By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official March NPD Thread

Around the Network

absolutely great month for nintendo. ff7 & gow sales are dismal considering those two are surely some of the biggest releases in the psp's lifetime.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

bigjon said:
Didn't NDP release more than a top 10? Also where is there going to be the usual VGC/NDP comparison chart.

imo this was VGC best month for Software.

I was trying to get the chart up, but between eating and everything else, wasn't able to. Here it is:

ConsoleVGC
NPD (US)
NPD NA
 Difference
 Wii659,709
 721,000 793k-134k
 360 354,797 262,000  288k66k
 PS3 353,615 257,000282k 71k
 DS 677,229 698,000 767k-90k
 PSP 420,090 297,000326k 94k

VGC Data; NPD Data; NPD NA found by taking NPD (US) * 1.1

I guess everyone can STOP saying that we overtrack Wii all the time and undertrack PS3. Of course, it won't stop... 

I'd also like to quote this from the simExchange:

Both platforms underperformed the markets expectations, leading us to believe that the Wii and DS had directly taken market share from these two consoles.

Wii (and DS?) competing and taking away market share from the PS3 and 360. You don't say? 

Good one, Dolla.

The data proves once again that the PS3 is supply constrained, all the PS3 fans are waiting for those 80gb units and the bundles, if PS3 did not have supply problems then 500k each month in the US alone is not out of the question.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
The data proves once again that the PS3 is supply constrained, all the PS3 fans are waiting for those 80gb units and the bundles, if PS3 did not have supply problems then 500k each month in the US alone is not out of the question.

hehe... uh, no. even i can see the writing on the wall.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

leonsito from neogaf:

4 additional numbers from thesimexchange:

NR Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (PS3) 99,900
NR Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates 67,300
NR Bully: Scholarship Edition (Wii) 37,400
NR Hot Shots Golf (PS3) 36,200

Griffin said:

Ummm........500k a month?  I just shot milk out my nose.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Hahaha ! nice animation Dolla Dolla. I have to admit that the Nintendo family took everythink in March. Great Job Ninty...