By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Whooooooa this is cool!

Around the Network
twintail said:
gtotheunit91 said:

All the comments have pointed to is what MS has done in the past. Nothing in regards to the topic at hand. 

I'm not debating that a lot of those comments are about the past, but I'm curious how many games in the past 5 years (since GamePass began), which have been timed-exclusive or marketed by MS, have come to PS+?
Nothing stands out to me, which makes me believe that MS most likely employs the very same practice of keeping games off other subscription models.

I mean, I'm 100% sure that if Sony's lawyers had heard anything like that, they would have used it on the case already.

twintail said:
gtotheunit91 said:

All the comments have pointed to is what MS has done in the past. Nothing in regards to the topic at hand. 

I'm not debating that a lot of those comments are about the past, but I'm curious how many games in the past 5 years (since GamePass began), which have been timed-exclusive or marketed by MS, have come to PS+?
Nothing stands out to me, which makes me believe that MS most likely employs the very same practice of keeping games off other subscription

That’s definitely something worth looking into, but talk about a shotgun blast to the foot if MS pulled that crap lol.

sorry, I typed this out on mobile and messed up the quote lol

Last edited by twintail - on 12 August 2022

If the accusation that Sony were blocking game from Gamepass were not true then Both Ghostwire and Deathloop would have been in PC Gamepass day one, MS already owned the games before they released and had the contracts that Bethesda made Sony.

twintail said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Nothing stands out to me, which makes me believe that MS most likely employs the very same practice of keeping games off other subscription models.

I think the point of all of this is : how silly is Sony using that as a defense of why Microsoft should not acquire Activision. It is really firing back at them; as they are doing it probably way more for AAA (that's my impression at least). At the end; those are businesses and they are doing the right thing; they cannot just stand there when this is clearly going to hurt their core business.

But I agree with you; it would be very naive to believe that Microsoft is not doing the same; probably not to the same extend as we see games coming on GamePass "day 1" but still available at other places but few (probably have a timed exclusivity deal of the sort).

Last edited by Imaginedvl - on 12 August 2022

Around the Network

Adding to Joe Staten's tweet yesterday, 343 is really starting the Forge hype train!

Imaginedvl said:
twintail said:

I think the point of all of this is : how silly is Sony using that as a defense of why Microsoft should not acquire Activision. It is really firing back at them; as they are doing it probably way more for AAA (that's my impression at least). At the end; those are businesses and they are doing the right thing; they cannot just stand there when this is clearly going to hurt their core business.

But I agree with you; it would be very naive to believe that Microsoft is not doing the same; probably not to the same extend as we see games coming on GamePass "day 1" but still available at other places but few (probably have a timed exclusivity deal of the sort).

Well said. 

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Hogwarts Legacy officially delayed, but there is a release date! February 10th, 2023

Hope that Embracer manage to show of games that interest me at gamescon m, Alone in the Dark already leaked but I have to see gameplay.