By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - TLoU part 2 will not have multiplayer

Why dont they do both? Its a shame because my best type of games offer both a quality and single player option.
Games like TLOU which i have enjoyed are normally 1 or maybe 2 solid playthroughs but after that you hit the MP. Without a MP mode it limits you alot.

Around the Network

So it’s not cancelled. They’re making it it’s own thing.

isn’t this what people wanted. No more half baked multiplayer modes just so they can add some MTs or loot boxes?

think-man said:
LordLichtenstein said:

No offense, but Gears is no The Last of Us. 

Truer words have never been spoken. 

Correct, Gears offers both a great SP and MP game. TLOU2 will only offer one of them which is a damn shame as i like both SP and MP modes in big games.

The game will be void of microtransactions then? It would make up for the in your face progressiveness they try to rub under everyones noses. Traditionalism at its purest. Maybe ill even buy it at release then.

Hunting Season is done...

Azzanation said:
think-man said:

Truer words have never been spoken. 

Correct, Gears offers both a great SP and MP game. TLOU2 will only offer one of them which is a damn shame as i like both SP and MP modes in big games.

.. and I'm willing to bet that The Last of Us - Part II will be a better game overall than Gears 5 - regardless of no multiplayer component. The Last of Us is a different kind of beast. Don't compare the two.

Around the Network
Manlytears said:

Source:

Nice! Glad to hear it’s not canceled. Heard someone else give a theory that TLoUp2 will be re-released for the ps5 launch with the multiplayer included, and this seems likely. This would be a smart move. The only thing that would have been smarter would be if Sony made the initial launch of TLoUp2 for ps5. 

I would only play the SP anyway, so no big deal for me. Sucks for the people who loved it in the first one and wanted it in this though.

No matter. The core game will better for it. I play games for a good story and enjoyable gameplay, not mindless and repetitive shooting that really has no ultimate goal or purpose other than kill/die endlessly.

LordLichtenstein said:

.. and I'm willing to bet that The Last of Us - Part II will be a better game overall than Gears 5 - regardless of no multiplayer component. The Last of Us is a different kind of beast. Don't compare the two.

That depends what you want in a video game. Gamers who enjoy multiplayer games will think otherwise. Better than Gears 5? How does a game that is completely different in gameplay be better than a game thats offering different things? Thats like you saying TLOU2 is going to be better than Age of Empires.. odd thing to say. But if you want to go down that road well i can tell you something Gears 5 does already better than TLOU2, thats offer a multiplayer option.

Different beast? Are you saying its not a video game? What does that even mean?

I have no daubt TLOU2 will offer a great campaign like the first did, but i cannot help my disapointment in companies removing features from games. Remember the feed back Halo 5 copped when they removed split screen? TLOU2 is removing the entire feature completely. Why? Does Sony not think there are gamers who like multiplayer?

LoL at people, who obviously have no interest in this game, pretending this matters Greate decision ND, I don't give a hoot about the MP part, and this way I can get all the trophies without the need to dive into the MP part. Can't wait!

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!