By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Snoopy said:
sales2099 said:
I understand and accept the Halo delay. Deep down I know they couldn’t possibly crunch 4 months to improve the lighting and fidelity. Now I know when it comes out it’ll be amazing. Just hope it’s not a long delay

I believe the game would've released this holiday if it weren't for the whole coronavirus situation. At least I still have Halo MCC and Halo 5 to hold me over until next year. However, the biggest game I was looking forward to exclusive wise was Crossfire x because remedy makes really good sp games imo.

Ya I’m gonna be plenty busy with console versions of Gears Tactics and Flight SIM. Also MCC with ODST. Firefight coming with online matchmaking, which wasn’t possible in the 360 version. Gonna be sinking dozens of hours into that alone 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Snoopy said:

I believe the game would've released this holiday if it weren't for the whole coronavirus situation. At least I still have Halo MCC and Halo 5 to hold me over until next year. However, the biggest game I was looking forward to exclusive wise was Crossfire x because remedy makes really good sp games imo.

Ya I’m gonna be plenty busy with console versions of Gears Tactics and Flight SIM. Also MCC with ODST. Firefight coming with online matchmaking, which wasn’t possible in the 360 version. Gonna be sinking dozens of hours into that alone 

God I suck at Halo 3, not use to projectile base shooting. Forgot about gears tactics which looks fun and I am interested in some of the games coming to xbox game pass day 1.

Pemalite said:
Perfectly happy with Infinite being delayed, especially if we the consumer get a better product out of it.
Hopefully next time they showcase the game we can see some improved lighting.

Agreed. If they can now finish and polish the game properly to where it actually looks 'next-gen', it at least increases my chances of wanting to buy XSeX next holidays or soon after.

More importantly, they now have a chance to reset expectations and make another first impression, even if they'll take some PR hits in the short term.

I don't think it'll hurt launch sales much either. They were always gonna fall behind PS5 early, but they'll still do relatively well. If they can manage to actually hype up expectations for Halo Infinite, that'll do much more to help boost Xbox Series for the rest of it's first year and going forward. Much better strategy than launching with a half-baked Halo just for the sake of having it there early.

Voted Tell Me Why.

Voted Battletoads.
3 Players coop is a big plus for me, and i am really intrigued about the quality of this game. The new trailer was very good.

Around the Network

Voted Wasteland 3. Have 0 experience in the IP but turn based strategy is one of my top genres. Feel like I’m gonna have a blast.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Torn between Battletoads and Wasteland. I just started Fallout 76 so I'll probably play Wasteland later this year. Battletoads it is then.

Four interesting games for August? But MS has nothing for 2020.

It was tough to choose between it and Battletoads, but I went Wasteland.

Wasteland 3. Easily. Flight Sim is gorgeous, but beyond that, not really my thing. The other two....meh.

Done with Devil May Cry 5. Great game that could've been so much better IMO.

Graphics are great, especially during cutscenes. Performance is also very stable.

Enemy variety wasn't that great though and there weren't really a lot of different environments.

Not the biggest fan of the combat gameplay and the controls either. Three characters that play completely different, yet use the same buttons and since you constantly swap characters after pretty much every mission, you're guaranteed to press a few wrong buttons here and there. At the same time, Dante is the only character that can properly dash and that only when set to one of his four playstyles. Everyone else just has this evasion move which can only be done to the left or right. For any other direction you will slowly jump instead.

Dante also has vastly more moves and weapons than V and Nero which makes him far more enjoyable to play.

The story is pretty simple but the way it's told is just confusing. Not only do you frequently swap characters, but the timeline does too. Sometimes you're playing part of the past, then present and then past again and some missions are set during the same exact time but from a different point of view...

It's still an enjoyable game but a bit overrated IMO. Bit better than DmC in some parts (presentation, characters) but also worse in others (combat, environments).

8.0/10