By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official March NPD Thread

BCNR34 said:
OriGin said:
Griffin said:
The data proves once again that the PS3 is supply constrained, all the PS3 fans are waiting for those 80gb units and the bundles, if PS3 did not have supply problems then 500k each month in the US alone is not out of the question.

That's gotta be a blatent troll... how is that not ban worthy?

If you honestly believe that then you need to go to a mental hospital and get your head checked for delusion.

and yet no one said anything when people were predicting 250-750 million for wii's lifetime sales.

That is a bit of an exaggeration there. there were some people saying 250-350 million but not a lot and besides in a completely different point it is impossible to tell what future sales will be especially LTD this early on. This while extremely unlikely has a shred of possibility. The PS3 being supply constrained does not and the claim of 500K is completely ludicrous when 80 GBs are plentiful still. If he had said Wiis he wouldn't be laughed at or called or troll. If he had been sarcastic than ditto. If there was any logic there or if it was a 150 million LTD claim for the PS3 than he would of still been laughed at but have little basis to support it just like the 250 million Wiis claim.

Griffin if the 80 gigs sold that well don't you think Sony woudl be pumping them out. On this note I would buy the 60 GB BC one again since mine was stolen but I do like the BC since I live in SF and apartments are small there and don't feel like having 8 items hooked up.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
fastyxx said:
Griffin said:
The data proves once again that the PS3 is supply constrained, all the PS3 fans are waiting for those 80gb units and the bundles, if PS3 did not have supply problems then 500k each month in the US alone is not out of the question.

Ummm........500k a month? I just shot milk out my nose.

I predicted a little low and i can see you are surprised,  just the other day i was at 3 different stores and not one of them had a PS3 in stock.  This proves beyond any doubt that the PS3 is sold out at many stores if not all locations.  The PS3 will meet demand once GTA4 and MGS4 come out if Sony can get the system to the stores.

The PS3 is currently in stock at...

amazon.com
barnesandnoble.com
bestbuy.com
buy.com
circuitcity.com
gamestop.com
newegg.com
toysrus.com
walmart.com

...just to name a few places. Of course, the average consumer has probably never heard of any of these specialty retailers.

Do you think we'll here something about shortages in april?

redspear said:
BCNR34 said:
OriGin said:
Griffin said:

That's gotta be a blatent troll... how is that not ban worthy?

If you honestly believe that then you need to go to a mental hospital and get your head checked for delusion.

and yet no one said anything when people were predicting 250-750 million for wii's lifetime sales.

Griffin if the 80 gigs sold that well don't you think Sony woudl be pumping them out. On this note I would buy the 60 GB BC one again since mine was stolen but I do like the BC since I live in SF and apartments are small there and don't feel like having 8 items hooked up.

We already know the 80gb units were selling that well, if you look back at our charts you will see this.  Even Sony said they were surprised just how well the 80gb unit was selling, i can't remember the exact article this was in, but they did say it.  Or something very similar.

@BKK2: That seems like a trend indeed, I wasn't aware of that before. Thanks for the info!

Around the Network

HSG5 bombed :( Shame as it did poorly in Europe too. At least it's doing well in Japan.

PS3 RSV2 sold so poorly compared to the 360 version due to the first game being a crappy port on PS3.

bluesinG said:
Griffin said:
fastyxx said:
Griffin said:

Ummm........500k a month? I just shot milk out my nose.

I predicted a little low and i can see you are surprised, just the other day i was at 3 different stores and not one of them had a PS3 in stock. This proves beyond any doubt that the PS3 is sold out at many stores if not all locations. The PS3 will meet demand once GTA4 and MGS4 come out if Sony can get the system to the stores.

The PS3 is currently in stock at...

amazon.com
barnesandnoble.com
bestbuy.com
buy.com
circuitcity.com
gamestop.com
newegg.com
toysrus.com
walmart.com

...just to name a few places. Of course, the average consumer has probably never heard of any of these specialty retailers.

We are talking about 80gb units, which are sold out and will not hit stores until June last i heard when the MGS4 bundle will hit.

koffieboon said:
@BKK2: That seems like a trend indeed, I wasn't aware of that before. Thanks for the info!

Well, Wii has spoiled that trend for 2008.

I have to imagine that Griffin is just sarcastically parodying the 360 fans from the last two months.

BKK2 said:
HSG5 bombed :( Shame as it did poorly in Europe too. At least it's doing well in Japan.

PS3 RSV2 sold so poorly compared to the 360 version due to the first game being a crappy port on PS3.

But most of the current owners of PS3 didn''t have their PS3 when RSV1's crappy port came out.  I'd chalk it up to 360 owners will buy shooters like crazy because it's the reason so many bought them.  Plus RSV1 was one of those games that everyone played online, so there's pressure to get it so you can play with friends.    In this case, I'd say the PS3 peeps are smart, because RSV2 is kinda meh.  Doesn't advance much beyond the first IMO.  Glorified expansion.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?