By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Game Award 2019 thread, XBOX SERIES X announced, possibly PS5 game tease according to Zhuge EX, Brand New Trailer FF7 Remake , No More Heroes Three Ghost Of Tsushima gameplay

Which game will win Game of The Year 2019

Control 6 11.76%

Death Stranding 13 25.49%

Resident Evil 2 Remake 9 17.65%

Sekiro :Shadow Die Twice 6 11.76%

Super Smash Bros Ultimate 14 27.45%

The Outer World 3 5.88%

Total:51

Pretty clear that there is a bias against Nintendo, all their awards were done low key and quickly (and for some popular games/categories at that!).

Xbox reveal was cool, not sure about the design and the name is kind of meh/weak.

Game of the Year should have been Smash, how many rehash copycat one player games do we need? Nintendo should have had at minimum Fire Emblem in the running for game of the year as well (and possibly Luigi’s Mansion).

FF7 remake looks pretty but boring and even less impressed with that Ghost game. Seriously, another stupid 1 player action adventure game... is that all Microsoft/Sony can come with anymore is shooters and copycat action adventure games? That new Gears game looked more fun than any other announcement from Sony/Microsoft.

Oh, also, excited for the Phoenix expansion as long as it is done right.

Nintendo with the Switch:

Around the Network

The threads after the show have been infinitely more entertaining than the actual show itself. Why did Nintendo tweet to watch when they didn't really announce anything? I really thought RE2 was going to win GotY, so that was a surprise.

Even more bizarre with how Nintendo was treated with them winning some major categories with top selling games and yet not one was brought to the main stage for presentation.

scottslater said:
Even more bizarre with how Nintendo was treated with them winning some major categories with top selling games and yet not one was brought to the main stage for presentation.

It seems they didn't send anyone, haha. Reggie doesn't work for them anymore. I bet that's why their winning categories were shoved to the side.

Doug Bowser was there, he got the award during the “pre-show” for Smash winning Fighting Game of the Year!

Around the Network
scottslater said:
Game of the Year should have been Smash, 

Nope, the winner could not be more spot on. Sekiro is the mix of From's own ideas aaaand… some normal gameplay.

Well, what a pleasant surprise that Disco Elysium got few awards, it's really very unique experience, narrative RPG born out of many years that devs spent playing pen&paper RPG set in that world.

Smash was robbed from GotY.

Bravely 2 was nice, NMH3 too. The rest.. uninteresting show.

Medisti said:
scottslater said:

It seems they didn't send anyone, haha. Reggie doesn't work for them anymore. I bet that's why their winning categories were shoved to the side.

Bowser was there and gave a speech after Smash won best fighting game.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

This show is shit, I should have gone to sleep after the Xbox seX. Nothing else worthwhile was announced, just a bunch of future flops that even the developers seemed to know it would flop the way they talked. Well, at least now I've watched it and know it.