By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 10th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU! I DONT CARE ABOUT CHRISTMAS BUT I AM HAPPY ABOUT IT.

Half-life 2 (PC)

Best shooter ever! hands down! This game is an experience in itself.

Metal gear solid 4: Guns of the patriots (PS3)

I'm sorry for some fans but this one takes the palm for me. The address is on another plane. The cinematography and general content are very rich.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's mask (N64)

A very different game when it came out. I think its difference made me and I have not been able to forget it since then.

Silent Hill 2 (PS2)

I expected to be good and my standards were very high, the incredible thing is that it surpassed those standards which is already difficult and also made me read about psychology and look for more information. When a work is so good, the result is that it makes you want to know more about it.

Around the Network

#10 - Chrono Trigger (SNES): I rented this game when I was around 9 years old. I couldn't even understand english back then, but I loved it anyway. Some years later, I could finally play it for real. This is one of the best RPGs ever made, and one of the best games I ever played. It deserves to be called a masterpiece.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
S.Peelman said:
Second hint;

#8: Objectively speaking, this game is probably not the best game in this franchise anymore, everyone knows it, but my nostalgia for the N64 in this particular case is too strong.
#8 (Hint): The newest game in this series even has a remake of the ultimate track from my game. A good remake, but it doesn't feel the same.

8.  Mario Kart 64?

That is correct.

Dark Soul III (PlayStation 4)

Change From Last Year: -1

Dark Souls is in my opinion the best series of video games from the last decade, and the second best game series of all time behind Final Fantasy. No other series has ever managed to instill in me the same feeling of accomplishment and discover as Dark Souls. From the first game on every entry has been absolutely stellar, and Dark Souls III was the perfect way to cap off the series. All three games have their own strengths and weaknesses, but on balance, III is probably the best game on average, even if its not quite my favourite in the series. 

From the perfectly balanced gameplay, the best bosses in the series, to the wonderfully crafted lore and world, I love everything about Dark Souls III. Seeing the series (supposedly) end was a bittersweet feeling, but if this really is the end, then at least it was a great way to do so.

My Most Recent Articles:

1. The $70 Lie

2. Video Game Music Spotlight #16: Exploring the World

3. Forgotten Gems #11: Uniracers/Unirally

For my non-video game related writings you can check my blog below.

Latest Post: Disney Canon: Dumbo (1941)

Guessed by The_Liquid_Laser

Okay, okay, for once I'll admit that for this particular Nintendo 64 game, 'nostalgia' is a very big reason why I still hold it in such a high esteem. Objectively, I couldn't deny that Mario Kart 8, the newest game in the series, is surely better. But, beside that this game is beyond fun in its own right, this one is attached to a personally meaningful event. I have mentioned this here before, but this game is in my mind tied to "family". This is the game we were playing the last time my family was together. After this, due to drama and worse, most of that family doesn't exist anymore. But the memory remains, and no other game, or even no other 'thing', can claim to be attached to such an important memory.

Around the Network

#7: Even though it's never explicitly mentioned in the game, in the manual or anywhere else, I'm pretty sure, given the architecture of the buildings you build, the theme of trading spices and more importantly, the year it's set in combination with said trading of spices, that it's actually about my country; Holland. But, this could also just be my pride talking.

Hey, y'all. I've been away these past couple days, and will likely be constantly away from now on, because, well. But I got some quick time to get some hints out, let's go. By the way, merry Christmas!

#8 - The only game in this long-running franchise whose name's first word isn't the series name - meaning it's quite annoying when you're listing the games on the spreadsheet, since this one's elsewhere in the alphabetical order! Of course, I can't be too annoyed because it's such a great game.

#7 - The whole story is only possible because of the actions of one guy who, for whatever unexplained reason, is extremely tall.

mZuzek said:

Hey, y'all. I've been away these past couple days, and will likely be constantly away from now on, because, well. But I got some quick time to get some hints out, let's go. By the way, merry Christmas!

#8 - The only game in this long-running franchise whose name's first word isn't the series name - meaning it's quite annoying when you're listing the games on the spreadsheet, since this one's elsewhere in the alphabetical order! Of course, I can't be too annoyed because it's such a great game.

#7 - The whole story is only possible because of the actions of one guy who, for whatever unexplained reason, is extremely tall.

#7: Pokemon X/Y

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [1], [2], [3], [4]

mZuzek said:

(I'm probably wrong but idc)

Last edited by Ultrashroomz - on 24 December 2019

S.Peelman said:

#7: Even though it's never explicitly mentioned in the game, in the manual or anywhere else, I'm pretty sure, given the architecture of the buildings you build, the theme of trading spices and more importantly, the year it's set in combination with said trading of spices, that it's actually about my country; Holland. But, this could also just be my pride talking.

Sid Meier's Pirates?

mZuzek said:

8.  Super Mario Party?