By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

There's a new GTA V update, 6.66GB in size.

GTA VI confirmed? (or rather GTA V being the devil's work confirmed?)

Around the Network
Barozi said:

You missed the new island online (DLC) announcement?

konnichiwa said:
Barozi said:

I read the change log before posting this, hoping they would secretly drop the next gen update.

It was meant as a joke. Also I don't care about the online mode at all.

Last edited by Barozi - on 15 December 2020

Pemalite said:
Ryuu96 said:

So, the past few years Xbox has revived quite a few IPs such as Age of Empires, Flight Simulator, Fable and Perfect Dark, Phil was serious when he said he delved into their Xbox IP portfolio to see what IPs they can revive.

I'm happy, there's quite a few great Xbox IPs which Xbox have killed off simply for not being Halo, now with Game Pass the sales don't matter as much, it makes me more optimistic for other IPs.

So, two questions, what IP do you think will be revived next and what IP do you personally want to be revived next?

Revivals so far:
* Mechwarrior.
* Perfect Dark.
* Fable.
* Age of Empires.
* Flight Simulator.

Battletoads too.

Barozi said:
konnichiwa said:

I read the change log before posting this, hoping they would secretly drop the next gen update.

It was meant as a joke. Also I don't care about the online mode at all.

I got the joke, just met someone who didn't knew their was online dlc coming =p.

Anyway finished Hivebusters DLC really enjoyed it :).

Around the Network
kenjab said:

Has anyone tried out xCloud on GamePass (or whatever it's now called) yet? I recently gave it a shot on my phone and it was....not good. Even in the same room as my wifi hotspot that consistently gives 80+ Mbps throughput, I was getting the low network icon a number of times which resulted in stuttering gameplay and pixelated graphics, playing Dead Cells and Subnautica. I've also tried Stadia (Immortals Fenyx Rising) and that actually was quite smooth, albeit on a hard-wired Ethernet connection, and was hopeful that xCloud would be a similar experience.

Anyone else have a better experience than me with xCloud? It would be a nice option when my kids are using the XBox, if it worked better.

You need to make sure you use a 5Ghz wifi connection. If you use 2.4Ghz, it doesn't work well.

I've played several games on it recently, both on a phone and a tablet, and it worked very smoothly with 5Ghz wifi. Very little latency too. I finished a whole level of sniper elite 4 and ir felt very similar to playing on an Xbox. 

Ryuu96 said:

Microsoft and Warner Bros. have more exciting news to share in the coming months ahead of the official release of Space Jam: A New Legacy movie and video game in 2021.

-

Hmm, I wonder if Microsoft is still in talks to acquire WBIE. AT&T's financial issues haven't suddenly vanished, in fact they're getting worse, if I were Microsoft I would at least negotiate day one Game Pass releases for WBIE's upcoming games.

Yep, if they were willing to part with Crunchyroll then I still think they may be open to selling their gaming division. Only time will tell though. 

shikamaru317 said:
Machiavellian said:

I just finished Control and I absolutely did not even come close to thinking of Jesse Faden when watching the PF reveal trailer.  Since PF is first person, it would seem moot to compare a TPS character to a FPS game and say they are the same.  Most reveal trailers do not really show anything they just tease something.  You never expect to much of anything besides something is getting made and it will be within a particular setting.  Until we see some actual gameplay is when people get a little more hyped about the project.  

As a side note, after playing Control, I can say that its not a bad comparison if the game is around that type of gameplay.  I enjoyed the game a lot and probably one of my favorite games where you have a list of powers and ability.  The story wasn't bad at all and probably one of the few I actually took the time to read all those stupid case files. 

I think it's mainly the outfit. The whole jeans and jacket number, combined with the red hair:

The main difference is that Jesse's hair is longer. I love Jesse, great character, but I would rather Joanna look more like one of her previous 2 incarnations, not the exact same, but something similar:

Maybe don't give her an obvious spy suit the whole game, she will need a less obvious disguise for at least part of the game, so maybe that is just what the concept art shows, one of her undercover disguises, but I do hope she is in a spy suit at least part of the game.

Do any of you remember the concept art for a bunch of weird characters that showed up a few years back? It featured a girl with the same hair as Zero Joanna, but with a pink zip up jacket and black jeans with combat boots. That one looked amazing. 

OTOH, maybe MS could snap Remedy up and make Jesse into Joanna's cousin. 

EspadaGrim said:
NobleTeam360 said:

I always thought Kameo was a decent launch title back on the 360. Wouldn't mind seeing that get rebooted. 

Rebooting the game using the concept of the cancelled Kameo 2 would be awesome.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qab3utIOdsA

Looks like something Square Enix would cook. 

Fund it. 

dx11332sega said:

I really loved kameo 2 artstyle hope to see it in future and a darker kameo is welcome :)

A reboot with that aesthetic would be nice. It could, with a good battle system, make up for some of the lack in JP dev muscle. 

dx11332sega said:

I don't know why but Blast corps corps is a sleeper hit , They scored a 90 on metacritic an Ip from rare that needs love me think?

Barozi said:
kenjab said:

Has anyone tried out xCloud on GamePass (or whatever it's now called) yet? I recently gave it a shot on my phone and it was....not good. Even in the same room as my wifi hotspot that consistently gives 80+ Mbps throughput, I was getting the low network icon a number of times which resulted in stuttering gameplay and pixelated graphics, playing Dead Cells and Subnautica. I've also tried Stadia (Immortals Fenyx Rising) and that actually was quite smooth, albeit on a hard-wired Ethernet connection, and was hopeful that xCloud would be a similar experience.

Anyone else have a better experience than me with xCloud? It would be a nice option when my kids are using the XBox, if it worked better.

You'll very likely need a new phone.

I tried it with my 2018 middle class phone and my experience was the same as yours. Actually it was semi fine working until I connected my Xbox controller via Bluetooth. At that point the connection was incredibly bad to no connection at all.
Tried again using my wife's Galaxy S8 and it worked flawlessly. Same wifi network, same location in my flat.

She recently got a Galaxy S20 FE and it works flawless with that device as well. Tried it again with my phone, same result as before - awful.

It is a phone issue. Tried it on a Mate 20 and it was slow as Molasses. Moved over to the P40 Pro and it ran just fine. 

I can't stop playing cyberpunk 2077.

The secondary/side missions are great. Barely made a dint in the main story...

ironmanDX said:

I can't stop playing cyberpunk 2077.

The secondary/side missions are great. Barely made a dint in the main story...

Same here :) 90 hours in and I just love the game so much...

This is the best RPG that came out for a while and by far imo.