By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:

July is the new June guys, lol:

I liked it better when June was June 

Around the Network

I'm done with Shadow of War. Completed the Shadow Wars and the DLCs.
So I was looking for a new good game to play from my backlog and decided to give Doom (no not Eternal and not the very first Doom) another chance.
Only ever played the first mission and a few MP matches. I liked it but didn't really feel it at the time. On top of that the game has an incredible amount of collectables and achievements tied to it.
Second level was a much better experience and while following a guide to get the collectibles is still irritating, I had a great time. Will definitely continue to play it. Also the graphics are quite impressive thanks to the 4k patch.

https://wccftech.com/ubisoft-confirms-assassins-creed-valhalla-running-at-4k30-on-xbox-series-x/
AC Valhalla will be 4lk30 on the series X

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
https://wccftech.com/ubisoft-confirms-assassins-creed-valhalla-running-at-4k30-on-xbox-series-x/

I re-started to play Odyssey a week ago :) I'm really hyped for Valhalla and this is going to look gorgeous in my living room on Xbox One Series X and my 86'' 4K :)

Cannot wait for July and all the reveals around Xbox and Ubi! 

On the other hand, I'm def. losing faith in an Xbox One Series S (or whatever the name); I think that with the rumors that Microsoft is going to align themselves to the Play Station Five; this makes little sense. If they come out with a more powerful console at the same price, this can be enough for them to even try to lover the price even further to try to win some market share very early in the next gen.

trunkswd said:
jason1637 said:

30fps? I know it is a launch window game, but I am disappointed it isn't 4k and 60fps. 

Ya, if it's 30fps, that's honestly pretty weak on Ubi's part. I mean the One X version will probably run at 4k30. Obviously, it won't look as good as the Series X version, but still....I doubt whatever extra touches they add there are going to be impressive enough to justify not being able to hit 60fps. I mean, judging by in-engine trailer we saw, the game doesn't look THAT good. 

Granted, as long as it's stable, I don't really care too much if this type of game is 30fps, but it just seems like they should be able to do better here.

shikamaru317 said:
trunkswd said:

30fps? I know it is a launch window game, but I am disappointed it isn't 4k and 60fps. 

I don't think we're going to see that many more devs aiming for 60 fps next gen than we saw this gen honestly. Most developers will always choose better graphics over higher framerate, unless the game is a genre that needs 60 fps more than others (fighting, shooters and racing sims mainly). We have to remember that ray tracing in particular is very demanding, even top of the line PC GPU's struggle to hit 4K 60 fps with ray tracing turned on, and that is on current gen games, running ray tracing on next gen games will be even more demanding. 

FTFY.

For a cross gen title though, rather disappointing.

If there is a game that is fine in 30fps, it's AC. 60 would have been nice though.

shikamaru317 said:
trunkswd said:

I don't think we're going to see that many more devs aiming for 60 fps next gen than we saw this gen honestly. Most developers will always choose better graphics over higher framerate, unless the game is a genre that needs 60 fps more than others (fighting and shooters mainly). We have to remember that ray tracing in particular is very demanding, even top of the line PC GPU's struggle to hit 4K 60 fps with ray tracing turned on, and that is on current gen games, running ray tracing on next gen games will be even more demanding. 

I don't think Valhalla is gonna have ray tracing 

Angelus said:
trunkswd said:

Ya, if it's 30fps, that's honestly pretty weak on Ubi's part. I mean the One X version will probably run at 4k30. Obviously, it won't look as good as the Series X version, but still....I doubt whatever extra touches they add there are going to be impressive enough to justify not being able to hit 60fps. I mean, judging by in-engine trailer we saw, the game doesn't look THAT good. 

Granted, as long as it's stable, I don't really care too much if this type of game is 30fps, but it just seems like they should be able to do better here.

This. Ray Tracing is stupidly demanding.
I'll say what I said years ago... If the PC ain't doing it, neither are consoles with a lower tier of hardware.

30fps isn't that bad depending on the game though, for a platformer, fighter or racer... 60fps is a must... A slow moving open world game like Elderscrolls? 30fps is fine, developers get to make the choice in the end... But there were never any guarantees of 60fps for all games.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--