By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
konnichiwa said:
shikamaru317 said:

Ah, so I wasn't the last one waiting. I feel for you man. 

Yup, I was number 11th who pre ordered, number 8 who ordered the X version.  The first shipment existed out of 6 series X/S consoles.....So yeah second shipment should be me. Oh well with Xone we had to wait to 10 months..

So, Xbox One only was released in Belgium in second half 2014? That's really weird. Didn't know that Xbox One launch was so badly mismanaged to even have such a big delay in Western European countries.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

So, Xbox One only was released in Belgium in second half 2014? That's really weird. Didn't know that Xbox One launch was so badly mismanaged to even have such a big delay in Western European countries.

Not just Europe, was super late in alot of countries:

• September 2 - Chile and Colombia
  • September 4 - Japan
  • September 5 - Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates
  • September 15 - Israel
  • September 23 - Hong Kong, India, Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan, China
  • September 26 - Russia

Released 10 months after the 13 tier one countries in the above markets. What is even more shocking is that MS didn't add any other countries after those 28 markets in 2014. The 13 tier one markets plus these 28 tier 2 markets add up to 41 markets. Xbox Series just launched in 40 of the 41 (only China missing). Pretty sad that MS went the last 6 years without adding any more markets for Xbox. Sony is launching PS5 in 70+ markets I believe, compared to 40 for Xbox Series.

The September 5 countries are really a surprise to me. Didn't know they missed such important markets for so long. Now it's clear though why they are doing this bad in Europe.

On the positive side, at least here in Russia, Xbox One already had an SKU without Kinect at launch.

As for new markets, I know for sure about at least one more country being added soon. Probably next year. And not only Xbox, but Microsoft as a whole.

shikamaru317 said:

What country is that? I've heard rumors of Malaysia being added next year, apparently MS sent Xbox Series review units to some Malaysian journalists, which some believe to be a precursor to an official launch there in 2021.

They have alot of catching up to do with Sony in terms of markets. Here are the markets where PS4 is available officially and Xbox isn't, all of which I believe PS5 is launching in at some point in the near future, if it hasn't already released in them:

• Asia- Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, and Vietnam
  • Latin America- Peru, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Hoduras, Guatemala, Paraguay, Panama, Uraguay
  • Europe- Malta, Luxembourg, Iceland, Croatia, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Bulgaria
  • Middle East- Lebanon, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Cyprus, Kuwait

Neither MS nor Sony has made an official push into Africa yet, with the exception of both of them releasing in South Africa.

Ukraine. MS Store actually already launched there.

trunkswd said:
shikamaru317 said:

What country is that? I've heard rumors of Malaysia being added next year, apparently MS sent Xbox Series review units to some Malaysian journalists, which some believe to be a precursor to an official launch there in 2021.

They have alot of catching up to do with Sony in terms of markets. Here are the markets where PS4 is available officially and Xbox isn't, all of which I believe PS5 is launching in at some point in the near future, if it hasn't already released in them:

• Latin America- Peru, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Hoduras, Guatemala, Paraguay, Panama, Uraguay
  • Europe- Malta, Luxembourg, Iceland, Croatia, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Bulgaria

Neither MS nor Sony has made an official push into Africa yet, with the exception of both of them releasing in South Africa.

With how popular Xbox is in Mexico I am surprised Series X|S isn't out in more Latin American countries.

Yeah, I've been in Ecuador last year. You can only find PS4 and Switch there at the biggest electronic retailer. Maybe there is a possibility to find Xbox somewhere but it will definitely take some effort.

shikamaru317 said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

The September 5 countries are really a surprise to me. Didn't know they missed such important markets for so long. Now it's clear though why they are doing this bad in Europe.

On the positive side, at least here in Russia, Xbox One already had an SKU without Kinect at launch.

As for new markets, I know for sure about at least one more country being added soon. Probably next year. And not only Xbox, but Microsoft as a whole.

The Xbox One actually outsold the PS4 in south America this gen iirc so its so weird that MS didn't launch in those markets. 

jason1637 said:
shikamaru317 said:

The Xbox One actually outsold the PS4 in south America this gen iirc so its so weird that MS didn't launch in those markets. 

Got a link? Cause if Xbox One can do it, Series S/x should have no problem and only widen the lead 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Wow looks like we actually got the better Dontnod game with Tell Me Why.

Twin Mirror sits at a 67 after 30 reviews (PC version).

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/twin-mirror

sales2099 said:
jason1637 said:

Got a link? Cause if Xbox One can do it, Series S/x should have no problem and only widen the lead 

Doesn't seem live we've had an update in awhile nut as of the end of 2015 the XBO and PS5 sold 600k in Latin America and Xbox had 3/4ths of the sales.

https://www.latinpost.com/articles/85429/20151008/ps4-vs-xbox-one-sony-drops-price-as-xbox-one-dominates-latin-america.htm

Edit: Article also says the 360 had an 85% marketshare.  Since MS makes some consoles in the region their consoles are are exempt to import fees

shikamaru317 said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

• Europe- Malta, Luxembourg, Iceland, Croatia, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Ukraine

I always thought Central America should be merged with Xbox Mexico and Costa Rica, Ecuador and Panama with Xbox Colombia. The markets are not big enough on their own and the offices of those countries have enough infrastructure to oversee at least regional launches. 

Also, missing the Philippines, Indonesia and Ukraine... no wonder it fares horribly in Asia and Europe. 

If I was then, I'd also start preparing a Nigerian launch. 

jason1637 said:
sales2099 said:

Doesn't seem live we've had an update in awhile nut as of the end of 2015 the XBO and PS5 sold 600k in Latin America and Xbox had 3/4ths of the sales.

https://www.latinpost.com/articles/85429/20151008/ps4-vs-xbox-one-sony-drops-price-as-xbox-one-dominates-latin-america.htm

Edit: Article also says the 360 had an 85% marketshare.  Since MS makes some consoles in the region their consoles are are exempt to import fees

Colombia and Argentina are religiously pro Xbox. When I arrived and met my new friends and staff, they all asked for my GT. In Spain I was lucky to find someone who had a GT and not a PS console. 

AsGryffynn said:
jason1637 said:

Colombia and Argentina are religiously pro Xbox. When I arrived and met my new friends and staff, they all asked for my GT. In Spain I was lucky to find someone who had a GT and not a PS console. 

Interesting. So even though Xbox isn’t officially available in certain countries in South America, seems whoever wants one can get it shipped from a country that does sell them. Also their production in the region allows for cheaper prices. Very nice.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.