5 0 0.00%

4 1 1.22%

3 or below 1 1.22%

haven't watched it 15 18.29%

won't watch it 1 1.22%

Total:82
d21lewis said:
Immersiveunreality said:
I enjoy good acting and since this is centered around an amazing actor i would love to see it.

Hopefully you've been able to avoid spoilers and you're okay with a slower pace. If so, I think you're in for a treat. Phoenix was acting his ass off! 

Yes i'm going in blind,i gladly risk my money to be suprised on this one and films with a slower pace draw more attention to the finer little details and that change of pace and focus is always interesting for me personally.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Immersiveunreality said:
I enjoy good acting and since this is centered around an amazing actor i would love to see it.

Hopefully you've been able to avoid spoilers and you're okay with a slower pace. If so, I think you're in for a treat. Phoenix was acting his ass off! 

Honestly didn't feel that slow. The 2 hours went by pretty quick.

jason1637 said:
d21lewis said:

Honestly didn't feel that slow. The 2 hours went by pretty quick.

For me as well. But some people (including a ton of my real life friends) need explosions, special effects, and witty rapid fire "Uncharted banter" to enjoy a movie. I enjoyed the performances and the character development. I assume most people can jump between styles but with Joker being a "comic book movie" people have certain expectations and this movie may not deliver on that for them.

mZuzek loves Starfox Adventures

It's so dark, and so real. Very uncomfortable in some places. But that just makes it feel that much more real. I really enjoyed it.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

anyone get silenc eof the lambs vibes , when he was doing the dance with make up on ?

Around the Network

Well, after a solid opening week where it netted $137.7M, it made nearly $55.9M this past weekend, a relatively modest drop of only 41.9% from opening weekend. If it continues to have strong legs, it ought to easily clear $300M domestic, maybe even $350M. Either result would put it well within the Top 10 R-rated films of the 21st century, and well within the Top 40 R-rated films of all time.

jason1637 said:
Darwinianevolution said:
As someone who hasn't seen the film and didn't even follow the fearmongering of the media did (seriously, what the hell happened here? Can someone explain?), I'm not sure what I'm in for. I am thinking of going to watch it, but I'm really tired of comic book films...

From what I've seen the controversy is because the Joker is a white dude that gets bullied and hos dreams shattered so he resorts to going on a killing spree.

What does him being white have to do with anything?

pitzy272 said:
jason1637 said:

From what I've seen the controversy is because the Joker is a white dude that gets bullied and hos dreams shattered so he resorts to going on a killing spree.

What does him being white have to do with anything?

Well most mass shooters have been white. 

The Joker movie was a villain movie, and the critics seem to think they were watching a superhero origins movie.

The movie is unsettling, because the character is believable, and so is quite scary. The mood is uneasy throughout the movie from start to finish, and the evolution of the character into madness is clear.

I believe that critics have gotten comfortable with movies that make them comfortable, but the audience are asking for something more compelling, and this movie delivered.

The most powerful Joker performance imho was given here, you may not have it again for a long time so might as well just enjoy it and rewatch when it comes out in blu-ray.

Finally saw it.

A solid 8-9/10 for me.

I also believe that the Joker might have imagined his encounter with Wayne, and maybe Wayne wasn't as villainous as implied.