By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's the single best game Nintendo has ever created?

curl-6 said:

For me it's got to be Super Mario Galaxy.

As others have stated, it's one of those games that's sublime to the point of near utter perfection. Everything from the tight controls, to the incredibly creative level design, to the wonderful music, to the beautiful visuals, it's superb in every single aspect.

But tying all these brilliant components into a cohesive whole is this effortless magic that somehow recaptures that childhood feeling of exploring playgrounds and backyards while playing make-belief games of adventure and discovery, and manages to distill it into into video game form. I thought that feeling of childlike wonder had been lost to me forever, but Mario Galaxy brought it back.

A true masterpiece.

Yeah, I don't know how they did it, but it was like Nintendo took the concept of pure joy and somehow turned it into a video game.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

Breath of the Wild, because it is peak Nintendo so far.

Having serenaded Mario Galaxy for several pages, I should note my runner up is BOTW. I've talked at length about this before, but it's the first game in years that really inspired my imagination with the almost endless gameplay potential made possible by its physics and chemistry systems, and the way such an elaborate system was woven together into such a cohesive, organic, and intuitive whole. 

Other honourable mentions from me go to Ocarina of Time, Galaxy 2, and Metroid Prime.

I will say mario 64 because it was way better than anything existing when it released !!

Please support planet earth with ecosia and support me by visiting my website

noemie75 said:

I will say mario 64 because it was way better than anything existing when it released !!

It's still my favorite Mario. All the ones since have been great, but Mario 64 was an absolute marvel in its time. It was good to the point where at times the N64 was basically a plug-and-play console for Super Mario 64.

Around the Network

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. It's just a perfect game. Visuals, gameplay, music, sound fx, everything. A timeless classic.

Breath of the Wild has its unique advantages, though. But Zelda III nailed it, especially the soundtrack.

Probably either Super Mario Odyssey or Mario Kart 8.

I cannot!!!!

Switch!!!

Jumpin said:

I sort of see Galaxy 2 as an extension of Galaxy 1 in a similar way to the Star Road section of Super Mario World - those levels are my favourites of the game. While they are separate from the rest of the game, the rest of the game still exists — Star Road is not satisfying outside of the existence of Mario World. My favourite 3D platforming is from Galaxy 2, but Galaxy 1 is where the magic of the universe and the unparalleled story/atmospheric experience is. Combined, SMG1+2 is the best of both worlds.

So even though I do like the levels of 2 mostly better than 1, the experience is significantly less without the experience of 1. If you can only play one of the two, make it Galaxy 1.

If Nintendo makes a Galaxy 3 I really hope they capture everything in one game.

Agreed. Galaxy 1 was very atmospheric and it was a disspointment to me that they changed in the sequel.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile