By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

6th Annual Xbox Empire Game of the Year Awards

Vote (See Shortcuts) 8 100.00%

Total:8

Get ready guys, it is as Phil said, that Covid would hurt 2021 more than it hurt 2020.

Around the Network

Reposting the GOTY Voting form since we only have a handful of responses so far:

It's that time of year again folks, time for the:

6th Annual Xbox Empire Game of the Year Awards

Rules:

1. You can vote for as many or few categories as you like or are able to.

2. Voting will be open until January 20th, so get you votes in asap.

3. Votes will be added up, with 2 points for each person's top pick and 1 point for each person's runner-up. 

CategoryTop PickRunner-Up
Best Shooter  
Best Action/Action-Adventure  
Best RPG  
Best Platformer  
Best Fighter/Brawler/Beat 'em up  
Best Horror  
Best Sports/Racing  
Best Sim/Strategy
Best Soundtrack 
Best Art Design  
Best Graphics  
Best Male Performance  
Best Female Performance  
Best Singleplayer  
Best Multiplayer  
Best Story  
Best 3rd party Gamepass release List  
Best Ongoing Support
Best Indie  
Best Xbox Console Exclusive  
Best Studio
Overall Xbox Game of the Year  
Most Anticipated Multiplat  
Most Anticipated Xbox Console Exclusive  

Rate Xbox 2020

Bleeding Edge/10
Ori and the Will of the Wisps/10
Minecraft Dungeons/10
Battletoads/10
Wasteland 3/10
Flight Simulator/10
Gears Tactics/10
Tell Me Why/10
Grounded (early access)/10
Overall First Party/10
Overall 3rd Party/10
Hardware rating (Xbox Series S and X, new controller, etc.)/10
Overall 2020 rating/10

Vote Lists

Shika

derpysquirtle

Ryuu

Jason

Previous Year Results

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Time to remove Harry Potter from most anticipated, delayed to 2022.

If you're talking about on the GOTY voting, I was planning on changing Most Anticipated 2021 to just Most Anticipated in general, so that it would be open to 2022 games or games with no release window like Starfield. 

Yeah, can we do that for both exclusive and multiplatform? Covid has fucked everything up, not much is announced for 21, feels like developers are afraid to set dates and according to Jason a lot of delays are coming, think it's for the best to not restrict it to a year.

Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

If you're talking about on the GOTY voting, I was planning on changing Most Anticipated 2021 to just Most Anticipated in general, so that it would be open to 2022 games or games with no release window like Starfield. 

Yeah, can we do that for both exclusive and multiplatform? Covid has fucked everything up, not much is announced for 21, feels like developers are afraid to set dates and according to Jason a lot of delays are coming, think it's for the best to not restrict it to a year.

Yep, for sure. Release windows are definitely too fluid right now, better to just do most anticipated in general. 

Did I miss something? Nobody talking about Machine games making Indian Jones and possible Xbox exclusivity? Gaming Twitter went insane yesterday, Xbox fans getting excited. Worst case it’s Game Pass day 1.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

Did I miss something? Nobody talking about Machine games making Indian Jones and possible Xbox exclusivity? Gaming Twitter went insane yesterday, Xbox fans getting excited. Worst case it’s Game Pass day 1.

We talked about it alot yesterday xD

On a side note, I think the Ubisoft Star Wars game is like 4 years out from release. It's being developed by Ubisoft Massive, and they are still developing the Avatar game they announced almost 4 years ago, as well as supporting The Division 2 with content still I believe. Sure they are big, 650+ devs, plus Ubisoft usually pulls in other studios to assist the main studio with projects, but considering Avatar itself still hasn't released or even gotten gameplay footage nearly 4 years after it's announce, I think it's safe to say that the wait for the Ubisoft Star Wars game will be awhile.

shikamaru317 said:

On a side note, I think the Ubisoft Star Wars game is like 4 years out from release. It's being developed by Ubisoft Massive, and they are still developing the Avatar game they announced almost 4 years ago, as well as supporting The Division 2 with content still I believe. Sure they are big, 650+ devs, plus Ubisoft usually pulls in other studios to assist the main studio with projects, but considering Avatar itself still hasn't released or even gotten gameplay footage nearly 4 years after it's announce, I think it's safe to say that the wait for the Ubisoft Star Wars game will be awhile.

Plus, doesn't it have to release after EA's license expires which is 2023? Lol.

Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Plus, doesn't it have to release after EA's license expires which is 2023? Lol.

The fact that the Ubisoft game was even announced now suggests that the EA exclusivity deal has been ended prematurely. According to some insiders Disney left a clause in the contract with EA that allowed them back out if they were disappointed by EA's Star Wars output, and there have been rumors ever since the Visceral Star Wars game was cancelled that Disney was growing more and more concerned about EA's output, supposedly the Battlefront 2 release debacle nearly pushed them to back out of the contract then, but they decided not to. Now it seems like they may have backed out of it early, I doubt that the contract would have allowed Disney to announce Star Wars games from other publishers.

EA will still be making Star Wars games of course, they just won't have exclusive rights anymore. EA just confirmed today that they have several Star Wars games in development. Jedi Fallen Order 2 is a sure thing at this point, and we have heavy rumors that Battlefront 3 is in development at DICE as well, with several actors who played Battlefront 2 main characters doing a mo-cap session together recently, and the writer for Battlefront 2 and Squadrons teasing that it was for Battlefront 3.

Part of me wishes that the next COD and Battlefield get delayed so that Halo Infinite will be the only big FPS game this Holiday. Also Starfield is 100% 2022 and I see Stalker being delayed too.