By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

Update: California governor Gavin Newsom just told press that Disneyland in Anaheim is exempt from the state's ban on big crowd gatherings because it's a "complex" and "unique" situation.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
jason1637 said:

Over 100 new cases in NY today. 43 coming from. Nyc.

Maybe I'll just stay visiting family in Florida and not go back home in NY. 

The city is so dead. Most universities are closed so a lot of people left and when i was there yesterday there was barely anyone out.

konnichiwa said:
Update: California governor Gavin Newsom just told press that Disneyland in Anaheim is exempt from the state's ban on big crowd gatherings because it's a "complex" and "unique" situation.

Aka Disneyland is Orange County's top money maker 

It might be safer to move to Wuhan now lol. At least they have plenty spare beds. Tomorrow Italy will have more active cases than there are left in all of China. In China the amount of new cases per day started to shrink from Februari 16th, after reaching 70K infected. Januari 22nd they were at 500 cases. (Data doesn't go further back) Italy crossed the 500 on Februari 27th, +25 days, peak at March 23rd :/

Business Insider: Walmart, Amazon, Target nearly sold out of toilet paper online

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Ok this is fucking sick. all the baby food is gone from the shops here atm. One person posted a pic of herself with 15 tins of baby food on facebook. I mean wtf leave some for other people and other people wont be going out to do the same thing.

I've seen people re selling hand sanitizer for $30 since they're all sold out.

jason1637 said:
zero129 said:
Ok this is fucking sick. all the baby food is gone from the shops here atm. One person posted a pic of herself with 15 tins of baby food on facebook. I mean wtf leave some for other people and other people wont be going out to do the same thing.

I've seen people re selling hand sanitizer for $30 since they're all sold out.

In the New York Post They said one store was selling hand sanitizer for $79 and that they had sold 50 at that prize

SvennoJ said:
It might be safer to move to Wuhan now lol. At least they have plenty spare beds. Tomorrow Italy will have more active cases than there are left in all of China. In China the amount of new cases per day started to shrink from Februari 16th, after reaching 70K infected. Januari 22nd they were at 500 cases. (Data doesn't go further back) Italy crossed the 500 on Februari 27th, +25 days, peak at March 23rd :/

Sadly this is likely true.
Italy did a horrible job, preventing spread.

PortisheadBiscuit said:
konnichiwa said:

Aka Disneyland is Orange County's top money maker 

^ Stuff like this is actually why I worry about how coronavirus is dealt with in the USA.

(even if currently its only like 1600 people confirmed infected there)

Nighthawk117 said:
Business Insider: Walmart, Amazon, Target nearly sold out of toilet paper online

I still don't get why people hoard toilet paper. I get that people want to have some food in their houses, just in case. But who needs vast amounts of toilet paper?

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Nighthawk117 said:

Every shopping cart in the store today had a bunch of toilet paper in it, the aisle with all the choices was already empty, there was just a pallet left with the no name stuff (running out quickly). I don't get it. A people so scared they keep shitting themselves?

I'll tell them next time, sorry for the smell but I have to wipe my ass with my hands now :)