By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
twintail said:
shikamaru317 said:

The Sony trailers for Intergrade before it released said that they had extended their timed deal it by at least 6 months, which does at least explain why the PC version is releasing exactly 6 months after the PS5 version. As for the rumor that they extended it by a full year for Xbox, I don't know if it's true or not, but it makes sense. Why choose to port to PC over Xbox when FFXV sold more on XB1 than it did on PC? Why not both for maximum profit? I think Square would have just announced it for both PC and Xbox if they were allowed to, which tells me that Sony did pay to extend exclusivity to prevent an Xbox release even longer. But I guess we'll have to wait and see, if it's not announced for Xbox by next June, a year after the PS5 version, it's safe to say that it's not happening at all. 

What's the source for XV15 sales being better on Xbox over PC? I don't really doubt that but just wondering. 

Yeah, I do doubt that. If Xbox did actually outsell PC for FFXV it's only because it launched a year and a half after the console versions on PC.

Only sales date we have is. 7 million shipped for PS4+XBO just before PC release (Jan 2018), and then over 9.8m by nov 2021. So PC sold <2.8m, but I think could still easily be over Xbox. I can easily see PS4 having sold 5.5m-6m of those 7m pre-pc copies.

Breakdown of MHW sales from the capcom leak (near end of 2020):

PS4 -  8.693m
PC - 5.953m
Xbox - 1.789m

And this is with MHW launching 6 months after Xbox/PS4 on PC. I'm sure PC is a bigger platform than Xbox for Final Fantasy too.

Around the Network

Playing Halo Infinite makes me feel like home. Don't know a better way to describe it. The game is special and once they fix issues with cutscenes and add some missing features it'll be a masterpiece. A masterchiefpiece.

Bravo 343!

Ryuu96 said:

They need to add Hornet or Falcon to the world, I miss taking my marines with me every time I use the Wasp, Lol.

Plus the Wasp is a bit weak, as long as you keep a distance it is fine but if you get close it gets absolutely shredded.

I wonder how many Spartans are left too, it would be nice for future expansions to be able to recruit Spartans at FOB's.

The game would be too easy with air transport vehicles. Marines already murderize absolutely everything on a razorback lol, if you let them rain death from above you could clear the entire map in like 2 hours.

Is there any non-dodgy sites left that sell Xbox wallet codes for cheaper than what they are worth? I've always bought the £50 codes for £43 but everywhere just seems to be straight up £50 for £50 now.

shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:

The game would be too easy with air transport vehicles. Marines already murderize absolutely everything on a razorback lol, if you let them rain death from above you could clear the entire map in like 2 hours.

I'm ok with that. The marines don't get to go with you on the 14 main missions, so a legendary playthrough would still be pretty hard even with the ability to have 2 marines on the wings of your hornet raining death with upgraded sentinel beams in the open world. I do think Square will eventually nerf the marines pinpoint accuracy while using vehicles, they are far more effective firing their guns in a vehicle than they are firing them on foot. 

You say they can't help you on the 14 main story missions, but from what I've played so far, quite a few of those missions take place at least partly in the open world.

Around the Network

Th criticism is fair though. It' fun, but performance instability keeps it from reaching its maximum potential, plus the open world does become repetitive rather quickly. The multiplayer is probably a dream to play (well optimized) yet the campaign DLC has me in doubt whether I want to play this in co-op later.

It's fun, but taking a long break to make this, for me is a sign of early open world fatigue :)

That's 6 hours condensed into 3 minutes. (Each day/night cycle lasts a little over an hour)

On to the next FOB, squad in trouble, etc.

Ryuu96 said:

This is for Halo Infinite, Controller players have better accuracy, I really think this issue is overblown in regards to the Controller/K&M skill gap. Halo Infinite on Consoles also has aim assist and Halo has always been a primary Controller based game so that is where most peoples skills will be, PC players won't dominate overnight.

Something has to be done about cheaters though, I mean, sure, have an option to disable cross-play but cheaters can happen on Xbox too, they need a better anti-cheat system, according to someone in those comments he is an Xbox player, not sure and I honestly don't know for certain if he's cheating or aim-botting cause he missed a few shots.

Agreed. Would I like to have control over crossplay being on or off? Absolutely. I don't think there's any particularly good reason for players not to get that option.

That said, I've played A LOT of Halo Infinite...like, seriously...a lot. I can count on one hand the number of times I've played a match and even wondered about whether a certain player was on PC or not. A matchmaking system that doesn't constantly put people on my team who play like they don't even know how to move and shoot at the same time would do a lot more for me than the ability to remove PC players from my games.

Yikes. 60% accuracy. Just make it like that Titanfall gun that auto targets.

Ryuu96 said:

Halo is a controller game.

It's originally from r/Halo, the data is from Halo Tracker which is a well known stat website to the Halo community, they also track stats for dozens of other games and I've never really seen anyone question its reliability, funnily enough it is the only way to track Halo stats right now so it's fairly popular, Lol.

I've seen many PC folk complaining about how Halo feels on K&M in comparison to Controller, even ones in that very Reddit thread are saying it sucks and controller has the advantage, it also still has stuff like aim assist even if it's tuned down compared to other Halos, both controller and K&M players are complaining about each other it seems.

Makes me feel a bit better about running out of ammo all the time with KB+mouse. My accuracy sucks outdoors. Mouse aim is a a pain with inconsistent frame pacing. The number of times I miss a grapple hook shot at close range is embarrassing lol.

It's still much nicer for traversal than using a controller imo. Instead looking to the side and behind while using wasd to keep running in the same direction works much better than with a controller. Hopefully there will be a patch to fix the frame pacing issues soon.

shikamaru317 said:
VersusEvil said:

FF7R ain't ever coming to Xbox brah. Time to let that dream go. FF is done on Xbox.

Well, the current rumor is that Sony paid to extend their 1 year full exclusivity by 6 months after the release of the PS5 version, which is why it is now releasing on PC in December, exactly 6 months after FF7 Remake released on PS5, but that they also paid to extend their console exclusivity by a full year after the release of the PS5 version, which would place it's release on Xbox next June. However, there are no guarantees with Square, they are pretty shitty. The best chance of it happening is Xbox paying for it to happen via a day one Gamepass deal. Square cares about money above all else, even above the health of their franchises, which is why they took money from both Sony and Epic for FF7 Remake already. Phil needs to play ball and pay them as well, for day one Gamepass.

FF7R still can probably release on Xbox, but honestly speaking, Square would probably not be as interested in making the port without Gamepass deal. The reason is - previous FF games had around 80% to 20% split in sales during Xbone PS4 gen. And FF7R would already be a 2-year old game by the time it can potentially release on Xbox. At this point majority of people who wanted to play it and PAY THE FULL PRICE for it - (I'm specifically highlighting this, because I can bet that Square will release it at full price if they decide to port it without GamePass deal), already played it on PS I guess. This leads to obvious conclusion that given past history, it won't probably sell more than 500k copies and this is a tough decision to invest into such port of a modern AAA game if the return is gonna be something like this.

twintail said:
shikamaru317 said:

The Sony trailers for Intergrade before it released said that they had extended their timed deal it by at least 6 months, which does at least explain why the PC version is releasing exactly 6 months after the PS5 version. As for the rumor that they extended it by a full year for Xbox, I don't know if it's true or not, but it makes sense. Why choose to port to PC over Xbox when FFXV sold more on XB1 than it did on PC? Why not both for maximum profit? I think Square would have just announced it for both PC and Xbox if they were allowed to, which tells me that Sony did pay to extend exclusivity to prevent an Xbox release even longer. But I guess we'll have to wait and see, if it's not announced for Xbox by next June, a year after the PS5 version, it's safe to say that it's not happening at all. 

I mean, seems a bit misleading to say they said they extended the deal. Integrade is a new SKU different from the PS4 release and they merely did a PS5 deal.

But yes, I see the argument being made, and fair enough. 

What's the source for XV15 sales being better on Xbox over PC? I don't really doubt that but just wondering. 

I think FFXV could have sold on xbox around the same numbers as on PC, but obviously it is mostly due to PC version releasing almost 2 years later.