By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Barack Obama powerslams Woke culture

Trump could learn a thing or two from Obama on how to give decent speeches about sensitive matters like this,this is the kind of talk can achieve making people realize to maybe be a bit more constructive about what they think is right or and less selfish because preaching good does not say a person means to do good things.

Around the Network

Obama is now canceled lol. 

But seriously - Even Barack gets it. This shit is lynch mobs for the digital age. I've been mobbed on twitter before for a harmless joke and it's not too fun. Axed my entire account for a few days to allow the shit to chill out and came back in under the radar with an entirely new tag and pic. It went away then but I was still super depressed, took probably a week to shake myself out of it. Twitter is little more than an enabler of bullying and mob culture. 

I'm pretty much the furthest person from a Christian or religious person in general but I am fond of the phrase "let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Last edited by DarthMetalliCube - on 02 November 2019

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

EricHiggin said:
EricHiggin said:

I've had more than a few woman tell me over the years that they would never hire a man to babysit their kids, aside from a well trusted family member that is. Growing up, my parents never let a man babysit my brother and I. It was always a woman, and fairly young woman sometimes. I have little doubt that was mostly mom's decision, as she hardly trusted our own father, and for no good reason really. The difference with dad is that you just weren't pampered constantly, which apparently was oh so horrible as far as she was concerned.

Not only that, but my close friends who have kids, have never asked me to babysit, or the other guys, yet our female friends always do. If I were an idiot, or untrustworthy, or the guy who fails at anything he attempts, then that would be a no brainer, but the only thing that makes any sense is they also believe it's in their child's best interests to have females taking care of them. Not like it matters personally because not having to babysit isn't a loss for me at all, plus I myself don't necessarily disagree, as I personally feel woman are much better at taking care of children in general.

I wouldn't see the logic in complaining that there's a gender gap in taking care of kids, and if men were doing a worse job when they were, then they would deserve to be paid less. If they don't want to accept less, then they likely won't end up getting hired at all.

Chrkeller said:
Comparing a high paying STEM job to babysitting.... wow. Some people are just special. I especially like the "sexism doesn't exist and it is ok to purposely not hire based on gender" argument. That isn't a paradox in the slightest.

I don't see where I said sexism doesn't exist. I did say some people clearly exhibit sexism, and based on the case, I don't see the problem at times.

Are you suggesting STEM workers are more important or better than babysitters? That sounds an awful lot like woman are better than men, or vice versa. I take it part of a STEM interview is being asked if you've ever babysat, and if so, you won't be getting hired because you're clearly not part of the elite? What good is a future in the STEM field as a gifted child, if your babysitter is incompetent and causes you serious harm that jeopardizes that future?

You are right about it not being a paradox though.

I'm suggesting being blocked from a full time life long career because of gender isn't the same as being blocked from a temporary part time job.  I assume you understand the difference....  though I kind of doubt you do.  

And yes it is a paradox.  "Gender discrimination doesn't exist and we should be able to make our workplace female free because of antiquated stereotypes" is straight up contradicting.  The latter part literally invalidates the former part.  We both know this.  Or at least I do.  If you don't, well than I got nothing for you.  Because that would be a whole level of blindness that I cannot fix.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 02 November 2019

Chrkeller said:
EricHiggin said:

I don't see where I said sexism doesn't exist. I did say some people clearly exhibit sexism, and based on the case, I don't see the problem at times.

Are you suggesting STEM workers are more important or better than babysitters? That sounds an awful lot like woman are better than men, or vice versa. I take it part of a STEM interview is being asked if you've ever babysat, and if so, you won't be getting hired because you're clearly not part of the elite? What good is a future in the STEM field as a gifted child, if your babysitter is incompetent and causes you serious harm that jeopardizes that future?

You are right about it not being a paradox though.

I'm suggesting being blocked from a full time life long career because of gender isn't the same as being blocked from a temporary part time job.  I assume you understand the difference....  though I kind of doubt you do.  

And yes it is a paradox.  "Gender discrimination doesn't exist and we should be able to make our workplace female free because of antiquated stereotypes" is straight up contradicting.  The latter part literally invalidates the former part.  We both know this.  Or at least I do.  If you don't, well than I got nothing for you.  Because that would be a whole level of blindness that I cannot fix.  

Well babysitting, or more career based I guess you could say, day/child care, can also be a full time career. I still think that you are of the opinion that certain careers are more important than others, which has some truth to it, but many jobs, part time or full blown careers, are just as important as others, even though they may not seem like it. That's not to say STEM careers are useless or anything like that, clearly they are very useful, but they do not put people on a pedestal in reality, even though some individuals may think that to be the case. People tend to see life as a pyramid, when it's truly a circle.

Wanting a career that you can't have because of your gender, is like a man wanting to be able to birth a child and be a 'private career parent'. It doesn't matter how much he dreams of it and wants it, it's not going to naturally happen (other than due to surgical/medical advancements eventually possibly). Now if the world changes and allows this, then that's a choice people have to make, but until that time comes, all you can do is stand behind whatever will bring that to fruition, logically explain why you are doing so, and hope people agree and follow suit.

The world has changed dramatically already and doors have opened for woman. All those woman have to do is wait a little longer like everyone else, who are all waiting for something. People in general also have to understand, that if you run your own business, it's your choice who to hire, and if not having woman in your workplace is detrimental, you will pay for it eventually. If woman bring an advantage or are necessary, either you change, if you want to or not, and prosper, or you get left in the dust by those who do. For men or woman who don't like this, they are free to start a business themselves and hire plenty of woman and do things as they 'should be', as far as they are concerned. If they are correct, they will end up growing and making many more woman's dreams come true. Change isn't easy, but isn't always right either, and sometimes just needs more time 'to cook'.

I'm also assuming the paradox was based on what I said, which didn't make sense since I didn't say that. If you're talking about it in general, then yes that would be correct, but people contradict themselves all the time and don't realize it or just don't care. The fact is people are people, and you can't force them to bend to your will if they aren't directly interfering with your life. All you can do is inform them and hope they eventually agree with you.

Around the Network

I can't believe Obama would say this! He's CANCELLED!!!

A prominent Canadian figure has just been the next victim of woke cancel culture. Don Cherry, host of Coach's Corner for 33 seasons, on Hockey Night in Canada (which is a big deal here), just got fired for basically saying new people coming to Canada don't care enough about our veteran's.

Now what's telling, is the media won't show what led up to Don saying that, and I can't find that footage anywhere, but everyone who watches the program knows that his co host Ron, brings up topics and Don reacts to them. Don btw, is a loud mouth like Trump, and is a straight shooter.

The media is spinning it like Don was going after poor helpless minority immigrants, when he simply said "you people love, you that come here".

Not all that surprising how some are reacting due to the "you people" joke from the movie Tropic Thunder.

0:30-0:50

*Actually found a clip of a little bit of what Don said before what's being shown by the media. Not really all that useful but he clearly was making a point about supporting veterans and how the large cities don't show much support.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 11 November 2019

He is attacking the left, not slamming "woke" culture, he is a centre right neoliberal that killed a lot of innocent people. He wasn't as bad as George Bush but has committed crimes against humanity and war crimes. He is also a hypocrite and faker. He pretended to be for the people but he gave zero shits about his own base and everyone that voted for him or didn't. He acts holier than thou and better than the rest of us now. He didn't really accomplish much to help people and couldn't even shut down Gitmo. The one good thing he did with Iran is gone because of Drumpf. His legacy is drone strikes and Syrian war and the murder of Gaddafi which led to slave trading in Lebanon making a grand come back

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

He's a Nobel Peace Prize winner who had a kill list and killed another Nobel Peace Prize winner. Almost nothing he ever says is valid. And he also gave this speech in front of a bunch of rich people. If people did a few hours of research at most (and I don't think they would need to do it for that long), they'd realize Barack Obama did many horrible things. He is the moral superior to very few on this planet.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Immersiveunreality said:
Chrkeller said:

I suspect regardless of the data, some wouldn't believe it because it doesn't fit their agenda. I've seen gender issues in the workplace. It isn't imaginary.

My first manager flat out told me he wouldn't hire a female, because all they do is cry.

Thats a personal preference yes,works from both sides.

Immersiveunreality said:
Chrkeller said:
I sincerely hope you are joking.

Are you really believing that behaviour only comes from males?

The manager you knew is not a representation of the male gender,he is just an ass with personal preferences that are based on ignorance.(That was what i meant so excuse me if it was not clear enough)

And you have females beings bitches for doing that very same thing,there you go: equality.

That really didn't shine trough at all, to me it felt more like you were downplaying, supporting and encouraging such outdated sexist ways to think. If you really just wanted to point out an asshole then okay, no harm done, it's just that your sentence made it seem you're totally in line with it.