By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - TLoU part 2 will not have multiplayer

Barkley said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

The reason this forum has went to complete shit in a nutshell, right here in one post LOL

Console warz are adorable 

gamers lean towards multiplayer over singleplayer

Fixed that for you 👍

Theres a thread on the first page here where you yourself posted a chart showing the top selling PS4 games in the US and it was dominated by games with heavy MP influence. GTA, CoD, Battlefield, Red Dead, same shit sells on both platforms. People prefer MP. Where Sony and MS differ is Sony has always had more studios and they have studios that make SP games. MS only remedied this situation recently and the results won’t be seen until next gen really.

That of course ignores the fact that we’re in a thread discussing how Naughty Dog apparently thinks the MP in LoU2 is such a big deal that it deserves a stand alone release or a DLC. So I guess they must think there are a lot of people who think like me that own PS4’s? Otherwise why bother with a special release. 

But logic doesn’t apply when you’re trying to make console war zingers. Carry on.

Around the Network

Lots of... passion in this thread!

Making it a stand alone title makes it a lot more interesting. They can really up the emphasis on managing your survivors and even add real factions into it, like For Honor. Could even be F2P, and there are strong rumors of a BR mode being in it.

Dropping in somewhere and you have to scavenge for weapons and supplies to make stuff, would be interesting. I’d still stick to the traditional SnD type mode though.

hunter_alien said:

Xbox games are basically free games with GamePass so I don't know why you keep comparing them to this. Crackdown 3 launched with both SP and MP modes and SoTs offers all its future content free at no extra costs. But if you want to compare than Gears 5 just released with both an amazing SP and MP modes with amazing visuals at launch at no extra cost. The Coalition didn't say to Gears fans to wait for either the SP or MP modes until next year or 2 and possibly charge the same customer twice. That is no different to how Destiny butchered there own game by splitting the game up into 3 expansions and expect the customer to buy the game another 3 times or a Season Pass. 

1. Yes they are, and the level of quality is roughly on the same level as most free to play games.

2.  Luckily the quality bar is set a bit higher for Sony first-party AAA releases than what something like Gears 5 can offer, so no, the comparison would not be fair It might stand toe-to-toe with something like Day's Gone but let's not kid ourselves, they are NOT on the same level as Naughty Dog. 

Oh boy haha. So you are saying games like Gears of War and Forza have the same level of quality as free to play games? 

LordLichtenstein said:
Intrinsic said:

Same here... I wanted the game to have it just so I can opt to not play it like I did with the original. Now they have denied me that right, so I am not buying either.

Your "right"? ..

I guess we know who will get the self centered award of the year. On topic I think its for the better since TLOU is mainly a SP story so its perfectly fine if that's the pure focus. In that regard its a bit like the new GOW. Since it will also be less lineair, more explotation and probably pretty long. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar