By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

Europe getting hit so hard

Around the Network

"Utah Jazz All-Star Donovan Mitchell tests positive for coronavirus"

I ran out of work today because of corona. Every single one of my clients canceled their orders because of the virus. I wonder how long this will go on, I'm not earning any money now but I doubt my landlord or the insurances will have any understanding for that, lol. I'm also pretty certain that I will not be saved by the government, because I'm just a small time freelancer. We need all dem sweet moneyz to save Lufthansa, Volkswagen and SAP!

Welp, whatever. I'm still not panicking. There's still Hartz 4 after all! =P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

trunkswd said:
OdinHades said:

I ran out of work today because of corona. Every single one of my clients canceled their orders because of the virus. I wonder how long this will go on, I'm not earning any money now but I doubt my landlord or the insurances will have any understanding for that, lol. I'm also pretty certain that I will not be saved by the government, because I'm just a small time freelancer. We need all dem sweet moneyz to save Lufthansa, Volkswagen and SAP!

Welp, whatever. I'm still not panicking. There's still Hartz 4 after all! =P

In the US? It is about time they pass an emergency paid sick leave bill to help prevent this from spreading. 

He gave you so many clues that he's in Germany lol

trunkswd said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:
Europe getting hit so hard

I have a feeling the US is going to catch up with Europe quickly.

I think we will as well, one thing we do have going on from the few European countries I've been to is a personal bubble space.  In Spain for instance it feels like people are right next to you in public places and transportation, where in the US we tend to give a little bit of a bubble/personal space to people.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
For all the people in this thread who think they are okay cause you are young. Be safe. There is evidence of permanent lung damage, not known yet to what extent or to who but don't take the chance. Stay in, quit partying and play some good old video games instead.

It's due to inflammation and exudation of lung tissue, leading to the destruction of the stem cells that would repair local tissue and thus scarification. It's not that unusual in cases of bacterial pneumonia provoked by the flu, for instance.

In most of these infections (that applies for both influenza and this corona) the virus is even long gone from the organism but the damage provoked by secondary infections and the inflammatory response of the body itself is still ongoing.

This is why it's worse for the elderly, since their immune systems are slower and weaker and the virus has time to reach the lungs. At this point, it doesn't even to linger in there for the reasons I've mentioned.

Looks like cases outside of China will surpass cases in China soon

Over 100 new cases in NY today. 43 coming from. Nyc.

trunkswd said:
jason1637 said:

Over 100 new cases in NY today. 43 coming from. Nyc.

Maybe I'll just stay visiting family in Florida and not go back home in NY. 

3 new cases in Florida brings the total to 34. Better than NY but not Corona free

Only 6 cases here in New Hampshire! (so far).