By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Lol at those comments in the Gamepass article on the front page, Imagine being so salty because a company you don’t like is extremely pro consumer. Gamepass is the future wether they like it or not, funny how random people on the internet think they know better than one of the richest companies in the world that is willing to invest Billons of dollars on their service.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

So, the past few years Xbox has revived quite a few IPs such as Age of Empires, Flight Simulator, Fable and Perfect Dark, Phil was serious when he said he delved into their Xbox IP portfolio to see what IPs they can revive.

I'm happy, there's quite a few great Xbox IPs which Xbox have killed off simply for not being Halo, now with Game Pass the sales don't matter as much, it makes me more optimistic for other IPs.

So, two questions, what IP do you think will be revived next and what IP do you personally want to be revived next?

I always thought Kameo was a decent launch title back on the 360. Wouldn't mind seeing that get rebooted. 

NobleTeam360 said:
Ryuu96 said:

So, the past few years Xbox has revived quite a few IPs such as Age of Empires, Flight Simulator, Fable and Perfect Dark, Phil was serious when he said he delved into their Xbox IP portfolio to see what IPs they can revive.

I'm happy, there's quite a few great Xbox IPs which Xbox have killed off simply for not being Halo, now with Game Pass the sales don't matter as much, it makes me more optimistic for other IPs.

So, two questions, what IP do you think will be revived next and what IP do you personally want to be revived next?

I always thought Kameo was a decent launch title back on the 360. Wouldn't mind seeing that get rebooted. 

Rebooting the game using the concept of the cancelled Kameo 2 would be awesome.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qab3utIOdsA

EspadaGrim said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Rebooting the game using the concept of the cancelled Kameo 2 would be awesome.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qab3utIOdsA

Wow, that actually looks really good. Now I hope they do it even more.

I believe that MS should invest in a Remake studio on the level of Blue Point to do some of these remakes. If they can get the right talent and output at the same level it would do great to bring people back to the console or gamepass or both.

Around the Network

Has anyone tried out xCloud on GamePass (or whatever it's now called) yet? I recently gave it a shot on my phone and it was....not good. Even in the same room as my wifi hotspot that consistently gives 80+ Mbps throughput, I was getting the low network icon a number of times which resulted in stuttering gameplay and pixelated graphics, playing Dead Cells and Subnautica. I've also tried Stadia (Immortals Fenyx Rising) and that actually was quite smooth, albeit on a hard-wired Ethernet connection, and was hopeful that xCloud would be a similar experience.

Anyone else have a better experience than me with xCloud? It would be a nice option when my kids are using the XBox, if it worked better.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

kenjab said:

Has anyone tried out xCloud on GamePass (or whatever it's now called) yet? I recently gave it a shot on my phone and it was....not good. Even in the same room as my wifi hotspot that consistently gives 80+ Mbps throughput, I was getting the low network icon a number of times which resulted in stuttering gameplay and pixelated graphics, playing Dead Cells and Subnautica. I've also tried Stadia (Immortals Fenyx Rising) and that actually was quite smooth, albeit on a hard-wired Ethernet connection, and was hopeful that xCloud would be a similar experience.

Anyone else have a better experience than me with xCloud? It would be a nice option when my kids are using the XBox, if it worked better.

Tried on my phone and it worked for the most part. Played on a small tablet and it couldn’t keep up. Makes me wonder if screen size exponentially makes it harder to render 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

kenjab said:

You'll very likely need a new phone.

I tried it with my 2018 middle class phone and my experience was the same as yours. Actually it was semi fine working until I connected my Xbox controller via Bluetooth. At that point the connection was incredibly bad to no connection at all.
Tried again using my wife's Galaxy S8 and it worked flawlessly. Same wifi network, same location in my flat.

She recently got a Galaxy S20 FE and it works flawless with that device as well. Tried it again with my phone, same result as before - awful.

About Gears 5 hivebusters DLC. If you have Ultimate gamepass it is free but it will not show up as free in the store. What you have to is update the game, and just launch the game and it will auto install the DLC. I know some will be confused and possible buy the DLC.

Ryuu96 said:

Updated the Game Pass app earlier today and one of the new features was EA Play.

Couldn't find a way to access them and tried it several more times this day. Guess this is why nothing shows up.