By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Game Award 2019 thread, XBOX SERIES X announced, possibly PS5 game tease according to Zhuge EX, Brand New Trailer FF7 Remake , No More Heroes Three Ghost Of Tsushima gameplay

Which game will win Game of The Year 2019

Control 6 11.76%

Death Stranding 13 25.49%

Resident Evil 2 Remake 9 17.65%

Sekiro :Shadow Die Twice 6 11.76%

Super Smash Bros Ultimate 14 27.45%

The Outer World 3 5.88%

Total:51

Interesting design for the next Xbox, I actually like it.
None of the Nominees interested me for GOTY, No DMC5, Luigi's Mansion, Gears 5 and 1 Finger Death Punch 2. So I didn't really care.
So was the PS5 game GodFall?

Around the Network
Hiku said:

The Ghost of Tsushima cover looks kinda nice

I honestly think it's one of the best ones I've seen.

PAOerfulone said:
Honestly, out of all the Game Award shows we've gotten. This one was the worst. But that may be just me.

You think one of them was at least okay? Gaming shows don't have a window to be cool, tbh. Video games are mostly a reclusive activity, and seeing a bunch of people making a "celebration" around them is... odd. Furthermore, this huge ad disguised as a show takes way too long. Who honestly believes that anything over 2.5 hours is watchable, especially in these contexts? 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I liked the show. I wasn't expecting Sekiro to win at all. The trailer for Ghost of Tsushima was great.

Metallox said:
PAOerfulone said:
Honestly, out of all the Game Award shows we've gotten. This one was the worst. But that may be just me.

You think one of them was at least okay? Gaming shows don't have a window to be cool, tbh. Video games are mostly a reclusive activity, and seeing a bunch of people making a "celebration" around them is... odd. Furthermore, this huge ad disguised as a show takes way too long. Who honestly believes that anything over 2.5 hours is watchable, especially in these contexts? 

What does that even mean? Pretty much all forms of entertainment have award shows. The fact that you find it odd that we once a year show our appreciation to the people who makes our hobby possible is the odd thing here.

Around the Network

The clapping was faked lol!

https://clips.twitch.tv/TransparentTolerantFishNotLikeThis

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

KLXVER said:
Metallox said:

What does that even mean? Pretty much all forms of entertainment have award shows. The fact that you find it odd that we once a year show our appreciation to the people who makes our hobby possible is the odd thing here.

Perhaps, I don't know. Awards make more sense to me in other forms of media, though. Not in games, not in the format and background of these awards, at least. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
PAOerfulone said:

Ummmmmmm... I guess the people that made it believed it was watchable?  And the people who watched it?

Outside of Bravely Default 2, next gen Xbox, the Ghosts of Tsushima trailer, and Reggie’s speech this show really didn’t have anything going for it.

No big announcements or reveals, so many commercials, and they glossed over the awards so fast and clearly didn't care about those (Best RPG, best soundtrack, and best fighting game all on the pre-show?) This was a problem last year too, but it’s especially glaring here when there’s no “Joker in Smash”, Breath of the Wild trailer, or Mortal Kombat 11 reveal type of announcements to lift it up.

It may be called the Game Awards, and while it’s great to honor and recognize the industry and the people within it, it’s become just as important to showcase what’s coming as it is to celebrate what is here. And what was here was... not much.

Ah well. Disappointed that the new Smash character wasn't announced, but I only have myself to blame for that. Didn't really watch most of the awards, and just waited for the trailers to drop to check them out. Didn't really care about the awards, so just skipped the awards part. If you chose to watch the whole award show and were bored that there wasn't much besides... awards being announced, I kind of feel like you just have yourself to blame.