By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Hopefully the steam version will have crossplay so the community can grow even more. Might hit 20m players by years end.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Phil basically said no title will hold back Series X launch, aka if Halo Infinite gets delayed, Series X will still go ahead as scheduled.

Brute Force and Scalebound are dead.

If Phil could bring back a title it would be Mech.

Thinks Xbox One had too many launch exclusives, talks down needing that many at launch and would rather want to have a few major titles and spread the others out.

For 1st party I’d say Halo Infinite and Forza 8 is enough. Throw in 3rd party games and some choice next gen remasters from X1 (Gears 5, Sea of Thieves for example) and you have a solid enough launch. It is smarter to space out your releases, keep the momentum 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Ryuu96 said:

That’s great! I just like keeping track of this game, I just keep rooting for it. It had bare content at launch but now it’s grown into something truly unique, there really isn’t anything out there like it. It’s always on the top 15 played on Game Pass 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

There's a few things I would do, in terms of Japan, for launch.

1. Make sure advertisement over there lets them know about all the Japanese games on GamePass. By then, that should include all the promised FF, and Yakuza titles. Also emphasize that this will be the best way to experience them, due to enhanced performance.
2. See if there's any way you can align the Xbox debut of FF14 with the launch of Series X, sell the console bundled with it over there + a 3 month subscription.
3. If Tales of Arise is still slated for 2020, moneyhat that shit for a year. I know Phil doesn't like that stuff, but first of all, Sony is doing it all the time so fair game, and second, MS needs big game deals to be relevant in Japan. Period.

trunkswd said:
Angelus said:

1. Make sure advertisement over there lets them know about all the Japanese games on GamePass. By then, that should include all the promised FF, and Yakuza titles. Also emphasize that this will be the best way to experience them, due to enhanced performance.
2. See if there's any way you can align the Xbox debut of FF14 with the launch of Series X, sell the console bundled with it over there + a 3 month subscription.
3. If Tales of Arise is still slated for 2020, moneyhat that shit for a year. I know Phil doesn't like that stuff, but first of all, Sony is doing it all the time so fair game, and second, MS needs big game deals to be relevant in Japan. Period.

Lost Odyssey 2 and Blue Dragon 2, plus remasters of the originals, would also be a good call to get. 

Those first two sound like pipe dreams 

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
Ryuu96 said:
I'm happy Rare found success with Sea of Thieves, it's a fun and unique title and it's cool to see it grow over time.

Now if they could give me Viva Pinata 3...

Out of all Rare games...Viva Pinata? I am down for a new one. It is very different from any other game on Xbox. Xbox could also use a party game. I'd be all for something similar to Mario Party, but with more of a focus on mini games and less about the board. Would be cool if it had characters from a variety of Microsoft owned IPs. 

I believe that’s called Fuzion Frenzy. Og Xbox title meant to be its own Mario party 

I don't want to see any moneyhats for japanese exclusive games. I just want the big games to be multiplatform day 1. That is more than enough.

So Fable Anniversary is on GWG and on GamePass.

How do I secure the GWG licence if I've already downloaded the game with GamePass?

Usually GWG 360 games keep activated after Gamepass Ultimate runs out, but GamePass games would be deactivated.

Conina said:
So Fable Anniversary is on GWG and on GamePass.

How do I secure the GWG licence if I've already downloaded the game with GamePass?

Usually GWG 360 games keep activated after Gamepass Ultimate runs out, but GamePass games would be deactivated.

Yeah it's kind of weird and I don't have a definitive answer.

It happened a couple of times when EA games were on GwG and I still had an active EA Access subscription (BF1 comes to my mind).

When I deinstalled the game to claim it as an GwG title, there was only the option to "install" it (as part of EA Access) while GwG titles usually display "get" to claim them. I wasn't sure if it worked but in the end it did.

EDIT: Just realized that I had Fable Anniversary already installed as part of Game Pass and could still claim it as usual via browser:
https://marketplace.xbox.com/de-DE/product/Fable-Anniversary/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d530a87

Last edited by Barozi - on 02 April 2020

Ryuu96 said:
trunkswd said:
Since Phil Spencer was asked about what dormant Xbox IPs he would like to see revived. What Xbox games would you like to see make a return?

For me that would be Crimson Skies, KotOR (If that counts ), Fable, Conker, Banjo, and since Ryuu mentioned it, Viva Pinata. I'd also love a new Ninja Gaiden. I believe 2 of them Xbox exclusives?

Viva Pinata, Conker, Fable are at the top of my list.

Angelus said:

FFXIV bundle would be great.

Honestly I think the best chance Xbox has at making a dent into Japan is the Gamepass + XCloud combo so I would honestly say those are more important to advertise than the console itself, focus on growing Xbox as a brand via services.

If those fail then I think Xbox is going to struggle to make a dent at all, Japan is a changing market, Switch dominates and traditional consoles have all decreased IIRC.

trunkswd said:

Lost Odyssey 2 and Blue Dragon 2, plus remasters of the originals, would also be a good call to get. 

Lost Odyssey 2 + New IP.

I played Blue Dragon and thought it was boring Tbh so I'd rather they do a new IP.

But Tbh I think Sakaguchi will end up retiring soon.

Another thing that can help: Launching the Surface Duo around the same time and deploying a bundle with magnetic analog controls: the kind you slap into the surface (second screen) and then use to play. Combine this with a bundle of XCloud+GP Ultimate and even offer All Access (so prices are driven down even further) and you could have a big turnaround since people will buy the Duo for more than just gaming. 

It's one area I felt MS never capitalized on: they wanted to be the small console everyone could do anything on... but instead competed on Sony's terms. Competing on their own with something that is clearly their Xbox product, but far more versatile than any Nintendo or Sony product is how they are going to win there, if they go this way. 

Also, CryOn. Just... CryOn... and revive the original Scalebound, the one without dubstep and the obnoxious man from downtown Seattle.