By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

6th Annual Xbox Empire Game of the Year Awards

Vote (See Shortcuts) 8 100.00%

Total:8

Wonder if Tim will try get the license to Monkey Island as he was heavily involved in the original series.

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:

Part of me wishes that the next COD and Battlefield get delayed so that Halo Infinite will be the only big FPS game this Holiday. Also Starfield is 100% 2022 and I see Stalker being delayed too.

Honestly would be kind of strange for Starfield to be 2022. I don't think most people realize how long it has been in development for. This is what Todd Howard said about Starfield in 2018:

"We've [Bethesda Game Studios] been talking about it for a decade, we started putting things on paper five, six years ago, and active development was from when we finished Fallout 4, so two and a half, three years."

In other words, Starfield already has 5 years of active development, a year and a half more than any previous Bethesda game got, with their largest dev team ever. The man hours put into Starfield already far exceed any of their previous games.

Now there were rumors that they decided to move Starfield from a lightly modified build of Fallout 4's Creation engine to the new, mostly rebuilt version of Creation that Bethesda is doing for Elder Scrolls 6, that was round about mid 2019 when those rumors hit, which would have slowed development some while they transferred what they had already built to the new engine and improved upon the graphics, but still, Starfield will hit 6 years of active development by November 2021.

If Starfield was planned for 2020 but was delayed into 2021 due to Covid then I think it'll be fine.

If it was always planned for 2021 then I think it's getting delayed.

Lol CoD won't get delayed. Activision will rather release a broken game than delay it, Same goes for Battlefield and EA

I want a AAA Frozen game by 343i

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

If Starfield was planned for 2020 but was delayed into 2021 due to Covid then I think it'll be fine.

If it was always planned for 2021 then I think it's getting delayed.

I believe that the person who leaked the Starfield build screens said that it was targeted for 2021 and the leaked build was from 2018. I would bet money on 2022.

jason1637 said:

Lol CoD won't get delayed. Activision will rather release a broken game than delay it, Same goes for Battlefield and EA

You're probably right, but if there is any CoD that should get delayed, it will be the 2021 one. Originally 2021 CoD was supposed to be a Treyarch CoD, but Sledgehammer and Raven got into a fight while developing CoD 2020 together in 2019, Sledgehammer got pulled off of 2020 CoD and Treyarch got brought in to convert the multiplayer work they had already done on their own 2021 CoD and combine it with Raven's CoD 2020 campaign to make Black Ops Cold War. That screwed up the whole CoD studio rotation, meaning that the next CoD has either been under development by Sledgehammer since mid 2019 or under Infinity Ward since late 2019. In other words, the most development that CoD 2021 could get would be 2 and a half years with a possibility of just 2 years of development, less than all of the CoD games from 2014-2019 got. Even worse, it would only be getting 2-2.5 years of development under Covid conditions for most of that time. Activision would definitely be much better off just supporting Cold War and Warzone with new content in 2021 and early 2022 and releasing the next CoD Holiday 2022.

Battlefield on the other hand should be fine for 2021 I think. DICE has multiple teams within the studio and I'm pretty sure Battlefield 6 was in development even before Battlefield V released in 2018, just like Battlefield V was in development before Battlefield 1 released in 2016. I think we'll see Battlefield 6 release on schedule in 2021 with Star Wars Battlefront 3 releasing in 2022.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - 5 days ago

shikamaru317 said:
sales2099 said:

Did I miss something? Nobody talking about Machine games making Indian Jones and possible Xbox exclusivity? Gaming Twitter went insane yesterday, Xbox fans getting excited. Worst case it’s Game Pass day 1.

We talked about it alot yesterday xD

Oh, lol. Well it should have been a Hot Topic is what I’m saying 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Yeah, Forza Horizon 5 isn't releasing this year.

Ryuu96 said:

Yeah, Forza Horizon 5 isn't releasing this year.

What a shame. MS 2021 line-up really could use a boost, as it stands they are going to get slaughtered by Sony unless some Sony stuff gets delayed into 2022, where it can be countered by likely Xbox 2022 exclusives like Avowed, Hellblade 2, and Forza Motorsport.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - 4 days ago