By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Of The Year Blog 2019 - Death Stranding Still Leads - But RE2 Storming Back!

What Is Your 2019 Game Of The Year?

Death Stranding 25 34.25%

RE2: Remake 12 16.44%

Sekiro 6 8.22%

Fire Emblem 16 21.92%

Devil May Cry 5 4 5.48%

Super Mario Maker 2 3 4.11%

Pokemon Sword & Shield 1 1.37%

Days Gone 2 2.74%

Gears Of War 5 2 2.74%

Control 2 2.74%

Total:73

The year is coming to an end - and publications are deciding on their 2019 game of the year.

There's a website that has been tracking the consensus GOTY winners since 2003 - here's a link

https://gotypicks.blogspot.com/

Updated standings:  Death Stranding sitting comfortably in the lead at 67- followed by Resident Evil 2 at 54 and Sekiro at 47.

Critics' Picks are neck and neck - only 4 picks separating the 3 above.  Should come down to the wire.

* The Winners of this year *

Death Stranding - 73

The Critics' Picks - 47

The Readers' Picks - 26

Resident Evil 2 - 67

The Critics' Picks - 49

The Readers' Picks - 18

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - 48

The Critics' Picks - 41

The Readers' Picks - 7

Control - 24

The Critics' Picks - 24

The Readers' Picks -

Disco Elysium - 14

The Critics' Picks - 14

The Readers' Picks -

Fire Emblem: Three Houses - 8

The Outer Worlds - 8

Outer Wilds - 6

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - 6

Devil May Cry 5 - 5

Metro Exodus - 5

A Plague Tale: Innocence - 4

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 4

Astral Chain - 2

Days Gone - 2

Gears 5 - 2

Judgment - 2

Super Mario Maker 2 - 2

Untitled Goose Game - 2

Baba Is You - 1

FIFA 20 - 1

Luigi's Mansion 3 - 1

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - 1

Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield - 1

Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC - 1

Spirit Hunter: NG - 1

Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair - 1

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim - 1

Last edited by Zombie9ers - on 16 January 2020

Around the Network

I'm going with REMake 2 as well. I could see this year being one where there's not one game pulling off a crushing victory like God of War and Breath of the Wild did in 2018 and 2017.

Signature goes here!

Astral Chain

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I want to pick Super Smash Bros Ultimate. It released so late in 2018 that it missed most of the awards, but it's better than anything listed this year.

Good. Death Stranding deserves it far and above any other game.

Around the Network

Tells me two things.

One, reminds me why i don’t take this blog seriously with reader polls being counted. Two, damn I really need to just buy Control and play it.

TruckOSaurus said:
I'm going with REMake 2 as well. I could see this year being one where there's not one game pulling off a crushing victory like God of War and Breath of the Wild did in 2018 and 2017.

Yep, pretty much this!

I can see it being an almost 3-way tie between the likes of Death Stranding, RE2 and perhaps Sekiro.

I don't know, but for me it's an EASY pick for RE2. No doubt about it. That game is designed masterfully with some of the best damn graphics I have seen this gen, amazing atmosphere and sound and totally engaging gameplay.

If Death Stranding takes it, then wow I will be totally surprised. 

I'm between Fire Emblem, Astral Chain and Death Stranding.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
LudicrousSpeed said:
Tells me two things.

One, reminds me why i don’t take this blog seriously with reader polls being counted. Two, damn I really need to just buy Control and play it.

I'd take reader poll results any day over some of these so called video game "journalist" websites.

Take IGN for example - they got busted for completely plagiarizing other website reviews.   Don't see how anyone could ever take them serious as a respectable review site.

DS is the easy pick, control and FE followed