By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
I LOVE GIGGS said:

The game is a dream to play. They really nailed the gameplay, art design and audio design. It is a masterpiece really and I don't know why media and fans don't treat it that way.

I do think people, Halo fans included, are unfair to 343 and the game itself. Brilliant game. Well done 343.

I would recommend 343 to avoid listening too much to the fans. You don't have answer everyone or every criticism. You don't have to please everyone.

I'm having such a fun time playing this game. Best game 343i has released thus far. Finally, 343 released a game with both an excellent story and multiplayer.

Some of the criticism is warranted (ie PC performance issues, playlist not being split up, not being able to mix and match armor/cores), but some of it is just simply complaining to complain. I get the shop is a bit pricy, but this is a f2p game after all and you can play the campaign for the price of Game Pass or those taking advantage of the $1 deals so of course they are going to want to make back some of that revenue for likely the most expensive game they have developed.

Then I saw someone on YouTube complaining how there wasn't a roadmap yet for content. The game released 2 days ago (time the video was made) give it some time lol. Let the developers take a well-deserved break. 

Around the Network
trunkswd said:

Slayer, Fiesta, FFA, and Tactical Slayer (SWAT) playlists coming December 14.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/re5kdv/playlist_update/

hey everyone - Last weekend I said I'd be back once we had updates to share around near term playlist plans for Halo Infinite. I'm happy to report that a Slayer playlist is officially locked and loaded for the update next week. Four new playlists: Slayer, Fiesta, FFA, and Tactical Slayer (SWAT) will all be added via a services update on Tuesday, Dec. 14.

As I noted last week, the team's original plans for a Slayer playlist included a variety of new variants that weren't going to be ready in time to deploy before the holiday break. To address player feedback for Slayer in the near term, we'll be releasing a basic Slayer offering to start and will look to bolster and expand with more variants in a future update.

Next week's update will also include adjustments to challenges including removing some particularly frustrating mode-specific ones, reducing some requirements for others, making the weekly ultimate challenge less intensive (getting there is tough enough), and adding brand new challenges specific to the new playlists. Personally I'm eager to check out a new challenge category that's based on accumulating player score (a small initial step towards 'performance based XP'). We'll have some more details to share on Halo Waypoint next week.

Lastly, on a semi-related note - please know that the team is aware of and actively investigating reports of intermittent hiccups affecting some players in BTB over the last few days. Additionally, the team is continuing to review Ranked matchmaking and player feedback around potential anomalies.

Thank you to everyone who has shared constructive feedback and filed support tickets for issues you're running into! More to come. Have a great weekend!

That's excellent news and a much quicker turn around than I was anticipating. 

Those weekly ultimate challenges are funny sometimes. Mine this week is get 15 headshots in pvp lol. A huge decrease in difficulty and play time compared to the last 2 weeks. 

smroadkill15 said:

Those weekly ultimate challenges are funny sometimes. Mine this week is get 15 headshots in pvp lol. A huge decrease in difficulty and play time compared to the last 2 weeks. 

It's not your ultimate challenge. It's the same for everyone, every week. 

But yes, they have a wild difference in effort they demand of you any given week.

Yo Halo Infinite is so good. 343 finally made a game with good MP and a good story. I might shed a tear of joy....to go along with my tear of sadness for no co-op

Is there anything you can or need to do with these 'propaganda pillars' ?

I keep running out of ammo, resorting to guerilla melee attacks with the grapple hook. Then I figured out you can grapple hook a gun from a rack, very cool!

Around the Network

Hmm Halo Infinite does not like the Spiderman approach,. Grapple slinging along the outside randomly triggers game over :( Checkpoints are also very random. The game can use quite a bit of polish. The grapple hook is a great addition yet the glitches with it are getting annoying. I'm trying to sneak up in Inka 'Saham, get to the turrets while slinging along the outside of the structure. Random fail then get set half the island back. I wish there was a quick save/load for experimenting.

This is getting tedious, back to the straight in approach. Sandbox off.

Yep, just hijack a ghost, strafe back and forth and done :/

Lol found an arcade cabinet with Halo Infinite. Insert coin flashing but doesn't seem to be operational. Looks cool though.

Last edited by SvennoJ - on 11 December 2021

SvennoJ said:

Lol found an arcade cabinet with Halo Infinite. Insert coin flashing but doesn't seem to be operational. Looks cool though.

green_sky said:
SvennoJ said:

/facepalm I had the sound turned down! Didn't notice the music changing doh!

Angelus said:
smroadkill15 said:

It's not your ultimate challenge. It's the same for everyone, every week. 

But yes, they have a wild difference in effort they demand of you any given week.

Didn't know that lol. I thought they varied for players like weekly challenges. 

The fully upgraded grapple hook is OP, and a lot of fun. I'm never running out of ammo again since I hardly use the guns anymore! I bound melee to right click, aim, q + right mouse button and done.

The map can use a filter though, it's getting very cluttered. And I can not figure out how to get the spartan core at the tower. It seems to be inside the wall? All the gates inside are locked, can't access the stairs.