By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:

It has been almost a year since the FF14 director said that discussions with Xbox were trending in a positive direction. If it's not announced for Xbox at TGS, probably isn't happening. 

If they're just in discussions though, how long are we talking to get FF14 on Xbox? It's a MASSIVE game! 

Around the Network

Ryuu96 said:

Bad news, Brad is saying he is hearing that Microsoft has been announcing hiring freezes in all its divisions, including Xbox.

It's happening to all tech companies right now so it was bound to hit Microsoft eventually.

Google, Meta, Tesla: All Of The Tech Companies Hitting The Brakes On Hiring

Hiring Freezes Sweep Over Tech As Recession Looms | Fortune

That really sucks considering how much hiring Xbox's studios have been doing as of late. 343 especially is probably super bummed about it lol

Ryuu96 said:

Just checked 343's page.

"No positions currently available"

All of Turn 10's are "application closed"

No positions in "Software Engineering" on Microsoft's career site.

No positions open for The Coalition.

Every single job application on Playground Games is a dead URL.

This...is bad, seems like an incredibly stupid thing to do to pause hiring for gaming, buckle in for multiple delays if this goes on for longer than a couple months.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. The last thing Xbox needed.

Looks like Obsidian has several positions available (for now) and inXile only has contract positions open. 

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. The last thing Xbox needed.

Looks like Obsidian has several positions available (for now) and inXile only has contract positions open. 

Interesting.

343 had like 20 positions open last I checked and now none.

Maybe keeping some vital only positions open but closing everything else.

Forza would be at risk of missing early 2023 since they have no positions either.

Ara and Minecraft Legends should be safe since they are external studios.

It looks like Arkane and Bethesda are still hiring, this would be due to how they're incorporated into Microsoft, I believe, limited integration, I read that Bethesda employees don't get Microsoft bonuses/benefits because they aren't technically classed as Microsoft employees.

At least Forge won't be affected from this either since it's being developed by an external studio, and season 3 for the most part should be completed soon. This might affect season 4 of Infinite though.

Oh that's a sigh of relief about Bethesda because then Starfield would probably end up being Holiday 2023 for sure

Around the Network

For the JRPG fans, the time is near!

God damn it, the gold armor coatings are finally in Infinite's store 343 trying to get me to spend money! 

EDIT: Yeah, I bought it lol! Finally the visors work across all the cores! 

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 09 August 2022

It wasn't mentioned at all in the August Drop Pod, but the playlist for Team Snipers has been adjusted to be more of what we were hoping for. The odds of a specific mode is the following.

Team Snipers - 75%
Shotty Snipes - 20%
Brute Snipes - 5%

Now you have a super high chance of actually playing just Snipers in Team Snipers lol

Anyone trying out The DioField Chronicle demo that drops tomorrow? Since it's one of the few Square games coming to Xbox, figured some may give it a try.