By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

OdinHades said:
Nighthawk117 said:
Business Insider: Walmart, Amazon, Target nearly sold out of toilet paper online

I still don't get why people hoard toilet paper. I get that people want to have some food in their houses, just in case. But who needs vast amounts of toilet paper?

Being deathly sick,... sitting on the toliet... and being out of toilet papir probably sucks though.
Most can go a week without food, while recovering if needed (so they might not view it, as much of a issue).

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
It might be safer to move to Wuhan now lol. At least they have plenty spare beds.

Everyone who thinks that China is in control of the virus is seriously deluded. Wuhan is their "Show-it-off" place. There are thousands of villages in China where no reporter has ever gone. And there equally are thousands of Wuhan citizens who somehow have been slipping out of town.

JRPGfan said:
OdinHades said:

I still don't get why people hoard toilet paper. I get that people want to have some food in their houses, just in case. But who needs vast amounts of toilet paper?

Being deathly sick,... sitting on the toliet... and being out of toilet papir probably sucks though.
Most can go a week without food, while recovering if needed (so they might not view it, as much of a issue).

I think at that point you should already be in a hospital. Let's hope they don't run out of toilet paper.

Marth said:
JRPGfan said:

Sadly this is likely true.
Italy did a horrible job, preventing spread.

Just wait, there are way bigger fuckups currently in the making.

You mean the orange guy and his bible-thumping sidekick? At least they are solving the Boeing 737 problem. A few months more of this and Boeing is history.

Pretty much all countries with a lot of infections close schools now. In Germany even with so many new cases today, the stupid politicians just can't agree with each other to do so. Parents have no time, someone would have to stay at home to care for them and couldn't work and stuff like that is their opinion.

Sure, let them infect each other some more weeks to then infect their families. This will surely work better in the long run than acting now.

I guess we want that throne for the most infected country pretty bad If I hear those politicians

Last edited by crissindahouse - on 12 March 2020

Around the Network

Man, If Amazon didn't already kill half of many countries retail stores they will do it now. This will make them even bigger over the next year or years.

We just heard that the schools will be closed until April 5th here in Ontario, Canada. Next week is March break, then 2 more weeks off. Smart, 14 days to figure out who all bring covid 19 back from their holidays.... One more school day, then 3 weeks off for the kids. Maybe longer if shit hits the fan here as well. (Need some toilet paper to clean the fans)

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/all-public-schools-in-ontario-will-be-closed-for-two-weeks-after-march-break-due-to-covid-19-1.4850653

The Ontario government made the announcement in a statement on Thursday, saying that the decision was made based on advice from Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health.

“This means that Ontario schools have been ordered to remain closed from March 14 through to April 5, 2020,” the statement reads. “We recognize the significant impact this decision will have on families, students, schools, as well as the broader community, but this precaution is necessary to keep people safe.”

John2290 said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Aka Disneyland is Orange County's top money maker 

Fucksake. Disney just bought their way out of a public health emergency and are just gonna let people put themselves in danger for the money, their costumers are nothing but herded cattle for the slaughter. They should be shamed rotten for this as well as that Governer that allowed it, I'm not one for boycotts much outside of the games industry but if there ever was a justified one it is this right here. Sickening.  

Looks like they're closed now.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/media/disneyland-close-coronavirus/index.html

super_etecoon said:
John2290 said:

Fucksake. Disney just bought their way out of a public health emergency and are just gonna let people put themselves in danger for the money, their costumers are nothing but herded cattle for the slaughter. They should be shamed rotten for this as well as that Governer that allowed it, I'm not one for boycotts much outside of the games industry but if there ever was a justified one it is this right here. Sickening.  

Right decision that being said, I hope someone does a re-enactment of Vacation's Walley World scene.

rapsuperstar31 said:
super_etecoon said:

Right decision that being said, I hope someone does a re-enactment of Vacation's Walley World scene.

Might have to do that at Magic Mountain since that's where the scenes were shot.  Haha, of course you could almost do that on a regular slow day there.  The last time I went I could ride the rides fast enough.