By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - The Biggest Launch in Xbox History

Post Your Series X Impressions: Has It Matched Your Expectations?

Exceeded Them 11 32.35%

Matched Them 13 38.24%

Below Them 10 29.41%

Total:34

Best Moment/Sequence in a Video Game was a new category I added this year as a test. I was afraid that we wouldn't be able to get a consensus for a winner on that one since there are so many sequences in so many different games, but we actually had 3 different people vote for The Ashtray Maze in Control. Sadly, we couldn't come up with a consensus for the runner up and ended up with a 4 way tie. I will attempt the category again in the 2020 awards and see what happens, hopefully Xbox Empire grows over the year as we move into a new generation and we manage to get enough votes for less ties than this year, because we ended up with quite a few ties this year.

Here is the Ashtray Maze from Control for those who haven't seen it:

Awesome metal song by The Old Gods of Asgard (a fictional persona for real life metal band Poets of the Fall, The Old Gods of Asgard appear in Remedy's connected universe, with soundtrack songs in Alan Wake and Control and posters and t-shirts in Quantum Break), combined with really trippy level design and lots of shooting. What's not to love?

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

@Poll

1. Halo Infinite
  2. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  3. Hellblade II
  4. Gears Tactics
  5. Wasteland 3
  6. Everwild
  7. Minecraft Dungeons
  8. Grounded
  9. Psychonauts 2
  10. Age of Empires IV
  11. Flight Simulator
  12. Tell Me Why
  13. Bleeding Edge
  14. Battletoads

I'm ignoring remasters.

1. Halo Infinite
  3. Age of Empire 4
  4. Everwild
  5. Forza Motorsport 8
  6. Flight Simulator
  7. Tell Me Why
  8. Hellblade 2
  9. Psychonauts 2
  10. Bleeding Edge
  11. Grounded
  12. Wasteland 3
  13. Battletoads
  14. Gears Tactics
  15. Minecraft Dungeons

I will most likely at least try everything from 1 to 11 on my list through Gamepass. Not much interest in 12-15. I'd feel lost coming into Wastleland on the 3rd entry in the series, and I would never have the time to go back and play the first 2. Battletoads seems kind of meh, there are other upcoming/recent brawlers I would rather play like Streets of Rage 4 and River City Girls. Never had much interest in Gears, just doesn't do it for me. I hate Minecraft's blocky art style, and I'm not a big fan of isometric dungeon crawler RPG's, so this is a terrible combination for me personally. If I were to play a dungeon crawler, it would surely be Diablo 4, not Minecraft Dungeons. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 01 January 2020

1. Halo Infinite
  2. Ori and the Will of the Wips
  3. Wasteland 3
  4. Forza Motorsport 8
  5. Hellblade 2
  6. Gears Tactics
  7. Age of Empire 4
  8. Everwild
  9. Pyschonauts 2
  10. Bleeding Edge
  11. Flight Simulator
  12. Tell Me Why
  13. Minecraft Dungeons
  14. Battletoads
  15. Grounded

The Outer Worlds deserves it, I was actually unsure about turning it into a franchise prior to release but now I'm fully onboard with the idea, I also can't wait for their AAA-Skyrim-like project. Good winners for upcoming Multipat & Exclusive as well.

Awesome thread! Thanks to Ryuu for this thread and to Shika for hosting the last one!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Best Moment/Sequence in a Video Game was a new category I added this year as a test. I was afraid that we wouldn't be able to get a consensus for a winner on that one since there are so many sequences in so many different games, but we actually had 3 different people vote for The Ashtray Maze in Control. Sadly, we couldn't come up with a consensus for the runner up and ended up with a 4 way tie. I will attempt the category again in the 2020 awards and see what happens, hopefully Xbox Empire grows over the year as we move into a new generation and we manage to get enough votes for less ties than this year, because we ended up with quite a few ties this year.

Here is the Ashtray Maze from Control for those who haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGtuQRohHds

Awesome metal song by The Old Gods of Asgard (a fictional persona for real life metal band Poets of the Fall, The Old Gods of Asgard appear in Remedy's connected universe, with soundtrack songs in Alan Wake and Control and posters and t-shirts in Quantum Break), combined with really trippy level design and lots of shooting. What's not to love?

I like the idea if it gets votes, unfortunately nothing came to my mind this year, tbf regarding the ties as well I feel like people didn't play many 2019 titles this year so the options are smaller, 2020 is pretty stacked.

That Ashtray Maze sequence looks awesome though.

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

@Poll

1. Halo Infinite
  3. Hellblade II
  4. Gears Tactics
  5. Wasteland 3
  6. Everwild
  7. Minecraft Dungeons
  8. Grounded
  9. Psychonauts 2
  10. Age of Empires IV
  11. Flight Simulator
  12. Tell Me Why
  13. Bleeding Edge
  14. Battletoads

I'm ignoring remasters.

1. Halo Infinite
  3. Age of Empire 4
  4. Everwild
  5. Forza Motorsport 8
  6. Flight Simulator
  7. Tell Me Why
  8. Hellblade 2
  9. Psychonauts 2
  10. Bleeding Edge
  11. Grounded
  12. Wasteland 3
  13. Battletoads
  14. Gears Tactics
  15. Minecraft Dungeons

I will most likely at least try everything from 1 to 11 on my list through Gamepass. Not much interest in 12-15. I'd feel lost coming into Wastleland on the 3rd entry in the series, and I would never have the time to go back and play the first 2. Battletoads seems kind of meh, there are other upcoming/recent brawlers I would rather play like Streets of Rage 4 and River City Girls. Never had much interest in Gears, just doesn't do it for me. I hate Minecraft's blocky art style, and I'm not a big fan of isometric dungeon crawler RPG's, so this is a terrible combination for me personally. If I were to play a dungeon crawler, it would surely be Diablo 4, not Minecraft Dungeons. 

Heh, I guess technically Forza Motorsport 8 (Next?) is announced, I forgot. Though it would have been near the bottom of my list anyway, my list would break down in percentages of playing likelihood something like...

100%: Halo Infinite, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Hellblade II, Gears Tactics.

80%: Wasteland 3, Everwild, Minecraft Dungeons, Grounded.

50%: Psychonauts 2.

30%: Age of Empires IV, Flight Simulator, Tell Me Why.

10%: Bleeding Edge, Battletoads.

Happy New Year! Heres to a great and exciting year for Xbox Fans

So i have been re watching Double Fine's vid about joining Xbox and one thing stood out to me that Tim said that they currently have 3 projects planned after Psychonauts 2? Timestamp 1:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR9yKz2C3dY

Forza Horizon 5 in Japan or Hong Kong is what I would be really excited about.

EspadaGrim said:

So i have been re watching Double Fine's vid about joining Xbox and one thing stood out to me that Tim said that they currently have 3 projects planned after Psychonauts 2? Timestamp 1:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR9yKz2C3dY

Nice, I kinda have a feeling Psychonauts 2 is going to get pushed into the late half of the year though so Idk when we'll see these next projects but I love all the multi-teams going on.

Radek said:
Forza Horizon 5 in Japan or Hong Kong is what I would be really excited about.

Hong Kong would certainly be interesting...I think Japan will happen soon, they've done North America, Europe, Australia. Asia or South America seem like the next logical requested destinations.