By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

EnricoPallazzo said:
Another lockdown in UK... so what if there is no vaccine? We live in lockdown for the rest of our lives? This is getting more and more ridiculous and it is unbelievable what governments are doing and people are accepting.
I was a number 1 defender of lockdowns, closed borders, masks, bubbles and etc and I still follow 100% of it. But now it seems to me the "conspiracy theories" (or everything that is not the official media story) are making more sense than reality.
melbye said:
EnricoPallazzo said:
Another lockdown in UK... so what if there is no vaccine? We live in lockdown for the rest of our lives? This is getting more and more ridiculous and it is unbelievable what governments are doing and people are accepting.
I was a number 1 defender of lockdowns, closed borders, masks, bubbles and etc and I still follow 100% of it. But now it seems to me the "conspiracy theories" (or everything that is not the official media story) are making more sense than reality.

Certain politicians like Andrew Cuomo, Gretchen Whitmer and Gavin Newsome not to mention other places all over the world whose names i don't know finally got a chance to play out their innate authoritarian desire to gain complete control over the population. Ironically the guy everybody calls a fascist did not take the advantage when he absolutely had the chance to

Countries like South Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Japan, New Zealand and Australia got to manage the epidemic much better and were able to return to normalcy a lot better.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 01 November 2020

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
melbye said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Certain politicians like Andrew Cuomo, Gretchen Whitmer and Gavin Newsome not to mention other places all over the world whose names i don't know finally got a chance to play out their innate authoritarian desire to gain complete control over the population. Ironically the guy everybody calls a fascist did not take the advantage when he absolutely had the chance to

Please don't make me defend Cuomo but he wasn't an authoritarian as you've described. 

Another day of zero cases of community transmission of COVID-19 in all of Australia.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/coronavirus-australia-zero-community-transmission-despite-highest-global-death-tally/1648f9f6-5fdb-413c-b9e6-09685be264d8

The main threat to us now is cases from returning overseas travelers, which have to go through a mandatory hotel quarantine. A leak in this system produced the second wave we suffered from June through to October.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 November 2020

People like this are the reason we will never get rid of it
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/b-c-man-who-kept-leaving-his-home-arrested-charged-for-repeated-violations-of-quarantine-act-police-1.5176354

In a video posted to YouTube the day before Parhar's arrest, a man with the same name spoke at an anti-mask rally in downtown Vancouver, talking about his recent trip to the United States to attend Flatoberfest, which is a conference for people who believe the Earth is flat.

In the video, Parhar says he was given a form on the plane before landing at Vancouver International Airport. "They give you a form that you gotta fill out. Now you gotta quarantine," he says."They call it 'quarantine,' it's not really quarantine, it's self-imprisonment … put yourself in a jail and stay there. Don't interact with your friends, family, whatever. Stay inside and don't have a life."

Parhar also says in the video that police came to his house multiple times after he returned to Canada and on one occasion he wasn't home, so he got a ticket. "I go home … I live my life, because I'm not going to put myself in a prison, because I'm a free man with God-given rights," he says. Police say Parhar has been charged with three counts of contravening a section of the Quarantine Act. He's currently still in custody.

We should have mandatory hotel quarantine as well, but this is it for us
Starting later this month, international travellers whose final destination is in Canada will be required to submit details about their quarantine plan and contact information electronically through the ArriveCAN app before boarding a flight into the country.

While the border is officially closed, you can't stop nutcases from leaving and you can't deny citizens re-entry either. Heck, you just need to own some property here to get a free pass into the country or say you're traveling on to Alaska.

SvennoJ said:

People like this are the reason we will never get rid of it
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/b-c-man-who-kept-leaving-his-home-arrested-charged-for-repeated-violations-of-quarantine-act-police-1.5176354

In a video posted to YouTube the day before Parhar's arrest, a man with the same name spoke at an anti-mask rally in downtown Vancouver, talking about his recent trip to the United States to attend Flatoberfest, which is a conference for people who believe the Earth is flat.

In the video, Parhar says he was given a form on the plane before landing at Vancouver International Airport. "They give you a form that you gotta fill out. Now you gotta quarantine," he says."They call it 'quarantine,' it's not really quarantine, it's self-imprisonment … put yourself in a jail and stay there. Don't interact with your friends, family, whatever. Stay inside and don't have a life."

Parhar also says in the video that police came to his house multiple times after he returned to Canada and on one occasion he wasn't home, so he got a ticket. "I go home … I live my life, because I'm not going to put myself in a prison, because I'm a free man with God-given rights," he says. Police say Parhar has been charged with three counts of contravening a section of the Quarantine Act. He's currently still in custody.

We should have mandatory hotel quarantine as well, but this is it for us
Starting later this month, international travellers whose final destination is in Canada will be required to submit details about their quarantine plan and contact information electronically through the ArriveCAN app before boarding a flight into the country.

While the border is officially closed, you can't stop nutcases from leaving and you can't deny citizens re-entry either. Heck, you just need to own some property here to get a free pass into the country or say you're traveling on to Alaska.

That guy likely has the IQ of a potato.
And ontop of that is egotistical...... that combination is why Covid is so hard to deal with.
(tbh the egoist, is more of a issue, than the "not to bright" part)

Alot of people out there, dont understand the concept, of putting up with small disconforts (staying isolated for abit, in self quarantine), so you arnt part of the issue. Egotist. Why should I be bothered? well because if the majority of people arnt, theres no way to avoid spread.

Around the Network

France + Italy + Belgium.... make me sad..... those infection numbers (compaired to their pop) is nuts.

US is clearly growing too, 109k.... ouch.

Per US CDC

US is trying real hard to keep their lead over Mexico in deaths per capita but it looks like it'll be in vain.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Nighthawk117 said:

Per US CDC

USA has excess mortality of over 300,000 this year.
The vast majority of that is due to Covid19.

The reported 233k is probably way lower than actual number is.

JRPGfan said:
France + Italy + Belgium.... make me sad..... those infection numbers (compaired to their pop) is nuts.

US is clearly growing too, 109k.... ouch.

It's pretty bad here in Switzerland as well. We had a good summer but it seems like people just stopped caring after that.