By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - NSFW Discussion - Tinder worth paying for?

Is it worth paying for?

Yep! 5 8.62%

No! 53 91.38%

Total:58
curl-6 said:
Ended up getting a month impulsively as I'm desperate for anything to keep my mind off the tumor.
I've had my profile redone several times by friends to try to make it better but I think I'm simply too ugly to ever get any real success.

I havent heard any updates on your prognosis, but I sincerely hope it's a positive one. 

Now, as far as your second part of your comment... a little self confidence goes a long, long way. I'm not a 10, but I've always had self confidence... I guess being 6' 4" and 210 helps.. sorry, anyway.... 

You seem like a good dude, and that goes a long way. Be more straightforward, more blunt and say what you want to say. Dont beat around the Bush. When you describe yourself, describe yourself in a positive way, no matter what. 

I hope everything works out... in both areas of your life. Take care of yourself. That's the most important thing. 

Around the Network
SwitchUP said:
curl-6 said:
Ended up getting a month impulsively as I'm desperate for anything to keep my mind off the tumor.
I've had my profile redone several times by friends to try to make it better but I think I'm simply too ugly to ever get any real success.

I havent heard any updates on your prognosis, but I sincerely hope it's a positive one. 

Now, as far as your second part of your comment... a little self confidence goes a long, long way. I'm not a 10, but I've always had self confidence... I guess being 6' 4" and 210 helps.. sorry, anyway.... 

You seem like a good dude, and that goes a long way. Be more straightforward, more blunt and say what you want to say. Dont beat around the Bush. When you describe yourself, describe yourself in a positive way, no matter what. 

I hope everything works out... in both areas of your life. Take care of yourself. That's the most important thing. 

Thanks man. At the moment prognosis seems fairly good; my PET scans earlier this month said it hadn't spread beyond the primary tumor, and I'm currently midway through a course of radiation therapy. 

Date tonight went okay; just got home. Her English was great so it was much easier to communicate and we had a good ol' chat. Dunno if she likes me in "that" way, though I get the sense she's looking for something more serious and long term, which I'm not given the circumstances. If nothing else I think at least we could be friends.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 29 January 2020

Most guys on dating apps waste too much time for little or no response. Online dating is still regarded as anti-social and does not develop you as a person. It is hard to tell the difference between real or fake accounts on dating apps. I have seen some of the videos of random guys offering nonsense advice on dating apps or they push sleazy pick up/game cold approach that does not work. It is best to spend time earning money or doing hobbies you enjoy than wasting time or money on things that do not work.

curl-6 said:
SwitchUP said:

Thanks man. At the moment prognosis seems fairly good; my PET scans earlier this month said it hadn't spread beyond the primary tumor, and I'm currently midway through a course of radiation therapy. 

Date tonight went okay; just got home. Her English was great so it was much easier to communicate and we had a good ol' chat. Dunno if she likes me in "that" way, though I get the sense she's looking for something more serious and long term, which I'm not given the circumstances. If nothing else I think at least we could be friends.

That's awesome man. I'm truly happy to hear that theres positive news as far as that goes. I nearly lost my mom when I was 15.... it destroyed me... but that old Portuguese woman wouldnt be stopped, haha. Thank god... I dont know what I'd have done without my mom... shes the most amazing person I've ever known.... anyway, I'm glad things are looking good for you. Keep your head up, and always try to be upbeat... I know... sometimes easier said than done. 

I'm happy that you're having some good times with the dating.... but, if I may say one thing... and I'm not trying to over step here.... unless you just dont want anything long term, just because you dont, then that's all good.... but if you do, regardless of what's happening.... dont prevent yourself from the happiness you deserve. If you meet a good woman, and you're thinking... shit, she could be the one.... as long as she knows what you're up against.... go for it. 

Here's to an amazing and prosperous future for you my friend. God is with you.... and so am i... for what its worth.

SwitchUP said:
curl-6 said:

That's awesome man. I'm truly happy to hear that theres positive news as far as that goes. I nearly lost my mom when I was 15.... it destroyed me... but that old Portuguese woman wouldnt be stopped, haha. Thank god... I dont know what I'd have done without my mom... shes the most amazing person I've ever known.... anyway, I'm glad things are looking good for you. Keep your head up, and always try to be upbeat... I know... sometimes easier said than done. 

I'm happy that you're having some good times with the dating.... but, if I may say one thing... and I'm not trying to over step here.... unless you just dont want anything long term, just because you dont, then that's all good.... but if you do, regardless of what's happening.... dont prevent yourself from the happiness you deserve. If you meet a good woman, and you're thinking... shit, she could be the one.... as long as she knows what you're up against.... go for it. 

Here's to an amazing and prosperous future for you my friend. God is with you.... and so am i... for what its worth.

Thanks man. I nearly lost my Mum to cancer back in 2012-2014, so I know the feeling.

As far as dating, if I did indeed meet someone absolutely amazing you I could see myself going long term with, and they wanted that too, I would go for it. It's just that in general I'd rather go for casual short term dating atm as it's less stressful and I have so much stress already. 

Last edited by curl-6 - on 02 February 2020

Around the Network

You get the boost of being a new account but after a while you disappear as new accounts are made all the time. It makes no sense to pay for boosts or to upgrade account when you can simply create a new account + new photos + filters and get the new account boost on the dating app. Photos need to show boat wealth and success to appear attractive and interesting. You must create the impression of living a great life and it would be an honour for them to date you. 

Last edited by Phoenix20 - on 03 February 2020

Phoenix20 said:
You get the boost of being a new account but after a while you disappear as new accounts are made all the time. It makes no sense to pay for boosts or to upgrade account when you can simply create a new account + new photos + filters and get the new account boost on the dating app. Photos need to show boat wealth and success: suit pic, sports car, yacht, on a tropical island holiday, scuba diving or rock climbing, etc to appear attractive and interesting. You must create the impression of living a great life and it would be an honour for them to date you.

I don't have a yacht or a sports car, and I've never scuba dived, been rock climbing, or visited the tropics in my life.

Last edited by Phoenix20 - on 12 February 2020

Phoenix20 said:

The first man is a delusional simp. Every possible mistake was made. Paying 10 grand just to communicate with a picture (or hooker) online, not asking for an irl date immediately and going for a woman with overly edited images.

The second experiment should be repeated with an average man and woman.

Last edited by numberwang - on 13 February 2020

Years and years ago before marriage I used to use some dating sites, they were free. They worked, but most of the time the chemistry just wasn't good. IMO, it's better to meet women in person at a party or a club, it's easier to meet up with someone compatible. 30-60 seconds of talking in person is better than days of online exchanges.

Of course, I don't know what the club scene is like now. Got 4 kids now, my clubbin' days are over like a seal hunter gone vegan.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.