By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This gen's almost over!...So what is your favorite new IP?

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
p0isonparadise said:

Spider-Man (PS4) isn't a new IP.

Ok dad

Wow! This latest millennial junior generation is absolutely ridiculous!

Not that you haven't heard of Spiderman before, but that your insult toward him says "OK, guy who fucked my mother."

Last edited by Jumpin - on 23 January 2020

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
p0isonparadise said:

Spider-Man (PS4) isn't a new IP.

Ok dad

Anyway, Switch is current-gen. Wii U is the generation before.

I wouldn't say either are a part of the PS/Xbox generations, no matter how much people try to cram these unrelated devices into the same box.

But if you are going by the time period of roughly the start of the PS4/Xbox One generation, then yes: Wii U, 3DS, and Switch games all came out in that era, as well as any PC and mobile games of the last decade or so.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Hollow Knight and Undertale

Splatoon on the WiiU. I had thought I was burnt out on shooters after playing Black Opps 2 then Ghosts... then again Splatoon isn't exactly just a shooter.

Around the Network

Horizon Zero Dawn
Hollow Knight
Bloodborne

All of them amazing games.

Splatoon and Destiny.

Horizon: Zero Dawn for sure. Nothing else comes close.

Followed closely by God of War (not a new IP, but I would still count it for this conversation as it's different enough from all past God of War titles to warrant being mentioned). Bloodbourne also gets a shoutout. I have not played Sekerio: Shadows Die Twice but it seems everyone raves about it, and it will no doubt continue on into the PS5/Xbox Series X generation.

Finally, how does one count Destiny? It launched as both a PS3 and PS4 title simultaneously, but well into the PS4/Xbox One generation (consoles launched in Nov 2013, Destiny launched in Sep 2014). *IF* you can count Destiny as a new IP from the current-gen, then I have to go with that. Easily over 1000 hours into D1/D2 at this point lol

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
OTBWY said:

I am just joking around :P

Yeah me too :D

Does Mario&Rabbits: Kingdom Battle counts? Or NES Remix?

Otherwise, Octopath traveler. Splatoon is closely behind.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 24 January 2020