By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - Game Pass Surpasses 18m Subscribers

EspadaGrim said:

If Inxile is making Kotor the that would explain why their budget is higher than Fable and Avowed, the insider at Era also said that Inxile is going to grow massively this year.

The good news would be that Inxile is forming up to be a 2 AAA team studio which would be great, but I don’t know how I would feel having 2 MS studios working on games that would likely be multi platform (Indian Jones & Kotor) long term.

Originally I thought they'd be multiplatform but I've put some more thought into it and I've came to the conclusion that LucasArts likely doesn't give a sh*t and are more interested in just finding the right developer, I mean, why would they?

- The license is open now, it won't just be Microsoft making Star Wars titles, there's massive multiplatform publishers like EA and Ubisoft who will be making Star Wars too.

- Microsoft will be funding the majority of the development, Microsoft will be providing the studio, the team, the tech, etc.

- Disney has already done multiple exclusives like Spider-Man, Iron Man VR, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, etc.

Likely if Microsoft makes the best pitch and can offer the best team for the job, Disney will give them the license and not particularly care if it's exclusive or not, cause it isn't like they'll lose any money, very good chance they'll still make a lot of money and they'll be dozens of studios likely working on multiplatform Star Wars anyway, if they do a no-exclusive clause they're just restricting themselves (no Microsoft, no Sony, no Nintendo) and it seems Lucas and Disney have actually realised finally it's better to be open to everything.

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:

So now in the recent podcast Jez said that at least one of the two titles isn’t unannounced, so Starfield 2021? Timestamp is 27 mins in btw.

Hmm...

Grounded and As Dusk Falls weren't in the article but I doubt Jez means those two as "big" titles.

Project Mara could maybe release this year but would he count that as big? I doubt it but insiders have been known to overhype stuff at times...

The rest of the titles have no chance of releasing in 21, except...Starfield and maybe Forza Motorsport.

So those two Imo, I think Forza Motorsport could have an early release Tbh.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 January 2021

coolbeans said:
ironmanDX said:

Revan is simply too awesome not to be canon. 

I believe that the star forge is also cannon in one form or another. It's appeared in some Disney Star Wars media... Recently. Without saying too much. 

I wouldn't mind a darth bane Kotor... 

That'd conflict with one of the main pulls of the KOTOR timeline: Jedi vs. Sith.  Since there's no Rule of Two, Bioware is able to have proportional amounts of Jedi/Sith Masters duking it out.

Although, they could manage Darth Bane BEFORE he institutes that law into canon.

Yup. Playing through the rise of Bane would be pretty sweet.

Probably will be nothing!

Also, technically, Wolfenstein III has been announced, just not with a trailer, Lol, Pete Hines confirmed it's happening.

Around the Network

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense that inXile are doing the KOTOR game:

• Schreier said it was a studio nobody would guess, who would have guessed inXile?
  • Shinobi said the studio isn't a household name for the average gamer, which matches with inXile, their past RPG's have sold a few million copies at most, certainly they aren't as popular or well known as Bethesda, Bioware, CD Projekt Red, Blizzard, or even Obsidian, as far as WRPG studios go
  • inXile's first AAA project has been in the planning stage since MS acquired them in mid 2018, not long after it was first rumored that EA and Disney had a falling out over the Battlefront 2 lootbox controversy and the cancellation of Project Ragtag (Visceral's Amy Hennig Star Wars game) and it's subsequent EA Vancouver successor project. It's possible that Disney dropped the EA exclusivity at that time or shortly thereafter, and we're only just learning about it now because Ubisoft was the first to announce their Star Wars project even though inXile's has been in the works for longer
  • inXile's first AAA project seemed to enter development around the same time that the KOTOR reboot first leaked, about a year ago
  • inXile seems to have 2 AAA projects in development now, their new studio is certainly large enough to house 2 AAA teams with some support from the much smaller New Orleans studio, and job listings indicate 2 separate AAA projects
  • One AAA project seems to be a first person shooter RPG, possibly the Steampunk one that Chad Moore is rumored to be directing (as Chad has FPS experience, having previously worked at Treyarch on CoD). That project is using Unreal 5 and seems to be the one that Brian said had just entered the infancy of pre-production back in September.
  • The other AAA project is an action RPG based on job listings and seems to have the God of War (2018) Senior Combat Designer as it's Lead Combat Designer, possibly indicating 3rd person. Like the other project it is using Unreal 5. Considering it was in development longer than the 1st person project, it makes more sense that this would be the KOTOR reboot that has been rumored for a year or so, and 3rd person action-RPG also lines up much closer with KOTOR than a first person shooter RPG.
Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 24 January 2021

This is old , Tim schafer the creator of grim fandango game meta 94 on metacritic wants an open world grim fandango 2 , Tim schafer is double fine boss , He's a mastermind story teller heres an a link to him wanting grim fandango 2 but it's old https://kotaku.com/tim-schafer-dreams-of-an-open-world-grim-fandango-seque-1654750107

Here's 2 incredible storied intro games 

Yes both lucas arts but they were from behind tim schafer the brains of these story these intro were amazing and he left lucas arts and created double fine after he did phychonauts 1 as his biggest story telling project , I think it be fitting he did grim fandango 2 , also dont miss full throttle intro alot of thinking big brain intro too, Watch entire full throttle intro until youtube video ends

Last edited by dx11332sega - on 24 January 2021

I game on all consoles and PC

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber

shikamaru317 said:

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense that inXile are doing the KOTOR game:

• Schreier said it was a studio nobody would guess, who would have guessed inXile?
  • Shinobi said the studio isn't a household name for the average gamer, which matches with inXile, their past RPG's have sold a few million copies at most, certainly they aren't as popular or well known as Bethesda, Bioware, CD Projekt Red, Blizzard, or even Obsidian, as far as WRPG studios go
  • inXile's first AAA project has been in the planning stage since MS acquired them in mid 2018, not long after it was first rumored that EA and Disney had a falling out over the Battlefront 2 lootbox controversy and the cancellation of Project Ragtag (Visceral's Amy Hennig Star Wars game) and it's subsequent EA Vancouver successor project. It's possible that Disney dropped the EA exclusivity at that time or shortly thereafter, and we're only just learning about it now because Ubisoft was the first to announce their Star Wars project even though inXile's has been in the works for longer
  • inXile's first AAA project seemed to enter development around the same time that the KOTOR reboot first leaked, about a year ago
  • inXile seems to have 2 AAA projects in development now, their new studio is certainly large enough to house 2 AAA teams with some support from the much smaller New Orleans studio, and job listings indicate 2 separate AAA projects
  • One AAA project seems to be a first person shooter RPG, possibly the Steampunk one that Chad Moore is rumored to be directing (as Chad has FPS experience, having previously worked at Treyarch on CoD). That project is using Unreal 5 and seems to be the one that Brian said had just entered the infancy of pre-production back in September.
  • The other AAA project is an action RPG based on job listings and seems to have the God of War (2018) Senior Combat Designer as it's Lead Combat Designer, possibly indicating 3rd person. Like the other project it is using Unreal 5. Considering it was in development longer than the 1st person project, it makes more sense that this would be the KOTOR reboot that has been rumored for a year or so, and 3rd person action-RPG also lines up much closer with KOTOR than a first person shooter RPG.

Inxile is growing and their wasteland 3 was a success on metacritic, their recent hiring's of some high name devs for both those FPS game And this kotor 3 or reboot seem amazing hope some obsidian vets give inxile some pointers to this kotor.everyone said kotor 2 was better than kotor 1 story , kotor 2 would have a higher rating than kotor 1 if it were not for the bugs etc but the kotor 2 story from obsidian was beyond kotor 1 story .

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber

shikamaru317 said:

I would also mention that the rumours of them having a massive budget, bigger than even Playground Games and Obsidian who have more recent experience on AAA's than InXile does, plus that huge studio they upgraded to, does make more sense when you think it could be Star Wars IP rather than a New IP (That'd be a huge risk to take on a new IP with a studio that hasn't ever done a big production).

Of course Brian Fargo is an industry legend but it's still a risk that I reckon most would be wary about doing on a brand new IP but when you hear that it may be Star Wars you think, ah, that makes more sense.

Gotta post their beautiful new studio again.

Of course this speculation could all be wrong though, it just makes a lot of sense.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 January 2021

Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

I would also mention that the rumours of them having a massive budget, bigger than even Playground Games and Obsidian who have more recent experience on AAA's than InXile does, plus that huge studio they upgraded to, does make more sense when you think it could be Star Wars IP rather than a New IP (That'd be a huge risk to take on a new IP with a studio that hasn't ever done a big production).

Of course Brian Fargo is an industry legend but it's still a risk that I reckon most would be wary about doing on a brand new IP but when you hear that it may be Star Wars you think, ah, that makes more sense.

Gotta post their beautiful new studio again.

Hope obsidian helps abit in this kotor everybody said kotor 2 story from obsidian was way better than kotor 1 story if kotor 2 didn't have glitches etc it would meta higher than kotor 1 by bioware , obsidian could help them me thinks few vets :)