By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official March NPD Thread

NPD article is up for anyone who may care.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

I just saw the sales numbers from IGN. VGChartz was close! Nice Job Brett!

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Griffin said:
bluesinG said:

The PS3 is currently in stock at...

amazon.com
barnesandnoble.com
bestbuy.com
buy.com
circuitcity.com
gamestop.com
newegg.com
toysrus.com
walmart.com

...just to name a few places. Of course, the average consumer has probably never heard of any of these specialty retailers.

We are talking about 80gb units, which are sold out and will not hit stores until June last i heard when the MGS4 bundle will hit.

So you're claiming that hundreds of thousands of people are in the process of waiting 2 months so that they can pay $50 extra and get a larger hard drive?

bluesinG said:
Griffin said:
bluesinG said:

amazon.com
barnesandnoble.com
bestbuy.com
buy.com
circuitcity.com
gamestop.com
newegg.com
toysrus.com
walmart.com

...just to name a few places. Of course, the average consumer has probably never heard of any of these specialty retailers.

We are talking about 80gb units, which are sold out and will not hit stores until June last i heard when the MGS4 bundle will hit.

So you're claiming that hundreds of thousands of people are in the process of waiting 2 months so that they can pay $50 extra and get a larger hard drive?

yes, its called the MGS4 bundle

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

PS3 RSV2 sales were worng, it still sold poorly, though.

Vegas 2 number is wrong.

[360 Guitar Hero III] = 121.2K
[360 Lost Odyssey] = 65K
[NDS FFCC: Rings of Fate] = 67.3K
[PS3 Hot Shots Golf 5] = 36.2K
[PS3 Rainbow Six Vegas 2] = 154.7K

Around the Network

some peole are waiting 80 gb and mgs 4 pack

these are from IGN:

Call of Duty 4 PS3+360 = 390k
Rock Band PS3+360 = 300k
Guitar Hero 3 All versions = 631k
MLB 2K8 All versions = 415k

Viking and Condemned 2 bombed pretty badly across the two platforms.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

bluesinG said:
Griffin said:
bluesinG said:

amazon.com
barnesandnoble.com
bestbuy.com
buy.com
circuitcity.com
gamestop.com
newegg.com
toysrus.com
walmart.com

From one of my friends that works electronics retail, several people decided not to get a PS3 after he told them about the bundle coming later.  I would expect some spring loading effect come June 12th.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

FishyJoe said:
So does anyone still want to predict 30m Wii total for 2008?

See my sig for my prediction made in Dec 07.

ssj12 said:
I just saw the sales numbers from IGN. VGChartz was close! Nice Job Brett!

Aw, thanks man...

"The next time someone tells you Compact Discs are the wave of the future, tell them the future doesn't belong to snails!" - Nintendo Power, April 1994