By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Imaginedvl said:
jason1637 said:
https://wccftech.com/ubisoft-confirms-assassins-creed-valhalla-running-at-4k30-on-xbox-series-x/
AC Valhalla will be 4lk30 on the series X

I re-started to play Odyssey a week ago :) I'm really hyped for Valhalla and this is going to look gorgeous in my living room on Xbox One Series X and my 86'' 4K :)

Cannot wait for July and all the reveals around Xbox and Ubi! 

On the other hand, I'm def. losing faith in an Xbox One Series S (or whatever the name); I think that with the rumors that Microsoft is going to align themselves to the Play Station Five; this makes little sense. If they come out with a more powerful console at the same price, this can be enough for them to even try to lover the price even further to try to win some market share very early in the next gen.

Can I ask what model TV you have? That sounds epic.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Imaginedvl said:

I re-started to play Odyssey a week ago :) I'm really hyped for Valhalla and this is going to look gorgeous in my living room on Xbox One Series X and my 86'' 4K :)

Cannot wait for July and all the reveals around Xbox and Ubi! 

On the other hand, I'm def. losing faith in an Xbox One Series S (or whatever the name); I think that with the rumors that Microsoft is going to align themselves to the Play Station Five; this makes little sense. If they come out with a more powerful console at the same price, this can be enough for them to even try to lover the price even further to try to win some market share very early in the next gen.

Can I ask what model TV you have? That sounds epic.

I don't know about what TV they have, I'm just confused with Xbox One Series X.

Eh, AC Valhalla looks better than Odyssey but it wasn't like a mindblowing upgrade. Honestly, if Valhalla has ray-tracing, I feel like it'll be about as relevant as the ray-tracing in Metro (aka, not much of a difference).

shikamaru317 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Eh, AC Valhalla looks better than Odyssey but it wasn't like a mindblowing upgrade. Honestly, if Valhalla has ray-tracing, I feel like it'll be about as relevant as the ray-tracing in Metro (aka, not much of a difference).

You're never going to see a mind blowing upgrade on a cross-gen game, a game has to be built from the ground up for a next-gen system to truly offer a mind blowing upgrade. I'm just glad that it's a bigger leap than we saw over Ubisoft's cross-gen games at the start of this gen like AC4 and Far Cry 4 on XB1 and PS4. Those honestly offered pretty minor graphical improvements.  

I just remembered that Ubisoft did announce ray tracing for Watch Dogs Legion, their other big cross-gen game releasing this year, so it wouldn't surprise me if AC Valhalla does have ray tracing as well. 

Yep, although, even when AC is next-gen only I still have my doubts about how good it'll look at that point (say AC Valhalla vs AC in 3-4 years). 

shikamaru317 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Yep, although, even when AC is next-gen only I still have my doubts about how good it'll look at that point (say AC Valhalla vs AC in 3-4 years). 

Well, each generation does seem to offer smaller upgrades than the last. Technological improvements seem to be slowing, and on top of that the closer you get to realism, the smaller improvements look. I think over the last 7 years we've seen barely over a 2x improvement in gaming performance on CPU's, at least on Intel CPU's. AMD has had bigger CPU gains, but that is because they were farther behind to start with. PC GPU gains over the last 7 years have been more impressive, about 4 or 5x I think. But overall improvements have been smaller than they have been in the past.

That being said, I am fairly impressed by the leaps we're seeing on Series X vs XB1/PS4. I think we're looking at like a 4X CPU improvement and probably 7x GPU improvement over PS4, even bigger compared to XB1. MS clearly went all out on Series X. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised by true next-gen graphics, at least if that Hellblade 2 trailer was any indication of what to expect. 

Oh yeah for sure, I expect 1st party games to show rather large graphical improvements from this gen (especially in regards to MS). The improvements in both the GPU and CPU are definitely significant over PS4/XB1, I just hope this upcoming gen doesn't have a huge focus on resolution. 

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:

The article mentioned that ray tracing isnt listed on the game page so it probably wont have it.

shikamaru317 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

You're never going to see a mind blowing upgrade on a cross-gen game, a game has to be built from the ground up for a next-gen system to truly offer a mind blowing upgrade. I'm just glad that it's a bigger leap than we saw over Ubisoft's cross-gen games at the start of this gen like AC4 and Far Cry 4 on XB1 and PS4. Those honestly offered pretty minor graphical improvements. 

I just remembered that Ubisoft did announce ray tracing for Watch Dogs Legion, their other big cross-gen game releasing this year, so it wouldn't surprise me if AC Valhalla does have ray tracing as well. 

Tbh the differences im those screenshots are pretty noticeable.

I was able to see solid changes between 7th and 8th crossgen games. We have yet to see how games like Valhalla will look on last gen. But if it ends up being 4k30 on the Series X and PS5 then i could see checkerboard 4K on the X and Pro and 900p on base consoles witb unsteady framerates. 

shikamaru317 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Well, each generation does seem to offer smaller upgrades than the last. Technological improvements seem to be slowing, and on top of that the closer you get to realism, the smaller improvements look. I think over the last 7 years we've seen barely over a 2x improvement in gaming performance on CPU's, at least on Intel CPU's. AMD has had bigger CPU gains, but that is because they were farther behind to start with. PC GPU gains over the last 7 years have been more impressive, about 4 or 5x I think. But overall improvements have been smaller than they have been in the past.

That being said, I am fairly impressed by the leaps we're seeing on Series X vs XB1/PS4. I think we're looking at like a 4X CPU improvement and probably 7x GPU improvement over PS4, even bigger compared to XB1. MS clearly went all out on Series X. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised by true next-gen graphics, at least if that Hellblade 2 trailer was any indication of what to expect. 

4x is a fairly low-ball when you start talking AVX instructions on the CPU side.

People often forget that Jaguar was AMD's absolutely worst CPU at a time when all of AMD's CPU's were entirely garbage.
I mean on a core-to-core basis a Ryzen 3rd gen is a good 30% faster than Ryzen 1st gen... Which in turn was roughly double that of Vishera... And Vishera absolutely stomped Jaguar.

But that is in traditional workloads, you start throwing workloads that adheres to Ryzens instruction set (And we must assume we will being a console environment...) then the differential starts to increase.

In retrospect, this is probably one of the largest CPU jumps in console gaming for a very long time, however... It's still only a mid-range CPU rather than a high-end one, but far far far better than the low-end budget crap that was Jaguar.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

shikamaru317 said:

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/05/former-respawn-entertainment-developers-establish-aaa-game-development-studio-gravity-well

Could be a good acquisition target for MS in the future. Former Respawn devs who worked on Titanfall and Apex. They are hiring AAA talent, but plan to stay AA size, less than 100 devs.

MS should try to secure their 1st project as an exclusive and go from there.

You guys think MS could acquire Asobo?

They made a Plague Tale: Innocence and are making Flight Simulator 2020.

Have also a good history making Xbox games in the past. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.