By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Great month for Game Pass.

Btw. the PS2 emulator PCSX2 can now been used on Series S and Series X. It's a very early build but some games (ICO, Silent Hill 2, Timesplitters 2 and God of War) already run great.

Around the Network

I will definitely be checking out Control. I'm guessing they're talking about dragon quest 11 PC because that has been on game pass since i got my series x. tho I already own it on my switch and have no desire to replay it

When are games usually available to pre-load on Xbox? Also, anyone have a good idea when the review embargo lifts for Cyberpunk 2077?

shikamaru317 said:
Shaunodon said:

When are games usually available to pre-load on Xbox? Also, anyone have a good idea when the review embargo lifts for Cyberpunk 2077?

Not sure when you will be able to preload Cyberpunk, should be soon though. Review embargo drops December 7th at Noon EST from what I've heard, 3 days before release.

Cheers. Now that we're finally entering the one-week period free from any fears of more delays, I've unpacked my World of Cyberpunk book to get my body Ready. We're almost there fellas.

Shaunodon said:

Its usually 2 days before launch.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

Does Control have a next gen version?

Yes, but it is not the one that is on Gamepass. The publisher, 505, decided to be dicks and limit the next-gen upgrade to the Control Ultimate Edition, screwing over everybody that bought the base game. They got slammed on social media for the decision, but never caved in and walked it back sadly. 

Damn that sucks. Would have played it sooner of it had the upgrades. Guess I'll try to get to it early next year.

Good Month for Gamepass, interested in 4.

Doom Eternal just got a patch and it improves resolution for Series X and S:

"Updates and Improvements for Xbox

Xbox Series X - Increased default backwards compatibility mode resolution to 4k at 60 HZ (with dynamic resolution scaling)
Xbox Series S - Increased default backwards compatibility mode resolution to 1080p at 60 HZ (with dynamic resolution scaling)"

It's still an X1 title though.
Last edited by Barozi - on 01 December 2020

Barozi said:

Doom Eternal just got a patch and it improves resolution for Series X and S:

"Updates and Improvements for Xbox

Xbox Series X - Increased default backwards compatibility mode resolution to 4k at 60 HZ (with dynamic resolution scaling)
Xbox Series S - Increased default backwards compatibility mode resolution to 1080p at 60 HZ (with dynamic resolution scaling)"

It's still an X1 title though.

The power of Smart Delivery. Rocket league did a framerate bump on the Series consoles but apparently its still the X1 version. 

DF just posted their Boderlands 3 next-gen comp:

Seems like one of the better upgrades so far for all 3 systems. Near-locked 4k/60 on PS5 and Series X, even more stable 60fps on Series S with dynamic-res upto 1400p and generally holds close to that. Shadows and foliage density slightly better on PS5. 120fps modes for PS5 and Series X (not S), which hold pretty close to the target especially on Series X, and even better with VRR support for Series X.

Also a free upgrade for any current owners.