By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Geez, makes you wonder how big the team is that's working on Avowed. 

Around the Network

I just watched the Splatoon 3 direct. They got Theater mode and File Share working better by a mile than Infinite right now

In fact, MS says that Microsoft's ability to continue expanding Game Pass has been hampered by Sony's desire to inhibit such growth. Sony pays for "blocking rights" to prevent developers from adding content to Game Pass and other competing subscription services.

That right there! That's something that we've always had our suspicions on, such as RE Village, but nothing concrete. MS outright yelled it out!

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 10 August 2022

I can't blame Sony for attempting to go above and beyond in trying to make the deal fall through, but they have been exposing themselves in the process.

This is similar to when Tim Sweeney showed during the Epic Games v Apple trial that Sony forces developers to pay a fee if they want to enable crossplay. Being a market leader really makes you try to get away with anything and crying foul when a competitor actually provides competition.

Nintendo was very similar in the 90s when they had like 80% of the video game market lol.

EDIT: Which reminds me, why isn't Nintendo involved in any of this? lol 

Ryuu96 said:

"Sony's isolated position can probably be explained by the fact that Microsoft's subscription gaming offering, Xbox Game Pass ("Game Pass"), has been launched as Microsoft's competitive response to Xbox's failure in the "console wars" and the need to offer players additional value compared to the "buy-to-play" model traditional."

Microsoft straight saying they failed in the console wars, Lol.

Lol yeah, with the leadership having been all over the place through Xbox's first 3 generations, plus the moniker now that "console wars" is for just for the insanely hardcore fans and an outdated concept to begin with, I'm glad MS admitted this lol. 

Industries can't grow or innovate at all if no one is willing to break the mold. It took Xbox on the brink of destruction to do so lol

Around the Network

One thing in MS favor is Minecraft. Another pretty huge game that pretty much carved out its own space and MS did not make it exclusive to their platform. MS could show that for big money franchise that are already multiplat they have a history of leaving them alone.

MS pretty much shut Sony down with this response lol

gtotheunit91 said:

I can't blame Sony for attempting to go above and beyond in trying to make the deal fall through, but they have been exposing themselves in the process.

This is similar to when Tim Sweeney showed during the Epic Games v Apple trial that Sony forces developers to pay a fee if they want to enable crossplay. Being a market leader really makes you try to get away with anything and crying foul when a competitor actually provides competition.

Nintendo was very similar in the 90s when they had like 80% of the video game market lol.

EDIT: Which reminds me, why isn't Nintendo involved in any of this? lol 

I do not think Nintendo is affected to the smallest extend by this to be honest.

Few Activision Blizzard games are really successful on Nintendo platform, so for them, it is just another day :)

Last edited by Imaginedvl - on 10 August 2022

gtotheunit91 said:

In fact, MS says that Microsoft's ability to continue expanding Game Pass has been hampered by Sony's desire to inhibit such growth. Sony pays for "blocking rights" to prevent developers from adding content to Game Pass and other competing subscription services.

That right there! That's something that we've always had our suspicions on, such as RE Village, but nothing concrete. MS outright yelled it out!

Esp. for Call of Duty; they literraly BLOCKED content on THEIR platform; which def. leaded to some COD fans to move over Play Station to get that content...

And then they come up with the fear of consumers choosing Microsoft because they will need it to play COD... I mean it is literally the same exact thing and they def. started the dance :)

But you said that later; cannot blame Sony for trying. They still need to becareful not to look too silly tho.

This may be one of the titles Nightdive Studios was referring to!!! If Quake III gets a remaster, goodbye every modern multiplayer game

What's weird is that Nvidia kinda already remastered Quake II but I'll take it!