By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
EspadaGrim said:

Hope that Embracer manage to show of games that interest me at gamescon m, Alone in the Dark already leaked but I have to see gameplay.

After watching the announcement trailer, I'm not holding my breath.

THQ Nordic is like the B-movie of the video game industry. Still love a lot of their games though lol

Around the Network

PSA: There's an issue with achievements unlocking and it's unclear if they will synch up when fixed.

gtotheunit91 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Hope that Embracer manage to show of games that interest me at gamescon m, Alone in the Dark already leaked but I have to see gameplay.

THQ Nordic is like the B-movie of the video game industry. Still love a lot of their games though lol

Such a good analogy lol

Do you get 10 double XP boosts for completing all the weekly challenges in Infinite? I just completed the last one to get the sick visor and I noticed my double xp boost count went up by 10 lol. I figured it was a glitch, but after rebooting the game, that number is still there. I had never actually completed all my weekly challenges till this point.

EDIT: Nevermind

gtotheunit91 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Yeah that’s my biggest concern with them owning Eidos, Crystal and 4A Games, they have franchises that can be solid hits if they give them enough funding.

I like B-Tier/AA games studios, they have always interested me since you can find some good gems and because the Big AAA publishers have been very weak this last gen.

Around the Network

Alone in the Dark is written by Mikael Hedberg who also wrote SOMA so I'll play it even if gameplay is crap.

I still remember playing the original in -92 or -93 on my cousin's brand new PC. Even the intro was so damn scary! Great game.

twintail said:
EspadaGrim said:

Yeah that’s my biggest concern with them owning Eidos, Crystal and 4A Games, they have franchises that can be solid hits if they give them enough funding.

I like B-Tier/AA games studios, they have always interested me since you can find some good gems and because the Big AAA publishers have been very weak this last gen.

Makes me realise that there's no way Embracer gives the new Tome Raider the same budget SE was giving. I'm quite curious to see what they can do. And honestly, it probably needs a smaller scope. 

That brings up a good point. I don’t think it’s been confirmed if Eidos, CD, and SE Montreal will be placed under THQ Nordic. There’s like 20 publishers under Embracer. Eidos used to publish games. I wonder if Embracer will allow Eidos to do that again and place the other 2 studios under them. 

Especially with grand claims Eidos has been doing lately with wanting Deus Ex to do something Cyberpunk 2077 couldn’t do. 

The focus on whether Eidos and Crystal Dynamics will be AA or AAA doesn't really concern me much. Plenty of AAA games are straight ass and plenty of AA games far outshine many AAA games. Plus like Twintail alluded to, it could be a good thing if both devs reign in their budgets. Maybe have them produce some AA games before Embracer gives more funding to do AAA titles.

Anyone see the Bonnie Ross interview? The amount of irony in her statements is insane!

But tbh, idk anymore where more of the blame goes for how Halo as a franchise has been since Bungie left. 343 management or Microsoft? Or if it's a direct split between both of them. 

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 15 August 2022

Ryuu96 said:

Present And Future Concerns From The Activision Blizzard Acquisition In The US Market Activision/Blizzard | ResetEra

Doesn't sounds like anything that would interfere with the Acquisition, Infact a few of them are very small or non existent concerns such as #3-6 on the list.