe just smaller stuff at best.

Recently Completed

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
HollyGamer said:

Not necessarily time, Switch version could see a delay. But more money/people? Yeah, no shit.

The bold part is the reason why    

Also if it's include another studios it will be one package (more people to work , more money to pay the worker and more time for porting the games). Hell even without using third studios to port it still add extra time and development process. 

HollyGamer said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Also if it's include another studios it will be one package (more people to work , more money to pay the worker and more time for porting the games). Hell even without using third studios to port it still add extra time and development process. 

I imagine that's all calculated when a complex port is considered.

Hence, is it worthwhile to create and is there a small studio capable and willing to handle it.

There are numerous examples of this on Wii, Vita, 7th gen consoles and Switch.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
HollyGamer said:

I imagine that's all calculated when a complex port is considered.

Hence, is it worthwhile to create and is there a small studio capable and willing to handle it.

There are numerous examples of this on Wii, Vita, 7th gen consoles and Switch.

It depend on how big and complex the game is

usually small studios will be involve to minimize the risk

many many generation of gaming use this kind of method and it will still be the same. 

I just wish they would be honest and tells us they delayed because they need more time to PERFECT the game. Obviously is not the current consoles hardware, because they managed to put witcher 3 on the switch and I doubt the game will be much more advanced technically than the witcher 3, that would be difficult for any developer to achieve.

Personally I prefer when games get delayed, I don't like this mentality of getting the game out early and then needing to patch the game for months until its good. We have hundreds of good games to play, there is no rush for games to come out so quick, no one is desperate with lack of games.

If games like Cyberpunk are basically unplayable on XB1, and possibly poor overall quality on PS4, then that would push some more people to jump into next gen asap. Especially if there was a highly affordable next gen console available.