By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - Game Pass Surpasses 18m Subscribers

Finished Superhot: Mind Control Delete.

Sort of sequel to the 2016 indie hit Superhot. Good game but the "story" doesn't feel nearly as interesting as the story of its predecessor.
It's definitely more of the same here but much more repetitive due to the way the "nodes" (set of levels) are sturctured.
You get plenty of different abilities which certainly add some variety and there are a bunch of different levels but you have to play these levels over and over again and the only changes might be the enemy types you encounter (only slight variations for the most part) or the abilities you can use (some which are pretty useless IMO).

Overall, I preferred the first game. This one is still nice to play for a while, especially since it's also on Game Pass.

7.5/10

Around the Network

A lot of speculation going around that it could be InXile which is reviving KOTOR.

- Shinobi said: "It's not as mysterious as you think. It's just not a household name most people are aware of."

InXile matches that description, they're a niche name right now, not many gamers know about them, Brian is more known than InXile itself, Lol.

- Jason said it's not being made at EA

Check.

- One of the XboxEra dudes said that Xbox is talking to LucasArts about licenses outside of Indiana Jones.

- InXile has 2 RPGs in development, one by Brian Fargo and another by Chad Moore (heavily speculated Steampunk).

- Apparently Rand said he heard that one of InXile's RPGs is Sci-Fi (Brian's?)

- Brian is hugely connected in the industry, in fact, George Lucas himself one time asked him if he wanted to merge Interplay and Lucasfilm Games together and he wanted Brian to run it.

- He's a big Star Wars fan and this tweet is interesting.

- InXile is rumoured to have a massive budget, according to a leaker over on Era, one of the biggest studio budgets inside of Xbox Game Studios.

Thoughts? I'm not confident enough to say it's happening just yet but a lot of stuff does feel like it matches up and makes sense.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 January 2021

That would be awesome.

I wonder if a remake is on the cards too. Would be the game to propel inXile into the mainstream spotlight.

I'd be extremely happy if the inXile AAA is the new KOTOR we've been hearing about for a year and a half now. inXile actually started working on that AAA project around the same time that the first credible KOTOR reboot rumor dropped.

ironmanDX said:

That would be awesome.

I wonder if a remake is on the cards too. Would be the game to propel inXile into the mainstream spotlight.

If the earlier leaks are true, this new KOTOR is a sort of reboot/remake. It's rumored to combine elements of both KOTOR 1 and 2 into a single game and bring KOTOR into the new Disney canon in that way. Right now the only canon element of KOTOR is Revan, they made him canon again via a book where he is just mentioned as being an ancient Sith Lord. 

Around the Network

Here is your late month reminder to vote in Most Wanted for February

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/244085/most-wanted-february/1/

shikamaru317 said:
ironmanDX said:

That would be awesome.

If the earlier leaks are true, this new KOTOR is a sort of reboot/remake. It's rumored to combine elements of both KOTOR 1 and 2 into a single game and bring KOTOR into the new Disney canon in that way. Right now the only canon element of KOTOR is Revan, they made him canon again via a book where he is just mentioned as being an ancient Sith Lord. 

Revan is simply too awesome not to be canon. 

I believe that the star forge is also cannon in one form or another. It's appeared in some Disney Star Wars media... Recently. Without saying too much. 

I wouldn't mind a darth bane Kotor... 

ironmanDX said:
shikamaru317 said:

Revan is simply too awesome not to be canon. 

I believe that the star forge is also cannon in one form or another. It's appeared in some Disney Star Wars media... Recently. Without saying too much. 

I wouldn't mind a darth bane Kotor... 

That'd conflict with one of the main pulls of the KOTOR timeline: Jedi vs. Sith.  Since there's no Rule of Two, Bioware is able to have proportional amounts of Jedi/Sith Masters duking it out.

Although, they could manage Darth Bane BEFORE he institutes that law into canon.

If Inxile is making Kotor the that would explain why their budget is higher than Fable and Avowed, the insider at Era also said that Inxile is going to grow massively this year.

The good news would be that Inxile is forming up to be a 2 AAA team studio which would be great, but I don’t know how I would feel having 2 MS studios working on games that would likely be multi platform (Indian Jones & Kotor) long term.

So now in the recent podcast Jez said that at least one of the two titles isn’t unannounced, so Starfield 2021? Timestamp is 27 mins in btw.