By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

Chicho said:
Jumpin said:

It's pretty obvious the US is lying about their numbers. You can't trust what the US says about anything. It's all political games with them.

Nobody gets their results "hours later" I know people who had to wait a week and people that waited longer than a week,i think the fastest is like 3 days.

Last week i got tested on wednesday and had my results friday so indeed that is a close enough estimate.

Around the Network

Trump actually did it...... he said he would pull out of the World health organisation, in the middle of a pandemic.... and he did.
Everyone just assumed no one could be that silly, that it would be a PR nightmare, to do so mid pandemic, but that apparnetly doesnt worry Trump.

Senator Robert Menendez confirmed this to be true, it happend yesterday.

Jumpin said:

It's pretty obvious the US is lying about their numbers. You can't trust what the US says about anything. It's all political games with them.

Ok, I'll play along.  So, you say the CDC is a bunch of liars. Ok, whatever, but in that case....Russia, India, Brazil, China, etc....etc...can suck my balls...

Because those countries are far, far beyond the USA when it comes to lying about the true effect of this fuckin' virus.

JRPGfan said:

Trump actually did it...... he said he would pull out of the World health organisation, in the middle of a pandemic.... and he did.
Everyone just assumed no one could be that silly, that it would be a PR nightmare, to do so mid pandemic, but that apparnetly doesnt worry Trump.

Senator Robert Menendez confirmed this to be true, it happend yesterday.

Good for Trump. The only one thing I can agree with him.  The WHO is nothing but a puppet for the CCP. Fuck China and fuck the WHO.

SvennoJ said:

This map shows why it would be 'terrifying' to open Canada-U.S. border

This photo shows COVID-19 cases in Canada and the United States. The data on the map above is on a more localized level in the United States, which makes it appear more red, but there are an overwhelming number of cases south of the border compared to Canada. (Source: Johns Hopkins University)

It's time for Canada to build a wall and let the USA pay for it.

Around the Network
Conina said:

It's time for Canada to build a wall and let the USA pay for it.

No problem. Here's 10 trillion. Go build that wall and shut up Canada.

Nighthawk117 said:
Jumpin said:

Ok, I'll play along.  So, you say the CDC is a bunch of liars. Ok, whatever, but in that case....Russia, India, Brazil, China, etc....etc...can suck my balls...

Because those countries are far, far beyond the USA when it comes to lying about the true effect of this fuckin' virus.

Got any examples to back that up, because there are plenty for the USA and Trump.

For example on the 4th of July

"Now we have tested almost 40 million people. By so doing, we show cases — 99% of which are totally harmlessresults that no other country can show because no other country has testing that we have. Not in terms of the numbers, or in terms of the quality," he said, once again also falsely claiming that rising cases are caused by increased testing.

There I crossed out all the lies. I'll grant him rounding 37 million up to almost 40. (It's 38 million currently)

Russia is definitely undercounting deaths, yet they explained what they're doing (only counting death by pneumonia with confirmed covid19)
Brazil or rather Bolsonaro is placing the economy over the 1000+ lives lost per day. It's not lying when you say so openly :/
India, dunno, seems they're trying.
China, who knows, but their hard handed tactics are working.

The one that's lying the hardest about the true effects of this virus seems to be Trump. How many times has he said now this virus will just sort of go away.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/19-times-trump-said-the-coronavirus-would-go-away/2020/04/30/d2593312-9593-4ec2-aff7-72c1438fca0e_video.html

Anyway, what's the point in deflecting to (a few) other countries are worse? My house is on fire! It's fine, down the street is burning worse. It seems the USA always does that. Don't mind Abu Graihb or Gitmo, Saddam Hussein did much worse!

Texas reported over 10k cases today.

+55,442 cases yesterday in the US.

Thats insane to me, yesterday we had +10 new cases in denmark.
(I know the population difference is like x50)

US should have another lockdown tbh, theres too many cases, that just good hygiene and wearing a mask, will do enough quick enough.

Deaths in the US went up to ~1,000 too (+993 yesterday).
Its now starting riseing, along with the new infections.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 08 July 2020

Warning of serious brain disorders in people with mild coronavirus symptoms:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/08/warning-of-serious-brain-disorders-in-people-with-mild-covid-symptoms?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1594185688

“We want clinicians around the world to be alert to these complications of coronavirus,” Zandi said. He urged physicians, GPs and healthcare workers with patients with cognitive symptoms, memory problems, fatigue, numbness, or weakness, to discuss the case with neurologists.

“The message is not to put that all down to the recovery, and the psychological aspects of recovery,” he said. “The brain does appear to be involved in this illness.

The full range of brain disorders caused by Covid-19 may not have been picked up yet, because many patients in hospitals are too sick to examine in brain scanners or with other procedures. “What we really need now is better research to look at what’s really going on in the brain,” Zandi said.

One concern is that the virus could leave a minority of the population with subtle brain damage that only becomes apparent in years to come. This may have happened in the wake of the 1918 flu pandemic, when up to a million people appeared to develop brain disease.

It’s a concern if some hidden epidemic could occur after Covid where you’re going to see delayed effects on the brain, because there could be subtle effects on the brain and slowly things happen over the coming years, but it’s far too early for us to judge now,” Zandi said.

You think USA is crazy now?
Give it 5-10 years, when some of these "mild" recovered Covid19 cases, start developeing mental illnesses....

Covid19 is a odd Virus...

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 08 July 2020