By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I swear Gamepass is such good value. I am a few hours in to Ori and the Blind Forest (late to the party, I know).

Had to renew my Gamepass Ultimate. Found a buy 3 months get 3 free deal. Bought it twice. Even at AUD$16 a month this would be a good deal. With the deal, its essentially half that. But because of home console sharing settings, my brother and split the cost and both get Gamepass despite living in totally different places.

Then when I went to input all the codes, one of them gave me a free month if I signed up to automatic billing (which I then immediately turned off).

Summing up, I get access to a large, rotating library of games, all of Microsoft's new first party games. It cost $AUD96 for 13 months. A cost I then split, making it $48 for 13 months. Thats less than half the MSRP for a single new AAA title.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
Pemalite said:

Core i7 3930K. 6 cores, 12 threads. @5ghz. Under water.
ASUS Saberooth x79.
32GB DDR3 1866mhz Ram in a quad-channel configuration. (Equivalent to 32GB DDR4 in 3733mhz dual channel)
4x Crucial MX500 1TB SSD in RAID.
2x Radeon RX 580's overclocked. (Will be upgrading to a Geforce 3000 series or Radeon RX 6000 series when they release.)

I remember paying $480 AUD for the CPU because it was a bargain, but that's about it.
The Xbox One X for instance was $650 AUD. - I would imagine the Xbox Series X to be about that price point.
And I spent $500 on the Xbox 360.

In theory I could drop in a 10 core processor @3.5Ghz, but probably not. Clockrate wins. This is a golden chip that hasn't suffered from electromigration as of yet.

Sounds like something that cost you $3000 USD to build initially. Of course you'll be able to slap a next gen card in it and beat a Series X. Hell, I bet the CPU + custom water cooling was a grand by itself. Or did you get this overclock with an AIO?

Didn't Radeon 580 launch in 2017 though?

Hasn't suffered from such extreme overclocking yet? So are you saying you won the RNG CPU lottery with this one?

It did cost a penny to build. It was a workstation class rig obviously, fact is... It's going to last 3x console generations at this rate.
I originally did have 64GB of DDR3 1600Mhz DRAM, but half the capacity but faster sticks gave better performance. - 32GB of DDR3 1866Mhz was cheap as shit back then too, cheaper than DDR4 today.

The waterloop is custom. You are right that was probably closer to $1000 all told, but a AIO would have achieved similar results.

And I have upgraded the GPU, stated that.

Nope. Hasn't suffered from electromigration yet, I got a low voltage on that overclock verses people with different steppings, won the silicon lottery.

And remember... That PC hasn't had to pay for 3x console generations of online, had to buy 3x console generations of accessories, had to rebuy re-released/remastered/enhanced games, that kinda' erodes the costs.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Ryuu96 said:

What if they do a LE console for S and X? Remember Hmqgg leaked a One X Cyberpunk LE which is kinda redundant now but we also have a Halo Infinite LE rumour, what if they do a Xbox Series S Cyberpunk LE and a Xbox Series X Halo Infinite LE

Collectors would lose it, gotta buy two consoles.

Angelus would be fucked too.

But I don't think Series X will launch in September anyway, only way it works is if Cyberpunk is delayed again very slightly, Xbox abandon the One X LE and as Series S will be a similar form factor to One X, they can basically take the decal and slap it onto Series S without much major changes, unlike if they moved it to Series X.

Why are you like this?

Pemalite said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Sounds like something that cost you $3000 USD to build initially. Of course you'll be able to slap a next gen card in it and beat a Series X. Hell, I bet the CPU + custom water cooling was a grand by itself. Or did you get this overclock with an AIO?

Hasn't suffered from such extreme overclocking yet? So are you saying you won the RNG CPU lottery with this one?

It did cost a penny to build. It was a workstation class rig obviously, fact is... It's going to last 3x console generations at this rate.
I originally did have 64GB of DDR3 1600Mhz DRAM, but half the capacity but faster sticks gave better performance. - 32GB of DDR3 1866Mhz was cheap as shit back then too, cheaper than DDR4 today.

The waterloop is custom. You are right that was probably closer to $1000 all told, but a AIO would have achieved similar results.

Nope. Hasn't suffered from electromigration yet, I got a low voltage on that overclock verses people with different steppings, won the silicon lottery.

And remember... That PC hasn't had to pay for 3x console generations of online, had to buy 3x console generations of accessories, had to rebuy re-released/remastered/enhanced games, that kinda' erodes the costs.

and yet you forgot to mention the power usage. That thing looks like it needs a ton of it and I wouldn't be shocked if console gaming was $100 cheaper... a year (depending on your local electricity prices and gaming time of course).

3 consoles generations lasting about 7 years each would result in $2100. Plenty of money to buy 3 generations of consoles and 21 years of Xbox Live.

Ryuu96 said:

Oh snap... 

But when? 

Around the Network

Imo MS needs to announce the Series S alongside a real next gen showpiece. Whether that's a Halo Infinite gameplay demo, or the next Forza Motorsport, but you gotta line up the best of last gen (One X), Series S, and Series X, have em all run something new and shiny, and highlight the actual practical differences gamers are going to see on these machines for games in the immediate future.

Show people what makes the Series S a notable next gen option, while still reminding everyone that there is in fact a very worthwhile premium out there for those who want the top of the line. All while yet still backing up their promise that people who aren't upgrading to next gen quite yet aren't going to be shortchanged on the games MS is promising them.

It's a fine line.

Pemalite said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Only around 1/3rd of PS4 users pay for online. I've owned almost every system since Atari. The only time I had to spend money on accessories was my Switch Pro controller, and $10 for PS1/2 Memory cards.

I have rebought a lot of Switch games that were on Wii U. But that was my own personal choice. My Wii U still runs fine. Otherwise money spend on remasters and rereleases might account for 2-3 games tops.

I think you've droped around 4k USD into the thing overall. It's basically started out as an extremist/monsterous level build on the logicalincrements.com chart.

Finally, most CPUs would have died by now.

But it's still pretty awesome and hilarious that  the thing is still running to this day, and will be able to beat a series X with a $700 USD GPU upgrade!

Also, in response to what you said way earlier...

The used games market is just as cheap as PC if not slightly cheaper. But we've been over that plenty of times before.

Ryuu96 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y32mKcAcUXk

Really good trailer. I never played in any of the betas, but I'm still looking forward to giving it a go.

That launch trailer makes me want to play a story driven co-op game set in this world lol

Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

My thoughts:

1. World's Edge logo is kind of meh, it's down near the bottom with some of the other pure font logos like 343, Obsidian, and Ninja Theory imo.

2. Renaming Mojang to Minecraft was a terrible decision

3. Top 5 best logos for me are Coalition, Double Fine, Turn 10, Compulsion, and Playground.

4. MS badly needs to rebrand Playground studio 2, it looks better for list wars that way xD Rename them to Lionhead.

5. Still hoping to see a few more new studios added to this list before the Xbox Series launch later this year. Give me another AAA studio and a JP studio or two MS!!!

1. Agreed.

2. Agreed, I also think it's low-key disrespectful, Lol.

4. Definitely agree, they aren't like 2nd studios others have which are basically assist hubs, it's entirely separate from the Racing team so I think it's justified, plus Lionhead is an awesome name.

5. Yeah, I'm hoping we can get to 18 at least, I doubt 20 is happening, we do have multiple rumours from Japan to Poland, if both pan out we'll be at 17, I personally think South Korea is a likely acquisition area too, I'm hoping 2 in Asia and 1 final AAA western company.

We need to agree on a tier system. The top 5, secondary 5, and the ones bringing up the rear. Just a thought.

343, Coalition, Playground, Ninja Theory, Obsidian are definitely the top 5. Id say Turn 10 but Sim racing isn’t as universally liked as the horizon series. Definitely tier 2 material, like #6. 

For acquisitions my gut is telling me Remedy and even Sega

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.