By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will Switch pass Wii?

When will Switch pass Wii?

Holiday 2021 31 19.38%

Early 2022 12 7.50%

Mid 2022 14 8.75%

Holiday 2022 34 21.25%

Early 2023 15 9.38%

Mid 2023 10 6.25%

Holiday 2023 15 9.38%

2024 or later 6 3.75%

Never 23 14.38%

Total:160

I believe this post was made before vgchartz had to adjust their Switch sales totals up significantly. We were all blissfully unaware of how big 2019 Christmas had been for Switch and that it had genuinely strong momentum even before the unexpectedly massive Animal Crossing launch.

Wasn’t that long after this thread came out that December 2021 and Q1 2022 started to seem a lot more possible.

Around the Network

The switch won't even outsell Gamecube.

FLOP. Can't wait to finally play an M-rated Zelda with real graphics on PS5 when Nintendo goes 3rd party! Breath of the Wild? Lulz wait for Zelda Breath of War!

For real tho insane this is could to put PS4 in 4th place in best selling home consoles before 2022 is done. Love it.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I think the most staggering fact for me was that Breath of the Wild sold a million copies on Wii U in 2017.
Simply astonishing feat.

I guess 2022 will be the last year where we see Switch dominance, but it’s been fun seeing Nintendo popular amongst the people and have hits in an era where they’re competing with big budget cinematic games rendering far above 1080P.

I’ll enjoy it while it lasts as I watch the Playstation resurgence and get to enjoy those fans playing their own mega hits on a console with its own shot of breaking the 100 million mark. Four Nintendo consoles and four Playstation consoles hitting that milestone has a nice even tone to it.

The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood warning for Nintendoland. When the Switch hits The Wall next week and completely collapses, the tears of Nintendo fans will flow like the rains in the Great Flood.

Buy stock in Kimberly-Clark now, cause Kleenex will be the top seller in the next VGChartz update.

Sorry, Switch fans. I just don’t want you to be too disappointed next week. 

I just voted 2024 or later, because, you know, teh cliff.
Actually it will tie with Wii in 2024, then a last unit will gather dust on a shelf in an Indian shop for another seven years, until Mother Teresa, moved by compassion, will come back from death to buy it. Three months of intense Jesus vs Mario playing later, joy-con drift will start and she'll die again in a hissy fit.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Radek said:
S.Peelman said:

I said early 2023 lol.

Same, how embarassing

Must’ve just misread and mistakenly clicked the wrong thing. Yeah that’s it!

SKMBlake said:

Voted 2024, didn't expect it to sell 53 million in 2 years

Wow you mistakenly clicked the wrong thing even more so than I did!

Holiday 2021, just like I said lol.

SanAndreasX said:

The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood warning for Nintendoland. When the Switch hits The Wall next week and completely collapses, the tears of Nintendo fans will flow like the rains in the Great Flood.

Buy stock in Kimberly-Clark now, cause Kleenex will be the top seller in the next VGChartz update.

Sorry, Switch fans. I just don’t want you to be too disappointed next week. 

All we heard was Nintendoland and disappeared into a haze of chemical induced nostalgia stupor.