By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - Game Pass Surpasses 18m Subscribers

I always thought that Microsoft not acquiring 4A Games was a missed opportunity, I wonder if they tried but they just wanted to be with Embracer Group more? Anyway, to get to my point, if Stalker 2 is any good then Microsoft should consider acquiring GSC Game World, seems in the past they had a lot of financial difficulties but at one point they used to be the largest video game company in Eastern Europe.

From my understanding, 4A Games was founded by senior members of GSC Game World (who left), Stalker, I admittedly haven't played but the trailers give off a very Metro atmosphere. If it's a dud then, forget about it Get Asobo and Techland still.

Around the Network

Maybe more of Sony's 2021 line-up will get delayed than I thought xD

This is the type of game MS needs and they should reach out to these ex Tencent devs if they can really make this game a reality.

Anyone expecting Stalker 2 to release this year is setting themselves up for disappointment. This game is probably the first in the list of the games that will be delayed. The first game was in a development hell with lots of delays. Initially planned for 2003 release it was only released in 2007. GSC is a troublesome developer from what is known and even their best talent left for 4A so I don't know.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:

This is the type of game MS needs and they should reach out to these ex Tencent devs if they can really make this game a reality.

Yeah, this game looked great but I haven't seen any updates about it since it was first shown.

shikamaru317 said:
smroadkill15 said:

Yikes on bikes, that list is really not great. STALKER 2 and Bright Memory Infinite are missing now which suggests they got delayed to 2022. They have 3 games on there that aren't Xbox exclusives; Psychonauts 2, Yakuza Collection, and Yakuza 6. 

Meanwhile Sony currently has scheduled for 2021: GT7, Ratchet & Clank, Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo, Horizon: Forbidden West, God of War Ragnarok, Kena, Returnal, Guilty Gear Strive, Stray, Solar Ash, Goodbye Volcano High, Jett: The Far Shore, Neptunia ReVerse, and possibly FF16 (it looked further along in development than Project Athia, which Sony has scheduled for January 2022). Now of course some of those will probably get delayed, I just can't see both Horizon and God of War making 2021 for instance, but even if some of Sony's games get delayed they still have a stronger line-up. 

MS badly needs to do something about this situation. If Wolfenstein 3, Starfield, or Hellblade 2 have any chance of making 2021, MS needs to try and ensure that they do with extra developers on the projects or something. Phil really needs to put aside his anti-hatting stance and hat timed on some 2021 AAA 3rd party that hasn't been announced yet, something like Saints Row 5, which should make 2021 considering it has been in development since 2015.

Zero chance God of War Ragnarok or FF16 (especially FF16) make 2021 Imo, I also think Ghostwire Tokyo will slip into 2022 as well (currently scheduled for Oct, could easily slip into 2022, especially since Tango is a small studio of sub ~100 developers, also I think it would be better for them purely from a market perspective, Ghostwire will be lost in Holiday Imho).

If Microsoft can get Forza Motorsport and Starfield for Holiday, that'll be good enough if the above get delayed and providing Starfield is exclusive but I don't really think about what Sony has As long as I'm getting games I want to play I'm happy, and of course Game Pass/Xbox needs to be pushed, which Starfield, Halo and Forza will do.

Originally thought stock would be fixed in Q1/Q2 but stock is still looking downright awful so maybe I was being a bit optimistic, gives them a little leeway at least.