By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Of The Year Blog 2019 - Death Stranding Still Leads - But RE2 Storming Back!

What Is Your 2019 Game Of The Year?

Death Stranding 25 34.25%

RE2: Remake 12 16.44%

Sekiro 6 8.22%

Fire Emblem 16 21.92%

Devil May Cry 5 4 5.48%

Super Mario Maker 2 3 4.11%

Pokemon Sword & Shield 1 1.37%

Days Gone 2 2.74%

Gears Of War 5 2 2.74%

Control 2 2.74%

Total:73

No Dragon Quest XI? Is that because it released in Japan last year already? Otherwise I consider this a giant oversight.

On the other hand, I'm happy Untitled Goose game got a vote, didn't expect that.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
No Dragon Quest XI? Is that because it released in Japan last year already? Otherwise I consider this a giant oversight.

It released in Japan in 2017, Western release on PS4/PC was 2018.

It could earn Switch GOTY this year, but I think it'd be a bit much to be a valid contender for overall goty two years running. xD

Bofferbrauer2 said:

On the other hand, I'm happy Untitled Goose game got a vote, didn't expect that.

I don't think they consider late ports for GOTY.

I'm happy with Death Standing or Control taking the most awards. Excellent picks overall.

Let us see what TGA brings tomorrow as well.

My favorite game this year have been RE2. But considering it is a remake I would choose GOTY on something new and that would be Death Stranding, I liked it and yes it was fun.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

It takes me 3 - 4 months to playthrough a game until either completion or satisfaction, so I think there's room for 2, maybe even 3 titles as GOTY.

But, that's just me. ❤️😉❤️

[edit: I intentionally slow-play a game I love/really like to stretch out the experience for as long as possible.  Since it's so great, why not make it last as long as possible?]

Last edited by Mospeada21CA - on 11 December 2019

Unless we're counting Dragon Quest XI S as a new release rather than just as a port, my vote goes to Fire Emblem. I've had a great year on Switch.

Death stranding by far. To me it goes beyond a game, it feels like a real world when I load up the screen, participating.  Rarely games evoke that feeling. The last to do this was demons souls and shadow of colossus remake.

Last edited by KratosLives - on 12 December 2019

Updated standings ahead of the Game Awards tonight.

Seems like the Game Awards were pretty spot on with their GOTY nominees judging from the game sites.