Forums - NSFW Discussion - Tinder worth paying for?

Is it worth paying for?

Yep! 3 8.82%
 
No! 31 91.18%
 
Total:34

Last edited by Phoenix20 - on 20 January 2020

Around the Network
Dyotropic said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Step 1 and 2 yes.(but you do not need to be a semi Brad Pitt,healthy looking is always good)

Being wealthy is not needed and Tinder does work but only gives frequent hits for the good looking.

Bolded: You must have had some bad experiences to be so pessimistic about it,and a shallow way to look at women.

Immersiveunreality said:

Step 1 and 2 yes.(but you do not need to be a semi Brad Pitt,healthy looking is always good)

Being wealthy is not needed and Tinder does work but only gives frequent hits for the good looking.

Bolded: You must have had some bad experiences to be so pessimistic about it,and a shallow way to look at women.

Yes, I am now in the top 5% of men. I wasn't until recently. I followed those steps above. 

Pictures are required to validate this claim.



Signature goes here!

Facebook/snapchat/insta or POF/OKC or Youtube may be better than Tinder to set up dates.
Knowing what to say and not stuff up the date by being nervous, neutral, friendly, trying to suck up and failing to create any chemistry/spark.
It is a lot of work and one step goes wrong and it is all over.
There must be a script or an easy way to get dates and then some how appear charming and create chemistry/spark.

The confidence/charm coaches seem less aggressive than the Pick Up Artists dubious techniques. I doubt that this will work because it is vague and not properly explained like the other techniques these sales people present. Buy their program, trust their advice and hope it works out in the real world. 

Last edited by Phoenix20 - on 20 January 2020

I met the girl who I ended up marrying when I was 19; she lived on my dormitory floor and I got to know her while at a house party one night. That was roughly 12 years ago now, but I look back very fondly on those days.

It's weird how dating apps were looked down upon back then compared to now, where it's become socially acceptable to use them.

I've always been curious how well I'd fare on a dating site; in theory it sounds fairly simple, but my guess is that there are a lot more men using it than women.

Best of luck.



Well, bizarrely, in the past two days I managed to start talking to two different women on OKCupid. It never rains then it pours. 

Both grew up overseas; I've noticed a pattern with this (2 out of 3 women I've been with in my life were foreign) and I think that with women from other cultures my social awkwardness is somewhat drowned out by the usual awkwardness of a mild language barrier and cultural differences.

One of them, a girl from Japan, has agreed to a date this weekend; I think I got in her good books by talking to her in what rudimentary Japanese I remember from my time there as an exchange student and studying it at high school.

Open to any and all pointers haha

Last edited by curl-6 - on 28 January 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Well, bizarrely, in the past two days I managed to start talking to two different women on OKCupid. It never rains then it pours. 

Both grew up overseas; I've noticed a pattern with this (2 out of 3 women I've been with in my life were foreign) and I think that with women from other cultures my social awkwardness if somewhat drowned out by the usual awkwardness of a mild language barrier and cultural differences.

One of them, a girl from Japan, has agreed to a date this weekend; I think I got in her good books by talking to her in what rudimentary Japanese I remember from my time there as an exchange student and studying it at high school.

Open to any and all pointers haha

Tough position to be in, you can only attract women of different background and language barrier.

You are doing better than quite a few of us guys online and you are attracting some interest from women.

Have you tried messaging or approaching ugly or older women of your own cultural background? More attractive a woman is the more attention she receives from guys.

I find approachable women are friendly at first but they play hard to get,  send mixed signals and I just walk away. I do not know how to handle the mixed signals and playing hard to get and past experiences have ended in rejection. It is easier to just walk away.

Last edited by Phoenix20 - on 21 January 2020

Phoenix20 said:
curl-6 said:

Well, bizarrely, in the past two days I managed to start talking to two different women on OKCupid. It never rains then it pours. 

Both grew up overseas; I've noticed a pattern with this (2 out of 3 women I've been with in my life were foreign) and I think that with women from other cultures my social awkwardness if somewhat drowned out by the usual awkwardness of a mild language barrier and cultural differences.

One of them, a girl from Japan, has agreed to a date this weekend; I think I got in her good books by talking to her in what rudimentary Japanese I remember from my time there as an exchange student and studying it at high school.

Open to any and all pointers haha

Tough position to be in, you can only attract women of different background and language barrier.

You are doing better than quite a few of us guys online and you are attracting some interest from women.

Have you tried messaging or approaching ugly or older women of your own cultural background? More attractive a woman is the more attention she receives from guys.

I find approachable women are friendly at first but they play hard to get,  send mixed signals and I just walk away. I do not know how to handle the mixed signals and playing hard to get and past experiences have ended in rejection. It is easier to just walk away.

I don't mind dating women from different cultural backgrounds. On the other hand, if a woman isn't attractive to me, I don't see the point.

At any rate, right now I'm quite happy to see where things go with these two women I'm currently talking to. :)

Last edited by curl-6 - on 21 January 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Texting is one of the hardest parts and is so easy to stuff up.
Texting principles are as follows:
1. Be DIRECT when asking her to meet up...
2. Don't double text her...
3. Send her ONE text after your date...
4. Let her text be the last one if you can...
5. Don't try to build RAPPRT via texting...
6. Keep it LIGHT... avoid serious topics, no ultimatums/demands, Avoid all CAPS..
7. Send a text and then go do something else...
8. DO NOT text her "Good Morning Beautiful" every morning



Yeah I do find the texting stage very difficult, very often on the rare occasion I do get a match on a dating site, things tend to peter out in this phase before I can get as far as a date. I'm just really bad at knowing the right thing to say to women, I'm socially awkward af.

Still, as with most things in life I just keep throwing myself into it hoping I'll get better with practice haha



Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.