By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: W38, 2019 (Sep 16 - Sep 22) -- Lite Edition

Sorry guys. Im using the mobile site and i cant quote anyone. Thanks for the replys and yeah i didnt even realize i was gone for so long

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Sorry guys. Im using the mobile site and i cant quote anyone. Thanks for the replys and yeah i didnt even realize i was gone for so long

I've missed you, I haven't been nearly as active on here lately because so many people have left.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Hey Tbone, good to see ya again! :)

OTBWY said:
curl-6 said:

Nintendo's stock fell 4% yesterday after the initial forecast of 114k, Citibank is targeting Nintendo and its investors. This is manipulation.

Yeah I've been doing some reading up on the situation and it's sheer stupidity at best and malicious spin at worst.

https://www.serkantoto.com/2019/09/25/switch-lite-sales-the-bloomberg-citibank-disaster/

Basically, Citi made a ridiculously unrealistic forecast of 300k first week for Lite, ran with the 114k number as a sign it had massively underperformed, then failed to highlight their mistake when the number actually turned out to be higher.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 25 September 2019

OP updated with Famitsu Top 30

So Ni No Kuni seems to have sold nearly twice as much on Switch as PS4 despite the former not being the remastered version.

On the flipside, I kinda expected Nintendo's evergreens to get more of a boost from so many new Switch owners.

Around the Network
nero said:
OP updated with Famitsu Top 30

I think you can delete Daniel Ahmad's tweet in the OP since it turned out to be fake news with only 114k Switch Lite.

Hey Zorg and Curl 👋

Breath of the Wild is such a success story!
Hopefully Nintendo doesn't mess up the sequel!

With the updated numbers a 400k+ week globally is basically guaranteed.

curl-6 said:

With the updated numbers a 400k+ week globally is basically guaranteed.

If the rest of the world, as in, everything outside of Japan, only pulls 150k (aka, staying flat), then I will seriously wonder about the numbers and the algorithms on this page. That happened already when the new base model released in Japan (no boost at all outside of Japan, not the weeks before since it was available earlier outside of Japan, and neither during it's release in Japan), so if they pull such a stunt again, I'll call the numbers bullshit.

600k+ or at the very least a high 500 (as in 570k+) should be more like it