By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 10th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

And finally, the best game of all time!

Hint 1: Fight against lion centaurs.

Around the Network
Flilix said:

Breath of the Wild

The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360)

One of the most impressive titles I've ever played, I could talk for hours about why I like it so much.

Castlevania: Symphony of the night (PS1)

Oh my, this touched my heart, I love every corner of this game.

God of war 2018 (PS4)

Another one that entered my heart and mind directly, I had chills in each scene.

Okami (PS2)

The number 6 and 5 make me very emotional, but this makes me cry, I don't care!!

S.Peelman said:

Guessed by Flilix

I still agree with Metacritic on this one, even after 21 years. I was there when it came out, probably the very first game I was really hyped about, and I haven't been as hyped as back then for anything since. I used to draw pictures of the game's box art so I could show it to family members hoping one of them would buy me this game. I needn't look far, because my mother had gotten it for Christmas. That box still has a prominent spot on my shelf. The game didn't disappoint, it's like if Miyamoto, Koizumi and Aonuma visited me personally at my house to ask what I want in a video game, because this one hits all the right notes. A large, open yet structured world with varied locations and tons of secrets to find and people to see, level and character designs above and beyond what you'd merely call 'inspired', a memorable soundtrack from start to finish and to top it off, the most epic scene ever in a video game. When I first opened the Door of Time, and there beyond lay a serene hexagonal chamber, empty with but a single ray of sunlight shining upon the pedestal that holds a legendary sword that had slept for ages; the Master Sword. And then you take it. If 'Super Mario 64' (#3) was "perfect", then what is better than perfect? It is surely 'Ocarina of Time'.

Yaaaas! I love you happy new year LOL

and now my Best 3 games of all time

Super Mario World (SNES)

I can't believe a game like this exist. That's all

Chrono Trigger (SNES)

Best story I have ever seen and the best way to keep a story I've seen.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time (N64)

This is the short version: PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

Freespace 2 (PC)

Change From Last Year: =

The only game in my top 50 that wasn't guessed by anyone, and I'm honestly not that surprised about it, even if it is a bit sad just how forgotten Freespace 2 is these days. What elevates Freespace 2 above other games of its kind is the constant feeling of unpredictability you have during the game's campaign, with ambushes and unexpected happenings often interrupting missions. Yet, the events never feel illogical, as there's always some kind of build-up or follow-up that explains everything. The story in general is still one of the best ever in video games, with a wonderful sense of mystery surrounding the alien race that returns after 32 years of silence to once again attack the humans and their allies.

The sad part of it all is that the game ends on a cliffhanger that will most likely never be resolved. The changing landscape of PC gaming effectively killed the series, and although space combat games have made a return since then, I doubt any developer or publisher has the interest in bringing Freespace back anymore.

Link_knight30 said:

Yaaaas! I love you happy new year LOL

Hey thanks.

Happy new year to you as well!

And to everyone else!

#02 - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island: This is another game that made my childhood. I used to rent it a lot, but later I got it from a store. Yoshi's Island is a game that pushed the SNES to its limits. The graphics and soundtrack are awesome, and the gameplay is very fast and filled with action. Getting 100% in every level is a true challenge. One of the most incredible 2D games ever.

#01 - It's easy: Just look below this text.

S.Peelman said:
Flilix said:

Breath of the Wild

Correct and happy New Year!!