Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did Breath of the Wild live up to the hype for you?

I think it's a great game but some things could be improved.

The dungeons could be better. I personally found the shrines to be boring as they all have the same aesthetic look.

the way weapon durability works could be changed. maybe have them break less often and make them repairable. This system made finding rare cool weapons trivial. (I wish the game would just automatically switch to the next available weapon when one weapon breaks instead of having to open a menu) .

I would also like a more engaging story. I just didn't care about any of the characters or about any events that happened. maybe because eveything pretty much happens in the past instead of the present and you're just experiencing everything from "memories". I just wasn't a fan of this kind of storytelling personally.

The game is fun for the most part and is a favorite of mine but the sequel can improve a lot.



Around the Network

Yes, even surpassed my own expectations and became my favorite game ever.
Have already finished 6 times (only one with the 100%) and ready to start for the 7th time. A classic to me.



Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile


Completely !

The game managed to make me do something I never did before. Touch a 3D Zelda game,lol

Wasn't a fan of the formula these games were into. 2D Zelda were better by default having a similar philosophy.

Also, the cast, the verticality, breathtaking environment shots, the traversal on the glider, it's combat. A lot of it made for such a cohesive experience I never had in a game before.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

It greatly exceeded my expectations but then again I think I had my hype level in check, mainly because of concerns regarding the open-world route and the durability system. But I ended up actually enjoying the weapon system and the world was so much better than I ever could've imagined. I loved the game from start to finish and despite doing a 100% run I just wanted to jump right back into it and experience it again.



Wasn't hyped for it, but I liked it a lot.



Around the Network

Shit reading through this thread is making me want to buy it, and a Switch.

I have been a Nintendo gamer my whole life, and the Switch is the only Nintendo console I don't own because of my responsibilities as an adult. It has been hard to hear all of you and so many people enjoy this super experience with Zelda, my favorite series, after I decided to quit console gaming.

I played almost all the zelda games except The Wand of Gamelon, loyal to the bone on this series. I played TP and Skyward Sword for many many hours even when I was very busy with life. I've listened to the BOTW soundtrack many times while working, and I feel like I played the game somehow, but reading this thread I see that there are many surprises to enjoy, like it was with OoT. The magic of the game, all the secrets, that's what Zelda is all about.

It's a secret to... everybody. Even to me!



Slownenberg said:
HoloDust said:

No, when they first shown tidbits of it, I was really excited about potential avenues they could take and improve on usual 3D Zelda formula.

Sadly in the end, for me at least, it felt like a descent prototype for something that potentially could be much, much better in some future iteration, but ultimately, in current state, fails on so many accounts.

What accounts did it fail on so badly that you view it as only a decent prototype?

Not so badly, just too many of them. I have to be honest, I really don't have time or desire to get into another endless back and forth about what BotW lacks and does wrong, quit frankly I'm surprised usual suspect(s) didn't jumped in already to defend the game...



HoloDust said:

Not so badly, just too many of them. I have to be honest, I really don't have time or desire to get into another endless back and forth about what BotW lacks and does wrong, quit frankly I'm surprised usual suspect(s) didn't jumped in already to defend the game...

Because people know that the game is great so they don't need to prove anything to you.



padib said:
HoloDust said:

Not so badly, just too many of them. I have to be honest, I really don't have time or desire to get into another endless back and forth about what BotW lacks and does wrong, quit frankly I'm surprised usual suspect(s) didn't jumped in already to defend the game...

Because people know that the game is great so they don't need to prove anything to you.

Cool



padib said:
Shit reading through this thread is making me want to buy it, and a Switch.

I have been a Nintendo gamer my whole life, and the Switch is the only Nintendo console I don't own because of my responsibilities as an adult. It has been hard to hear all of you and so many people enjoy this super experience with Zelda, my favorite series, after I decided to quit console gaming.

I played almost all the zelda games except The Wand of Gamelon, loyal to the bone on this series. I played TP and Skyward Sword for many many hours even when I was very busy with life. I've listened to the BOTW soundtrack many times while working, and I feel like I played the game somehow, but reading this thread I see that there are many surprises to enjoy, like it was with OoT. The magic of the game, all the secrets, that's what Zelda is all about.

It's a secret to... everybody. Even to me!

Please do.  While Breath of the Wild is a huge game that you will sink hundreds of hours into, it's really easy to pick up for an hour, get a lot done, and then come back to the next day or whenever you want.  The open world nature means that whatever exploration you're doing is always a positive, and the shrines make for quick, bite-sized gaming sessions that you can do when you get a moment or on breaks at work.

It truly will be the benchmark to come for many games (even though it does borrow heavily from a few well known titles). I said it then and I'll say it again...Zelda is worth the price of the Switch and the game, as every system seller should be.  I appreciate your commitment to your resposibilities, but it's time to reward yourself for all that hard work.