By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I'm downloading the demo now

Around the Network
twintail said:

*shrugs*

legal team vs legal team. Some interesting potential info, but literally means nothing in the grand scheme of things. MS knows this. Sony knows this. We know this. They're just completing these formalities because they're expected to.

Okay... could you please elaborate for me why, out of all the companies in the market, Sony was the only one who felt compelled to "complete this formality."

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Sony already looked silly with their BS reasoning trying to stop this deal, The response of the MS legal team absolutely destroyed them.

Thank you Brazil for this entertainment lol

Sony is right to be concerned about Call of Duty but probably not in the short term. MS will leverage COD but I see them handling COD like they did Minecraft. COD just brings in way to much money to mess with it and especially making it exclusive. Pretty soon they will have their mobile game online and that will start to generate huge income as well. When I look at where MS is going, the way I view it is that MS has long ago gave up the console war and its the subscription services they are 100% focus on. This is the long term goal and they really do not care what device you play your games on, they just want to be the leading sub that deliver those games. COD will still play a big role in that because just making it free and throw in some incentives exclusive to GP will be the olive branch to up GP subs especially on the PC side.

Sony only see COD as a way for MS to strengthen GP which still puts them at a disadvantage because they do not want to do day one release of their main games. The more AAA MS can day one release that make gamers continue to sub is a kick in the balls for Sony and they really do not want to move to such a model for as long as they can.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

It's not just regulators asking tough questions, however, but the industry, too. Microsoft has been on a charm offensive for a while now, and is proactively trying to reassure the business that its intentions are good with all this investment. And it's working. Most developers and publishers that I've spoken to have nothing but positive things to say about Microsoft and its gaming initiatives.

But there's always a caveat. 'Xbox is bossing it right now', 'Xbox has been an amazing partner so far', 'At the moment, it's all about Xbox'... those are actual quotes from recent exchanges I've had with developers. They're all saying how great Xbox is proving to be, while acknowledging that things change.

Because it might. In recent interviews, Xbox boss Phil Spencer has referred to the likes of Amazon and Google and Meta as potential competitors to Xbox, but also a risk to the games industry at large. The implication is that these giants aren't traditional games companies, and don't have the games industry's interests at heart.

But that can also be true of Microsoft. Of course, the company has been in games for decades, and I've no doubt of the sincerity of Spencer, Booty, Bond and the whole Xbox team. They're games people. I've spoken to them enough to know they'll always be games people.

But is Satya Nadella, really? Are Microsoft's shareholders? We're told they are, but you’ll forgive some developers – particularly those with experience of big corporations – of being slightly sceptical. It's all 'let the talent do what they feel best' when the sun is shining, but the real test of their resolve is when the storm clouds start to form.

Is Sony Right To Be Worried About Call of Duty? | GamesIndustry.biz

Under the leadership of Phil, Matt, and Sarah... I don't think there's cause for concern (at least for the next 10 years or so). Of course, once these people eventually end up leaving MS/retiring; I could see why some people would be concerned but you can say that really about any publicly traded company. Of course, that's not really the concern for PlayStation, PlayStations concern has everything to do with CoD being used as a way to boost GamePass and potentially harm Sony's bottom line.  

Last edited by NobleTeam360 - on 11 August 2022

We'll definitely be getting a lot more info on Redfall! Just a week away!

zero129 said:

Them Sony fans in the last 2 Ms threads are pure gold.

All the comments have pointed to is what MS has done in the past. Nothing in regards to the topic at hand. 

A lot of 2023 stuff? This might be worth a tune in! Especially considering how much Xbox likes to team up with Geoff